Author Topic: Spend 10K on angel and pts, for almost half a year. the return rate is only 0.1%  (Read 8651 times)

Offline gamey

• View Profile
If the price was .02% of the value a day ago I'd be so happy.  I wouldn't have even posted.  Instead i would have headed straight for my BTC wallet to buy up as much as I possibly could...  I'd pretty much be set for life. 
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline omgomgomg

• View Profile
i don't know if my calculation is wrong, but based on bter exchange rate, seems it is the truth.

any insightful thoughts? since pts price drops three times than before on 228, i guess, i'm losing so much right now...

so maximum annually return rate is 0.3%

Do you know anything at all about software development ?  Like how difficult it is ?  What were you expecting?   The donations were to fund development.

so u saying, i invest, coz you guys think the sofware is so hard to develop, so i should expect nothing? then why do i invest if you ask me not to expect anything?
dude, if you selling an idea to ppl like this at the beginning, how many ppl do you think they will invest at the first place?

"ok, we have a very good product, invest your money on us, but please dont expect anything from us coz our software is SOOOOO FREAKing hard to develop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

im like lol?

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
You are not "confused and seeking insightful thoughts", you are complaining.

Do you want reassurance that you will get ROI (on something which is a donation and not an investment)? Will it really do any good if we offer it? IDK, "this is the price right at launch and it could grow" or "that is just the first of many DACs". Maybe you're just trying to vent and that's OK.

edit:

two days ago my bitshares worth 5k, today it only worth 10 bucks.

lol... your BTSX will be scaled up, relax. Multiply what you think you had by 500.

That's bullshit toast !
Can I multiply my # of shares by 500, after bter already did it once this morning?

The answer is READ before you post!

Multiply what you think you had by 500.

"You" being "omgomgomg"
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Simeon II

• View Profile

Do you want reassurance that you will get ROI (on something which is a donation and not an investment)? Will it really do any good if we offer it? IDK, "this is the price right at launch and it could grow" or "that is just the first of many DACs". Maybe you're just trying to vent and that's OK.

edit:

lol... your BTSX will be scaled up, relax. Multiply what you think you had by 500.

That's bullshit toast !
Can I multiply my # of shares by 500, after bter already did it once this morning?

The answer is READ before you post!

[edit] ok you posted about that in the meanwhile...
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 10:08:34 pm by Simeon II »

Offline toast

• View Profile
Did you have a balance on BTER or are you just using them as a price point?
They should have scaled anyone's balance on the account already
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline toast

• View Profile

edit:

ok thanks, see, this helps. i give no happy questions, you ppl give me happy endings. everyone happy

any how it works? i beg ur explanation.

It's simple, just think of everything in terms of % and not in terms of # of shares.
Suppose you had 1% of PTS which is awarded 50% of the BTSX. So you would have had 0.5% of the total supply. If total supply is 4m then you'd have 2k. If total supply is 2b then you'd have 1m.

Offline omgomgomg

• View Profile

edit:

also, other ppl might have same questions like i do. so everyone will benefits from my concerns.

trust me, im not the worst complainer you ever come across.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
i don't know if my calculation is wrong, but based on bter exchange rate, seems it is the truth.

any insightful thoughts? since pts price drops three times than before on 228, i guess, i'm losing so much right now...

so maximum annually return rate is 0.3%

Do you know anything at all about software development ?  Like how difficult it is ?  What were you expecting?   The donations were to fund development.

edit - ROFL at reading bter graphs... sorry.  Yea, that 99.98% or whatever loss in value is reason for concern if it was true.  I wish bter would have just left it as is, because it screwed up their whole trading interface.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 10:03:40 pm by gamey »
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline omgomgomg

• View Profile

edit:

ok thanks, see, this helps. i give no happy questions, you ppl give me happy endings. everyone happy

any how it works? i beg ur explanation.

Offline toast

• View Profile

edit:

Offline omgomgomg

• View Profile

1st You most likely cannot cash your 0.1% (be it negative 50% or 3000% return) right now.

2nd 0.1% profit for 6 mo., in no way describes your yearly profit .How you came with 0.3 is really interesting to me.

3rd  Can you put a bit of effort and explain where are you headed with this thread and/or what are you trying to say. PLEASE!

invested 10k now get over 1000 bitshares, *0.000017 on bter is 11.05 USD
600 pts i bought for 0.23, with 13.8 btc, now i sell those only get  4.2 btc. i lost almost 9 btc already. simple calculation as that.

any from 228 to now, 5 months i get 11 usd for my investment, a year would be 25 usd. so im still losing 9 btc in one year.
i think you didnt noticed that the current supply was raised from 4000000 to 2000000000

i did noticed that. thats why i made this post

Offline JA

• View Profile

1st You most likely cannot cash your 0.1% (be it negative 50% or 3000% return) right now.

2nd 0.1% profit for 6 mo., in no way describes your yearly profit .How you came with 0.3 is really interesting to me.

3rd  Can you put a bit of effort and explain where are you headed with this thread and/or what are you trying to say. PLEASE!

600 pts i bought for 0.23, with 13.8 btc, now i sell those only get  4.2 btc. i lost almost 9 btc already. simple calculation as that.

any from 228 to now, 5 months i get 11 usd for my investment, a year would be 25 usd. so im still losing 9 btc in one year.
i think you didnt noticed that the current supply was raised from 4000000 to 2000000000

Offline omgomgomg

• View Profile
my point is that my investment over half a year didn't get any payback.

and my another point is that i have lost more than 5k on investing on bitshares so far.

my last point is that should i still have faith in protoshares?

All questions above are one that you will be better off, asking and answering yourself.

Posting them here every couple of weeks, will do you no good... as you well know from past experience.

Hope this helps.

so ur saying for those ppl who once believed in pts should not post in here when they got confused and seeking for insightful thoughts?

Offline Simeon II

• View Profile
my point is that my investment over half a year didn't get any payback.

and my another point is that i have lost more than 5k on investing on bitshares so far.

my last point is that should i still have faith in protoshares?

All questions above are one that you will be better off, asking and answering yourself.

Posting them here every couple of weeks, will do you no good... as you well know from past experience.

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 09:53:25 pm by Simeon II »

Offline omgomgomg

• View Profile