Author Topic: THUNDERclap  (Read 7021 times)

Offline fuzzy

Hey Ginger,

Why don't you and CLains come on the Beyond Bitcoin Mumble and we can chat about this either during or after the next Dev Hangout?

I am interested in donating.  We might even be able to get a delegate or two running in the short term to provide the funding for stuff like this.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

Sounds good to me. If no one objects, I'm fine with using the community fund PTS to pay the 100$ thunderclap fee.

Still not 100% sure I get it though, is all they are doing sync our twitter, etc. posts to publish at the same time?

Yes - I believe that's how it works is it syncs all the twitter accounts that support the campaign and then sends out the tweet at the same time.  There's an impressive amount of potential social reach available through a campaign like this; it may not be the end all to tell the whole world about it, BUT it definitely wouldn't have any negative effects IMO.

I think the steps we need to take to bring this to fruition will be good for our community in any case. People will follow each other etc. and we'll get a more connected promotional front.

I agree completely.  I'll start by saying hi everyone! My twitter account is @BrianFalther

I can start putting together what needs to be filled out, etc. and then present to the community for review/edits (I'll edit original post and retain info there).  I'd like to get everything ready, but I wouldn't want to launch until all the wallet issues are settled, what do you guys think?

Ideally, it would be funneled through the official bitshares account, who's running that?! 

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Sounds good to me. If no one objects, I'm fine with using the community fund PTS to pay the 100$ thunderclap fee.

Still not 100% sure I get it though, is all they are doing sync our twitter, etc. posts to publish at the same time?

I think the steps we need to take to bring this to fruition will be good for our community in any case. People will follow each other etc. and we'll get a more connected promotional front.

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

Alright gang,

I had the chance to play around with the Thunderclap campaign platform.  Basically, how Thunderclap works is kind of like a kickstarter campaign, but for social media posts.  Once the campaign is successful; at a determined date - a mass "Thunderclap" will be sent through everyone's social media accounts (i.e. Twitter) and post for them at the same time.  The idea behind this is a coordinated effort for an organic, grass roots marketing approach.

The process works like this:
  • Create the campaign (description, video, logos, etc.)
  • Select the supporter goal (100, 250, or 500)
  • Select & Purchase the campaign
  • Recruit Supporters
  • Launch (after 100%+ supported by deadline date)
  • Reap the benefits of massive social reach ;)

Here's the options for support goal:

How many people in the BitShares community would back this with social media?

Campaign Options:

I would put my vote towards the "Storm" ($100) - as it's the most cost-effective campaign that also allows the embedding of videos

Comparison of different campaigns:

What do you guys think?

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

Sounds good. What would a plan like that look like? How much time, effort, cash? We got like 70 pts atm but we'll prolly get more money to play with the more awesome and detailed our plans are. I'll be home from vacation on monday.

I'll look into it and let you know.  Have a great rest of your vacation and I'll ping you back on Monday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

[Clains] - I propose now(ish) would be a great time to put some funds towards setting up a Thunderclap campaign for Twitter.

https://www.thunderclap.it/

Happy to help support this and spread the word however I can.

Everyone on Twitter - Retweet anything hashtagged #BitShares!!
...Think grass roots, *organic* marketing campaigns..
Fuznuts is utterly awesome at it, ask him about it: https://twitter.com/justinfondriest 
Hey Fuz - throw me a PTS addy, I'd like to toss a tip your way for recent work on marketing a' la Twitter & Beyond Bitcoin.

:D

Just trying to spread the word man.  This forum feels like home, but gotta leave the nest! :)

As far as the tip goes--give it to someone who doesn't have any and we'll help them set up their wallet at some point on the Mumble Server or Skype (or Join.me).  Giving to others makes tokens powerful. 

Giving them for no apparent reason?  Best, real, ethical marketing available.

I'm in.  I'd love to put 10 PTS towards helping get someone set up with a wallet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Sounds good. What would a plan like that look like? How much time, effort, cash? We got like 70 pts atm but we'll prolly get more money to play with the more awesome and detailed our plans are. I'll be home from vacation on monday.

Offline fuzzy

[Clains] - I propose now(ish) would be a great time to put some funds towards setting up a Thunderclap campaign for Twitter.

Fuznuts is utterly awesome at it, ask him about it: https://twitter.com/justinfondriest 
Hey Fuz - throw me a PTS addy, I'd like to toss a tip your way for recent work on marketing a' la Twitter & Beyond Bitcoin.

Just trying to spread the word man.  This forum feels like home, but gotta leave the nest! :)

As far as the tip goes--give it to someone who doesn't have any and we'll help them set up their wallet at some point on the Mumble Server or Skype (or Join.me).  Giving to others makes tokens powerful. 

Giving them for no apparent reason?  Best, real, ethical marketing available.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n