Author Topic: July Newsletter  (Read 8617 times)

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Its a shame the community hasn't had a chance to proof read before publishing .. wtf are we good for? I feel useless!

Don't overact, you are already doing so much and your efforts are appreciated from all of us, you don't need to prove it every single minute!
After all it was a great surprise, and we welcome such surprises  ;)

I am sure I3 need as right know more on the dry run testings instead "taking" our time on proof reads   :)

Sorry about that.  Having the community proof-read it is my preferred approach too.  I had to trade that off against a desire to release it on the Fourth of July anniversary date and just ran out of time.
That explains alot ..

@cass: not nesessary need to use the pad .. a pdf would be enough .. just that minor mistakes (punctuation, urls) can be tripple checked ..

Anyway .. the newsletter came as a surprise

A newsletter, like many things, is a dish best served cold...   :)

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
Whohoooo made it indirectly into the July newsletter :D

Best newsletter so far. I think the graph comparing Github activity of the Bitshares toolkit to Ethereum was great. For potential investors and stakeholders such substantive comparisons are much more important than high level overviews.

If you guys think a more professional newsletter design would be beneficial to the community let me know! Always looking to get the message across to more people.

Thx for your help itnom. I'm on newsletter theme design currently ;)

I'd like to see someone convert the current newsletter to something more professional and re-release it, just for demo purposes...
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
Again loved the newsletter  +5%

But just wondering if you are able to give any clarity on when we will know the specific PTS allocations for those companies.

Obviously the Key ones BitShares Lotto/.p2p/Music will form the base for valuing BitShares-PTS for the next months...

So whatever you value their combined starting CAP at, for example $100 Million,

- the difference between PTS getting the minimum of 10%, compared to say 45% on the high side is pretty dramatic in terms of investors trying to value PTS without the information I3 &/or the developers may have. So if we can get any added clarity/ballpark figures but not commitments etc. with where you and those developers thinking is at as you move forward it can really help imo.

Each developer has to make that call sometime before their snapshot.  Many want to wait and interact with the community as long as possible before committing - since new considerations seem to come up every day.

You make a great point about PTS value depending on knowing, but individual developers are more concerned about getting their mix right than day-to-day PTS values.

Assume 10% and then be pleasantly surprised if a developer gives us more?  :)

+5% Thanks for the reply.

My concern was also depending on how the developer goes about deciding on allocation, there's potentially a significant inside trading advantage so I was trying to mitigate that, but I agree each DAC needs to get it's own mix right as best it can, hopefully it will done with some community consultation for the ones I've indicated.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

Best newsletter so far. I think the graph comparing Github activity of the Bitshares toolkit to Ethereum was great. For potential investors and stakeholders such substantive comparisons are much more important than high level overviews.

If you guys think a more professional newsletter design would be beneficial to the community let me know! Always looking to get the message across to more people.

Thx for your help itnom. I'm on newsletter theme design currently ;)
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex

But just wondering if you are able to give any clarity on when we will know the specific PTS allocations for those companies.

Obviously the Key ones BitShares Lotto/.p2p/Music will form the base for valuing BitShares-PTS for the next months...

- the difference between PTS getting the minimum of 10%, compared to say 45% on the high side is pretty dramatic in terms of investors trying to value PTS without the information I3 &/or the developers may have. So if we can get any added clarity/ballpark figures but not commitments etc. with where you and those developers thinking is at as you move forward it can really help imo.

Each developer has to make that call sometime before their snapshot.  Many want to wait and interact with the community as long as possible before committing - since new considerations seem to come up every day.

You make a great point about PTS value depending on knowing, but individual developers are more concerned about getting their mix right than day-to-day PTS values.

Assume 10% and then be pleasantly surprised if a developer gives us more?  :)

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
Something I don't liked is the intentions to use for the original  BitSharesX the symbol BTSX
I don't like it because it is 4 letter's (to much to remember)
I thing much better is 3 letter's (professional, more respectfull,easier)

something like  BSX (from the capitals of BitSharesX)
or BTX, XBS, etc...
is to late for a pool post to vote about that?

The thinking is that currencies use three letters (USD, EUR, etc.) while businesses have begun to use four (APPL, MSFT, etc).

The four letter ticker is usually ascribed to NASDAQ listed companies. It is not new. It's just you have begun to hear more about them because most high and fast growing companies you hear about are tech companies. Those companies tend to get listed on the NASDAQ. There are only 3 companies in the Dow Industrial 30 with four letter tickers, CSCO, INTC, MSFT, all of them are tech listed on the NASdAQ but traded everywhere.

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile

Offline itnom

• View Profile
    • Bitsapphire - The web development group that makes disruptive startups happen

Back our bid as a BitShares Delegate! http://bitsapphire.com/Bitshares-Delegate

wallet_approve_delegate bitsapphire true

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Its a shame the community hasn't had a chance to proof read before publishing .. wtf are we good for? I feel useless!

Don't overact, you are already doing so much and your efforts are appreciated from all of us, you don't need to prove it every single minute!

I am sure I3 need as right know more on the dry run testings instead "taking" our time on proof reads   :)

Sorry about that.  Having the community proof-read it is my preferred approach too.  I had to trade that off against a desire to release it on the Fourth of July anniversary date and just ran out of time.
That explains alot ..

@cass: not nesessary need to use the pad .. a pdf would be enough .. just that minor mistakes (punctuation, urls) can be tripple checked ..

Anyway .. the newsletter came as a surprise

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Something I don't liked is the intentions to use for the original  BitSharesX the symbol BTSX

or BTX, XBS, etc...

The thinking is that currencies use three letters (USD, EUR, etc.) while businesses have begun to use four (APPL, MSFT, etc).

agreed and also thinking 4 letters --> easier to save ... cause hundrets of 3 letter currencies out there ...my 2 BTSX
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

ok understand this! :) Also understand xerocs concerns about! For next newsletter we should make collaborative proof reading and themes collection!
xerocs maybe  over your pad. site, what do you thinking !?

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex

or BTX, XBS, etc...

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
Code: [Select]
Their first release will include the ability to trade BTSX bitshares and issue custom user assets.
(Yes, BTSX will have BitShares ME built in!)

btsx直接包含BitShares ME了。
哦 那BTS me 不是还没拍照吗?
那包含进去的话,怎么算,难道这4个多月 大家捐的ags 都分不到一点me的股份?

The ability to issue custom assets will be present in BTSX for use in special cases.  This does not mean that a separate ME chain will not be released for both general public use and special applications like BitShares music.  The toolkit makes it possible for DACs to mix and match such features easily.

@stan
What kinds of special cases?

We demonstrated the ME functionality in the prototype XT chain.  Now we'll have to see how DACS Unlimited configures them in their X release.  In general, it would be nice to use it to enable adding a few big names after launch without cluttering up the first chain with too many small fish.  Tuning the parameters so that market forces produce that result is the challenge.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

or BTX, XBS, etc...

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex