Author Topic: BTS X is Live  (Read 54363 times)

Offline dxtr

• United We Stand, Dispersed We Are.
    • View Profile
Are those init* delegates going to be gradually replaced by actual delegates from around the world?

Right now it's kind of hard to push your delegate up, when EACH (!!!) init* delegate has over 3% of total votes...

And init* delegates create majority of active ones.

BTW: From my perspective it looks like if someone has, say, 3.9% of all shares, and creates 101 delegates all of which he approves, then each and every delegate gets 3.9% Approval. This makes a total of over 390% and effectively blocks others from becoming a delegate.
Shouldn't instead those 3.9% of all votes be divided equally amongst those delegates user approved, so that total # of votes for all approved delegates makes sum of 3.9%?

It is my understanding that the 3.9% stake gets divided over everyone you vote on. So if you have 10% stake, and you voted for 100 delegates then your 10% gets divided over 100, meaning 0.1%/delegate.

Well, that was my understanding too...

But just go and start up windows BTSX client and go to Directory -> Delegates and count down how many active delegates with over 3% of votes are there and sum them up.

Maybe it's just a display bug, I hope so...
Help me out:     wallet_approve_delegate mr.scroodge true

Offline mauritso

• View Profile
Are those init* delegates going to be gradually replaced by actual delegates from around the world?

Right now it's kind of hard to push your delegate up, when EACH (!!!) init* delegate has over 3% of total votes...

BTW: From my perspective it looks like if someone has, say, 3.9% of all shares, and creates 101 delegates all of which he approves, then each and every delegate gets 3.9% Approval. This makes a total of over 390% and effectively blocks others from becoming a delegate.
Shouldn't instead those 3.9% of all votes be divided equally amongst those delegates user approved, so that total # of votes for all approved delegates makes sum of 3.9%?

It is my understanding that the 3.9% stake gets divided over everyone you vote on. So if you have 10% stake, and you voted for 100 delegates then your 10% gets divided over 100, meaning 0.1%/delegate.
BTS: maurits

Offline happyshares

• View Profile

seems reasonable +5%

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
cheers mate! :)
will try to figure out how to vote hehe

in the console type

Code: [Select]

wallet_approve_delegate kpd-1

Offline voldemort628

• View Profile
So is it safe to import privkeys from pts wallet now?

on the side note, can someone send me some spare btsx to play around with first?
BTSX7MieQF3Heynd2X88SF7T5G8EmGGTCHhAZKsGPw5Ksie8q2z6N6
really appreciate !

cheers

Sent you 10 BTSX to get you started. Make sure to vote for kpd-1. I ran with very high reliability during the test run.

cheers mate! :)
will try to figure out how to vote hehe

Offline Riverhead

Very cool start. I like the default timeout on the wallet,  "1776" in seconds

Hah!  I missed that.  That's awesome.  +5%

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile

on the side note, can someone send me some spare btsx to play around with first?
really appreciate !

cheers

Sent you 10 BTSX to get you started. Make sure to vote for kpd-1. I ran with very high reliability during the test run.

Offline nikauforest

• View Profile
Very cool start. I like the default timeout on the wallet,  "1776" in seconds

Just in the last 4 hours I have seen the cost to register an asset go from 20,000 BTSX to 76,000 BTSX. Is this normal?

Great to see this launch btw.

Offline voldemort628

• View Profile

really appreciate !

cheers

Offline changematey

• View Profile
I got the BTSX installed but had to close it mid blockchain download to restart my computer. Once it was done and I tried to open BTSX again, I keep getting this:

restarts are not helping.

Edit: It also seems BTSX is not closing completely on closing it, I have to manually crash it by going to "processes"

It seems that the WebKit is acting up - try right click within the document and then "Reload"?
Nope doesn't work

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
I got the BTSX installed but had to close it mid blockchain download to restart my computer. Once it was done and I tried to open BTSX again, I keep getting this:

Edit: It also seems BTSX is not closing completely on closing it, I have to manually crash it by going to "processes"

It seems that the WebKit is acting up - try right click within the document and then "Reload"?

Offline changematey

• View Profile

« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 07:41:00 am by changematey »

Offline dxtr

• United We Stand, Dispersed We Are.
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 10:03:36 am by dxtr »
Help me out:     wallet_approve_delegate mr.scroodge true

Offline raleit2014

• View Profile
can some one please help,

windows version 2.0.exe
im getting this error
"there is no disk in the drive please insert disk
/device/hardisk2/dr2
please advise
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 05:03:38 am by raleit2014 »

Tuck Fheman

I've seen several post about transfers gone wrong, so I thought I'd mention the problems I experienced.

I tried registering several account names earlier that remained pending for hours (still show pending on the few I can see, it only list 20). Then I was able to register the same account names again (paying .1 BTCX again) and they registered the 2nd time. I'm not sure (but it appears so) that the .1 BTCX on the first tries were taken from the originating account and again on the 2nd try.