Author Topic: BTSX Sales Brochure  (Read 5370 times)

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile

BitShares X uses TITAN, which provides both greater use-of-use and more anonymity than Bitcoin.
>>> approve bitcoiners

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
Went through the responses. Makes perfect sense  :)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
"...a protoshare is functionally a liquid angelshare"

+5% +5% +5%

merockstar

its concise and easy to follow

my one suggestion might be changing the word 'donation' to 'funding' - makes it sound a bit more serious business venture and less of a charity case  imo :)
Yea, I was going to write it more like that but I thought the technical party line is that AGS are pure donations and are not an investment so I wrote it that way in case it was better not to imply otherwise.

Donations.  This must remain crystal clear everywhere.  Thanks!

The entire reason developers want to target promotional shares to people who donated to AGS is that it proves those people belong to a rare group of those who donate to developers.  Developers want the support of proven donors and AGS lets them precision-target that unique demographic.
I believe that it would be very important to make AGS liquid. This will allow for AGS owners to represent a much larger community of persons interested in DACs. Yes it will no longer 100% represent donors but the people who may have lost interest and sold their AGS would be replaced by others who are keen to join the community.

If we extrapolate into the future and see AGS as becoming one of the most sort after shares in the community it will become tradable anyway but through centralized exchanges. Something we look to differentiate ourselves from.

Additionally if we do not make AGS liquid the group of AGS owners who are forced to become powerful shareholders, because they cant sell, will appear to become a small 'cartel' of people who get a stake in everything.

after the donation period what is the difference between an angelshare and a protoshare?

The represent two different demographics that developers will want to target with free promotional shares.

You can read about how they are different and why that matter's here:

Also PTS is tradable but AGS is not -- for these reasons:

appreciate the answer, but it was a rhetorical question posed in response to MrJeans argument that AGS should be liquid because future trolls might view AGS investors as a private bitshares cartel. i could have elaborated a bit though:

MrJeans, theres no reason to make AGS liquid because a protoshare has the same effect as an angelshare as far as stakes in DACs are concerned (when you donate a protoshare to the ags fund now, you get credit multiple ags)

seeing as how a protoshare and an angelshare have the same net effect, if ags were ever made liquid it would be valued the same as a pts so no point in making it liquid (a potential angelshare buyer can just buy a protoshare, distinction between donor and crypto-holder set aside, a protoshare is functionally a liquid angelshare)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 01:40:44 am by merockstar »

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

my one suggestion might be changing the word 'donation' to 'funding' - makes it sound a bit more serious business venture and less of a charity case  imo :)
Yea, I was going to write it more like that but I thought the technical party line is that AGS are pure donations and are not an investment so I wrote it that way in case it was better not to imply otherwise.

The entire reason developers want to target promotional shares to people who donated to AGS is that it proves those people belong to a rare group of those who donate to developers.  Developers want the support of proven donors and AGS lets them precision-target that unique demographic.
I believe that it would be very important to make AGS liquid. This will allow for AGS owners to represent a much larger community of persons interested in DACs. Yes it will no longer 100% represent donors but the people who may have lost interest and sold their AGS would be replaced by others who are keen to join the community.

If we extrapolate into the future and see AGS as becoming one of the most sort after shares in the community it will become tradable anyway but through centralized exchanges. Something we look to differentiate ourselves from.

Additionally if we do not make AGS liquid the group of AGS owners who are forced to become powerful shareholders, because they cant sell, will appear to become a small 'cartel' of people who get a stake in everything.

after the donation period what is the difference between an angelshare and a protoshare?

The represent two different demographics that developers will want to target with free promotional shares.

You can read about how they are different and why that matter's here:

Also PTS is tradable but AGS is not -- for these reasons:
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

merockstar

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
 +5%  I like it, I'm trying to write a little sales pitch myself and I've stolen a few lines out of yours  :)

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
Very well written and articulated.  The people working with DAC's Unlimited should see this, if they haven't already. B

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
i like the idea ... to make a Broschure ... printable for conventions .. and also as .pdf for attaching on mails etc.

my 2 XTS
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
I get where you are going with this, but I'm not sure that just because you guys call it donation, it is so.

Definition of donation is as follows:

something that is given to a charity, especially a sum of money.
"a tax-deductible donation of $200"
synonyms:   gift, contribution, present, pledge, handout, grant, offering; care package; formalbenefaction; historicalalms
"a tax-deductible donation"
the action of donating something.

Are you a charity? Are PTS/BTC donations tax deductible? Also if there is "honoring PTS/AGS" by getting a % in return, this is no longer a charitable effort, is it?

Don't get me wrong - I think the ludicrous rules we live by are overlapping so much, it's like a house of cards, about to collapse. But I thought this wasn't concerning you anymore since you moved the ownership of the donated addresses to a country favoring your plans.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 03:49:07 am by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

merockstar

Maybe tack in something about how the existence of assets that track their real world price makes it possible for BitShares X to compete directly with banks.

Offline Agent86

• BTSX: agent86
    • View Profile
i see your point, however i think the word 'funding' is ambiguous enough to encompass all kinds of capital raising activities - donations included
You're probably right, I initially had it as "seed capital"...  I doubt it's a big deal one way or another and I can change it.

Offline solaaire

• praise the sun!
    • View Profile
i see your point, however i think the word 'funding' is ambiguous enough to encompass all kinds of capital raising activities - donations included

Offline Agent86

• View Profile

Offline solaaire

• praise the sun!
    • View Profile

context: " A team of dedicated developers have been assembled and over $5 million in donations was raised to grow the BitShares vision."
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 01:27:28 am by solaaire »

Offline Agent86

• View Profile
Hey guys, this is my rough draft for a BitShares X sales brochure (text only).  I wrote it for use at bitcoin conferences.  I just want to see any feedback.  I'm not sure if others have already done something like this so I'm happy to look at other works to put together a good version.

BitShares X
The New Consensus

The Bitcoin community share a belief that decentralized consensus technology will change the world in profound ways.  Bitshares X is an ambitious project born from this belief. Well before the recent collapse of Mt.Gox, the need for a decentralized exchange was recognized.  In 2013 Daniel Larimer, a software developer and longtime bitcoin community member, conceived of an idea for a decentralized exchange that would allow trading derivative assets that track the value of real-world assets, such as gold or USD, without counterparty risk or trusted price feeds.  A mechanism similar to a prediction market was designed which rewards traders who push the price toward consensus.

It has been over a year since this idea was formed and a massive effort has been undertaken to bring BitShares X to market.  Along the way, a new vision of the future of blockchain technology has emerged.  Mining has been eliminated from the consensus algorithm in favor of delegated proof of stake.  This eliminates the costly overhead of mining and potential for centralization of mining pools.  A team of dedicated developers have been assembled and over $5 million in donations was raised to grow the BitShares vision.  BitShares X is expected to launch within the month.  BitShares X is an open source project and public testnets of the software are currently running.  To find out more please visit bitshares-x.info and bitsharestalk.org.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 01:06:33 am by Agent86 »