Author Topic: Initial price for a XTS  (Read 27497 times)

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Adam exchanges haven't adjusted for the change in number of shares. They should once it is confirmed, because if they don't it will be very bad news that travels fast. Btc38 already confirmed they will handle this correctly. I'm assuming bter will as well.

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
Anybody checked Bter and BTC38 recently? Even their IOUs in BTSX are trading with a market cap of $20-25 million. This sucker's going to debut much higher than some folks think.

The IOUs are the only way to get BTSX right now. The supply is very limited at the moment. Once actual BTSX floods the market it will go down, just like ANY other IPO that debuts on an exchange. Then it should resume its course higher, given no major setbacks. I think there will be opportunities to get in on the cheap once more after we go live.

I really hope so...

We'll see. I've been buying some small quantities at around 0.008BTC at BTC38, but if the price drops even further on launch I'll be ready to buy even more. If BM and the others can sort out the few remaining bugs, the current state of this project is miles ahead of most other "altcoins", which bodes well for the Bitshares ecosystem.

I won't be surprised it BTSX is in the nr. 2 spot on Coinmarketcap come Christmas.

There are going to be 4 billion bitshares available on the market all at once, and you're paying .008btc EACH?  That's what, $4.80 a piece, and would give a market cap of  $19,200,000,000 i.e. bigger than the entire cryptocurrency ecosystem including bitcoin.

Are you aware of how much you're likely overpaying?
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline svk

Anybody checked Bter and BTC38 recently? Even their IOUs in BTSX are trading with a market cap of $20-25 million. This sucker's going to debut much higher than some folks think.

The IOUs are the only way to get BTSX right now. The supply is very limited at the moment. Once actual BTSX floods the market it will go down, just like ANY other IPO that debuts on an exchange. Then it should resume its course higher, given no major setbacks. I think there will be opportunities to get in on the cheap once more after we go live.

I really hope so...

We'll see. I've been buying some small quantities at around 0.008BTC at BTC38, but if the price drops even further on launch I'll be ready to buy even more. If BM and the others can sort out the few remaining bugs, the current state of this project is miles ahead of most other "altcoins", which bodes well for the Bitshares ecosystem.

I won't be surprised it BTSX is in the nr. 2 spot on Coinmarketcap come Christmas.

Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

I really hope so...

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline Simeon II

• View Profile
I don't know about Simeon, but my buy back price would be at $16.3M and $12.5M market cap (given I still believe in the long term growth of the platform).

I will start buying at $15Mil and get seriously involved at $9-$10MIil

Offline amencon

• View Profile
I feel you man...Actually I do hope that a lot of you sell some XTS upon launching at cheap prices as I seriously need to increase my BTS holdings...I have also invested a lot in AGS but mostly after the 28th snapshot...For some reason I thought that keeping PTS was the way to go before the snapshot (Idiot...)
Don't feel too bad, I did some cursory research shortly before the snapshot.  I understood PTS better and so invested a bit there, then read more and had a better understanding of AGS afterwards as well.

In both our cases at least we got involved somehow before the snapshot even if we didn't maximize well for XTS.

Offline id10tothe9

• View Profile
thanks xeroc!!
I expected they would send an email when something new happens to keep us informed, I don't know if back then this forum even existed >:(

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
About my keyhotee ID, I sent the PTS from cryptsy, was that a bad idea?  :o
for your keyhotee you only need the address you sent the PTS to .. but you need to generate a public key using the keyhotee software soon!! otherwise you will not get your name registered in the genesisblock!

wheew thats good :), but I could not find a keyhotee software I guess this is still to be released?
https://github.com/InvictusInnovations/keyhotee/releases

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1433.msg50002#msg50002

Offline id10tothe9

• View Profile
for your keyhotee you only need the address you sent the PTS to .. but you need to generate a public key using the keyhotee software soon!! otherwise you will not get your name registered in the genesisblock!

wheew thats good :), but I could not find a keyhotee software I guess this is still to be released?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline id10tothe9

• View Profile
Thanks liondani and Agent86 for the help!
ok so to own BTSX I should buy them on btc38 and then when it's ready withdraw them to my BTSX wallet. I believe I had PTS in February but they were on cryptsy so I guess I will get nothing  ::)

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
I don't know about Simeon, but my buy back price would be at $16.3M and $12.5M market cap (given I still believe in the long term growth of the platform).

Offline Bitshark

• View Profile
@ Empirical1 and other interested in buying BTS.

I do not know if this is good or bad news for you but:
I have found counter party and have sold 75% of my position at 31.25 Mil  USD (at $640/BTC) market cap.
50% of the money, by both sides, is transferred to escrow, so it is effectively done!  :)

@ Agent86 – my security deposit is 35%. The other party finds the amount satisfactory, so…

+5%

I'm glad you were able to make a deal with and sort out escrow on terms you were happy with. 

I'm also glad there's someone willing to buy a big position at $31.25 Million.

Your remaining 25% still leaves you with a nice stake, I hope you will keep it and share in the success of X :)

Ohhhh, if I am correct or partially correct I intend to use most of the money to re-buy a bigger stake than the one I had.
 If I am wrong and you guys were correct I will repurchase but unfortunately a smaller stake… things of life, you know, you cannot have it both ways.

And what is your buy back price?