Author Topic: BTS X is Live  (Read 53597 times)

sumantso

Cheers vikram, gamey. Still can't find it though - can you tell me what should be the name of it?

It seems that the delegate registration is ~20 BTSX. Initially it was said that delegates should earn back the registration fee within 2 weeks(i've argued against that :x), but it seems that this was reduced to a trivial fee.

For me, the biggest obstacle to even registering a delegate is potential legal problems. Not to even mention the competition and hard work convincing the shareholders to vote for you.

Cheers, will set up then once I import my balances in. Any suggestion on the pay rate?

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight
Finally synced.

What is the normal registration and delegate registration fees? I wonder if I should register as delegate as it doesn't seem possible to get into the 101 delegates now, as I see delegates like spartako and testz sitting outside.

I do want to set up a seed node, though. Is it possible from the Win GUI?
It seems that the delegate registration is ~20 BTSX. Initially it was said that delegates should earn back the registration fee within 2 weeks(i've argued against that :x), but it seems that this was reduced to a trivial fee.

For me, the biggest obstacle to even registering a delegate is potential legal problems. Not to even mention the competition and hard work convincing the shareholders to vote for you.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Two questions:

1>Can I just backup my wallet by copying? I did export command but where did it export to?

EDIT: From the GUI 'export wallet' gives me location. But where did the command line export wallet deliver it? I don't want a copy lying somewhere which I don't know about.

2> It gets stuck syncing - sometimes at 6k, sometimes at 9k. I delete and start again and it again gets stuck. I am running Win GUI and have 15+ connections.

We will look into why that is getting stuck.  It shouldn't be doing that.

Thanks. Deleted again and now its stuck at 6.8k.

Can you tell me where the exported wallet (done through console) went?

Do you remember the command you exported with ?  If you did not specify a path, then the wallet should have been exported to the current working directory.  I'm not entirely sure, but that would be either the directory where you started the CLI executable, or the directory containing the binary.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline vikram

Two questions:

1>Can I just backup my wallet by copying? I did export command but where did it export to?

EDIT: From the GUI 'export wallet' gives me location. But where did the command line export wallet deliver it? I don't want a copy lying somewhere which I don't know about.

2> It gets stuck syncing - sometimes at 6k, sometimes at 9k. I delete and start again and it again gets stuck. I am running Win GUI and have 15+ connections.

From command line interface, it saves to the current working directory unless you used an absolute path.

sumantso

Finally synced.

What is the normal registration and delegate registration fees? I wonder if I should register as delegate as it doesn't seem possible to get into the 101 delegates now, as I see delegates like spartako and testz sitting outside.

I do want to set up a seed node, though. Is it possible from the Win GUI?

sumantso

Two questions:

Offline bytemaster

Two questions:

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

sumantso

Two questions:

« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 11:18:16 am by sumantso »

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
yo seen that. I guess though that this is for when you had pts in your wallet before the 28.2. I didnt. I donated those pts to ags...
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 04:13:43 pm by delulo »

Offline Riverhead

At the command line type: help wallet_import_bitcoin

>>> help wallet_import_bitcoin
Usage:
wallet_import_bitcoin <wallet_filename> <passphrase> <account_name>                                   Imports a Bitcoin Core or BitShares PTS wallet
Imports a Bitcoin Core or BitShares PTS wallet

Parameters:
  wallet_filename (filename, required): the Bitcoin/PTS wallet file path
  passphrase (passphrase, required): the imported wallet's password
  account_name (account_name, required): the account to receive the contents of the wallet

Returns:
  void

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
When I want to claim the pts I donated to ags, what is the command? wallet_import_bitcoin (description says: Imports a bitcoin core or PTS wallet) or does it only work by importing the pts priv. key via wallet_import_private_key?

I pointed the client at my wallet.dat for PTS that contained the private key of my donation address.  I believe I got all the AGS that was coming to me.

My Accounts->Some_Account-> Advanced -> Import Wallet (bitcoin) -> Put in path to the wallet.dat that contains the private PTS keys.

Just have the command line client running, I would need to know the command...

Offline Riverhead

When I want to claim the pts I donated to ags, what is the command? wallet_import_bitcoin (description says: Imports a bitcoin core or PTS wallet) or does it only work by importing the pts priv. key via wallet_import_private_key?

I pointed the client at my wallet.dat for PTS that contained the private key of my donation address.  I believe I got all the AGS that was coming to me.

My Accounts->Some_Account-> Advanced -> Import Wallet (bitcoin) -> Put in path to the wallet.dat that contains the private PTS keys.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

merockstar

In my case I had no trouble at all importing both bitcoin/protoshares wallet and private keys.
Neither had I any troubles with wallet_import_keyhotee command. All worked smooth.

It was performed on Ubuntu 12.04 and 14.04.

I'd love to know how you got it to compile on 12.04.

It's been giving me fits.