Author Topic: BTS X is Live  (Read 54168 times)

merockstar

can anyone direct me to the hong kong windows download?

Offline mauritso

• View Profile
Are those init* delegates going to be gradually replaced by actual delegates from around the world?

Right now it's kind of hard to push your delegate up, when EACH (!!!) init* delegate has over 3% of total votes...

And init* delegates create majority of active ones.

BTW: From my perspective it looks like if someone has, say, 3.9% of all shares, and creates 101 delegates all of which he approves, then each and every delegate gets 3.9% Approval. This makes a total of over 390% and effectively blocks others from becoming a delegate.
Shouldn't instead those 3.9% of all votes be divided equally amongst those delegates user approved, so that total # of votes for all approved delegates makes sum of 3.9%?

It is my understanding that the 3.9% stake gets divided over everyone you vote on. So if you have 10% stake, and you voted for 100 delegates then your 10% gets divided over 100, meaning 0.1%/delegate.

can bytemaster confirm that?

the system uses approval voting. your votes are not divided. if you vote for 100 delegates then each delegates gets 10% approval. as the network matures and more people claim their stake delegates will have to maintain approval much higher than the 3.9%

Alright, sorry for the confusion caused.
BTS: maurits

Offline voldemort628

• View Profile
its all good now , but whats happened?

lzr1900

found this 2 working nodes, thx
Code: [Select]
network_add_node "78.46.32.25:1776" add
network_add_node "70.114.143.108:1776" add
works.thanks

Offline CalabiYau

found this 2 working nodes, thx
network_add_node "78.46.32.25:1776" add
network_add_node "70.114.143.108:1776" add

Offline dxtr

• United We Stand, Dispersed We Are.
    • View Profile
Looks like this premature newborn wont live long.

Why was it officially launched if such errors occur after 24h of running?
And there is no market functionality on GUI, not even a mature GUI interface.

If we waited that long can't we wait a bit more, just to be sure it's a solid and fully functional thing?

Right now all we can get is to drive the price down, scare off people who expected to trade and yet, nothing to trade with.

IMHO: I'm not so sure about releasing this to wide public just yet.
Help me out:     wallet_approve_delegate mr.scroodge true

Offline CalabiYau

aand its gone...
"blockchain_head_block_num": 11980,
  "blockchain_head_block_age": "40 minutes old",
  "blockchain_head_block_timestamp": "20140720T133820",
  "blockchain_average_delegate_participation": 28.531073446327685,
  "blockchain_delegate_pay_rate": 125789,
  "blockchain_blocks_left_in_round": 39,
  "blockchain_confirmation_requirement": 1,
  "blockchain_accumulated_fees": "152,154.41988 BTSX",
  "blockchain_share_supply": 199984784539935,
  "blockchain_random_seed": "e353ec45b9dd474bef9049ed968904d86b12fabe",
  "blockchain_database_version": 115,
  "blockchain_version": 109,
  "network_num_connections": 0, <=================
  "network_num_connections_max": 40,
  "network_protocol_version": 104,
  "ntp_time": "20140720T141813",
  "ntp_error": -0.012800000000000001,
  "wallet_open": true,
  "wallet_unlocked": true,
  "wallet_unlocked_until": "58 days in the future",
  "wallet_unlocked_until_timestamp": "20140916T070852",

Offline raleit2014

• View Profile
I cannot get windows BitsharesX.exe 2.0 or 2.1 to run

im getting this error
"there is no disk in the drive please insert disk
/device/hardisk2/dr2"

what am i doing wrong?  Please help

clout

Are those init* delegates going to be gradually replaced by actual delegates from around the world?

Right now it's kind of hard to push your delegate up, when EACH (!!!) init* delegate has over 3% of total votes...

BTW: From my perspective it looks like if someone has, say, 3.9% of all shares, and creates 101 delegates all of which he approves, then each and every delegate gets 3.9% Approval. This makes a total of over 390% and effectively blocks others from becoming a delegate.
Shouldn't instead those 3.9% of all votes be divided equally amongst those delegates user approved, so that total # of votes for all approved delegates makes sum of 3.9%?

It is my understanding that the 3.9% stake gets divided over everyone you vote on. So if you have 10% stake, and you voted for 100 delegates then your 10% gets divided over 100, meaning 0.1%/delegate.

the system uses approval voting. your votes are not divided. if you vote for 100 delegates then each delegates gets 10% approval. as the network matures and more people claim their stake delegates will have to maintain approval much higher than the 3.9%

Offline voldemort628

• View Profile
another question is how do I create multiple wallets?
what i was doing was keeping the whole "Wallets" folder under appdata/roaming/BTS X, can the devs confirm that this is the right way to do it?

Offline graffenwalder

Same here last block was 40 minutes ago.

lzr1900

so the client is saying that there is severe network problem. and " no connection". is it just my client or every else is having the same issue?
same here!
stuck at 11403
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 01:52:46 pm by lzr1900 »

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline voldemort628

• View Profile
so the client is saying that there is severe network problem. and " no connection". is it just my client or every else is having the same issue?