Author Topic: Initial price for a XTS  (Read 27496 times)

Offline Agent86

• BTSX: agent86
    • View Profile
I'm just catching up on everything so my question shows complete ignorance and I'm counting on your kindness to explain to me what's probably basic knowledge here  :D

were all the PTSX distributed or is it possible to buy some (in order to receive stake in future X ventures)? and I saw in another post there are ptsx available on bter38, are those the same thing, and is there a special wallet for ptsx to hold them or can they be transferred to a BitShare-PTS wallet?

(well now that I'm asking, I also took part in the initial buy/funding last year where you sent PTS to reserve a name of your choice. what happened to that?)
If you owned BitShares-PTS on February 28th, you will have a stake in BitShares X (BTSX); accessed with the same wallet keys that held the PTS on that date.  You can also buy more BitShares X on btc38 already.  You should also get some BTSX because you bought a keyhotee ID.  I believe your keyhotee ID may be pre-registered on the BTSX blockchain.  The Bitshares X blockchain has not officially launched yet.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
I'm just catching up on everything so my question shows complete ignorance and I'm counting on your kindness to explain to me what's probably basic knowledge here  :D

were all the PTSX distributed or is it possible to buy some (in order to receive stake in future X ventures)? and I saw in another post there are ptsx available on bter38, are those the same thing, and is there a special wallet for ptsx to hold them or can they be transferred to a BitShare-PTS wallet?

(well now that I'm asking, I also took part in the initial buy/funding last year where you sent PTS to reserve a name of your choice. what happened to that?)

It is BTSX not PTSX. All are distributed. The one you see on btc38 are BTSX that was "created" cause on the snapshot 28/2/2014 some investors had their PTS on the exchange and not on their BitShares-PTS wallets so the owner seems to bee technicaly btc38 (because the PTS was on the exchange wallet). Because btc38 was fair to their customers they created a BTSX IOU and has made the commitment that when BitSharesX is official out, they will give to it's customers the BTSXs everyone owns depended on the number of BitShares-PTS they had on snapshot day on the exchange. So right now nobody can withdrawn the BTSX since BitSharesX is not yet out but they are tradable  ;) The new owners (you could be to) just must wait until BTSX is official out and everything works flawless and then make any withdrawals to their BitSharesX wallets (now on alpha testing).

Offline id10tothe9

• View Profile

Offline Simeon II

• View Profile
@ Empirical1 and other interested in buying BTS.

I do not know if this is good or bad news for you but:
I have found counter party and have sold 75% of my position at 31.25 Mil  USD (at $640/BTC) market cap.
50% of the money, by both sides, is transferred to escrow, so it is effectively done!  :)

@ Agent86 – my security deposit is 35%. The other party finds the amount satisfactory, so…

+5%

I'm glad you were able to make a deal with and sort out escrow on terms you were happy with. 

I'm also glad there's someone willing to buy a big position at $31.25 Million.

Your remaining 25% still leaves you with a nice stake, I hope you will keep it and share in the success of X :)

Ohhhh, if I am correct or partially correct I intend to use most of the money to re-buy a bigger stake than the one I had.
 If I am wrong and you guys were correct I will repurchase but unfortunately a smaller stake… things of life, you know, you cannot have it both ways.

Ok. Hope it works out!

I wasn't too impressed when you challenged me in this thread, but I came across some of your posts in other threads and actually found I agree with a lot of what you have to say. I think it's good you speak your mind.

I think we nailed it:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=5471.msg73348#msg73348

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile

I have found counter party and have sold 75% of my position at 31.25 Mil  USD (at $640/BTC) market cap.
50% of the money, by both sides, is transferred to escrow, so it is effectively done!  :)

@ Agent86 – my security deposit is 35%. The other party finds the amount satisfactory, so…

+5%

I'm glad you were able to make a deal with and sort out escrow on terms you were happy with. 

Your remaining 25% still leaves you with a nice stake, I hope you will keep it and share in the success of X :)

Ohhhh, if I am correct or partially correct I intend to use most of the money to re-buy a bigger stake than the one I had.
 If I am wrong and you guys were correct I will repurchase but unfortunately a smaller stake… things of life, you know, you cannot have it both ways.

Ok. Hope it works out!

I wasn't too impressed when you challenged me in this thread, but I came across some of your posts in other threads and actually found I agree with a lot of what you have to say. I think it's good you speak your mind.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 09:19:50 pm by Empirical1 »

Offline Simeon II

• View Profile

+5%

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile

+5%

« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 12:32:32 am by Empirical1 »

Offline Simeon II

• View Profile

Offline bytemaster

http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Why_choose_Bitshares%3F#Comparison_of_BitShares_and_Other_Platforms

Please look at the market caps of these other platforms and tell me that its going to IPO at $15 million. Ethereum wont even be more efficient that bitshares because its still trying to create an asic resistant proof of work.

Can someone fix the wiki with some details:

1) Our transactions are just slightly more anonymous than bitcoin (automatic unique address generation)
2) A MAJOR benefit our transactions have is the memo field and identification of who the transaction is from
3) 100 TPS is theoretically possible for all systems, our first system will probably start out with a 10 TPS limit.

Very good information on the Wiki guys!   
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

clout

http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Why_choose_Bitshares%3F#Comparison_of_BitShares_and_Other_Platforms

Please look at the market caps of these other platforms and tell me that its going to IPO at $15 million. Ethereum wont even be more efficient that bitshares because its still trying to create an asic resistant proof of work.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Don't beat yourself up, I'm sure there will be opportunities to get in at reasonable prices.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I feel you man...Actually I do hope that a lot of you sell some XTS upon launching at cheap prices as I seriously need to increase my BTS holdings...I have also invested a lot in AGS but mostly after the 28th snapshot...For some reason I thought that keeping PTS was the way to go before the snapshot (Idiot...)

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Also I wanted to share this as I think I'm not alone, and you guys are trying to predict prices. In fact I may even sell a % at a small loss in order to move into early ethereum and other more lucrative investments. My point is I won't be surprise if we don't even see a market cap of $15M for some time while people who have been waiting to cash out become liquid. Of course that will likely be a short lived drop and great investment opportunity for those who missed the boat.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile

Thirdly the Ethereum sale will be coming up, and I would definitely want to diversify and move some % from XTS to eth.

lol...why would you want to do that when in the future you could have Bitether and earn  +5%?

There will be much better investments with ether than with XTS. If we are talking about "future", in the future I can fund actual DApps that generate income and much more, I could participate as escrow etc.

Also I'm not 100% sure how well BitUSD will actually track the price. There is no unit of account, and price could be severely manipulated by big players. It's all theoretical at this point and the "future" you speak of is viewed through rose colored glasses. Which is fine, but I'm taking the approach of diversification. I would not put all my eggs in one basket. And I have put way too many in AGS.

I didn't say I'm going to sell all of it, just some % of it.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Thirdly the Ethereum sale will be coming up, and I would definitely want to diversify and move some % from XTS to eth.

lol...why would you want to do that when in the future you could have Bitether and earn  +5%?