Author Topic: Is my wallet on a fork and has my PTS been recieved by the bitshares angels add?  (Read 2404 times)

Offline testz

Offline V D-C

• View Profile

Offline testz

Thanks for the help, testz.

I have another problem now! the computer I was using to run the bitshares wallet won't boot anymore, and the drive is encrypted, so I don't have access to that wallet.dat any more. I only have a backup from about 10 - 25 transactions ago.

If I can't recover the wallet.dat from the bad OS will I have any problems using the old backup now? (I was only booting in to that desktop to backup that file too!)

"backup from about 10 - 25 transactions ago" should be good, install wallet software on new PC, run it, wait until it's sync blockchain, close wallet software, replace empty wallet.dat with your backup one (in Windows it's located at C:\Users\<User name>\AppData\Roaming\BitShares-PTS), run wallet software again.
You should see all your transactions and funds.

Offline V D-C

• View Profile
Thanks for the help, testz.

I have another problem now! the computer I was using to run the bitshares wallet won't boot anymore, and the drive is encrypted, so I don't have access to that wallet.dat any more. I only have a backup from about 10 - 25 transactions ago.

If I can't recover the wallet.dat from the bad OS will I have any problems using the old backup now? (I was only booting in to that desktop to backup that file too!)

Offline testz

Hi, I am a bit uncertain if I am on a hard forked wallet?

Probably it's your transaction:
http://ptsexplorer.cloudapp.net/tx/b37a7d5c076de86700760c1cde761f6aed2d8b3335832d75fa5f8561b45c605d#i0

Due lack of miners BitShares-PTS network slooow, but doesn't have a fork.
Each time when you send funds to any address, you get change to new address which called change address. To check your AGS balance and addresses from which you donate use command:
Code: [Select]
getagsbalance *
More information here:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=2448.msg30093#msg30093

Offline V D-C

• View Profile
Hi, I am a bit uncertain if I am on a hard forked wallet?

this is the wallet I am using -

BitShares-PTS version - v1.0.0.0-unk-beta

The reason I am asking is partly because I still haven't learned exactly how the blockchain works and I have been sending a few PTS to the bitshares angelshares (not sure of the exact name) address -

PaNGELmZgzRQCKeEKM6ifgTqNkC4ceiAWw

My wallet has not always been synced when I send the money, so I think the 3 or 4 pts I have send on different days end up all being sent at the same time when the wallet actually syncs to the network, rather than the days I sent them?

This is my address -

https://coinplorer.com/PTS/Addresses/PdVyHfNtJWoGsHz7adMA79RySdJrL6aKLm

I sent 5.4 pts yesterday, to that bitshares address above,and I don't see them at the above address! But my wallet has only fulled synced just now.

So, I am wondering if my PTS has been going to the bitshares address and if I am on a forked blockchain? thanks! I hope that makes sense!