Author Topic: Time for coinmarketcap listing  (Read 12132 times)

Offline Simeon II

• View Profile
Not Updated.
50% to AGS donors, 50% to PTS holders. Both % from 2 billion.

Offline Brent.Allsop

• View Profile
    • Canonizer.com

Something doesn't seem to be adding up.  This donation page:

http://www1.agsexplorer.com/

says that 2 million btsx went to ags and pts donors.

Where did all the other of the 2 billion shares go?

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
So 10% of the shares went to ags and protoshare donators  right?  Who owns the other 90% of the shares, and when will they be moved into circulation?

100% went to AGS and protoshares (50% each) Now that BTC38 and bter are accepting deposits they are all in potential circulation.

(The initial problem was that until a few hours ago the only shares being traded were a portion of the BTSX allocated via protoshares that bter & BTC38 had specifically on their exchanges on 28/02. Now they are accepting deposits, hence the spike in volume you see.)

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
So 10% of the shares went to ags and protoshare donators  right?  Who owns the other 90% of the shares, and when will they be moved into circulation?

100% went to AGS/PTS

see:
http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Bitshares_X
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

Offline Brent.Allsop

• View Profile
    • Canonizer.com

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
It's still on there. #7 at the moment. Having it there does not bother me; the market will adjust and so will this listing. It's dirt cheap at the moment--worth a mint and tremendously undervalued. I will be buying more.

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile

However to my knowledge none of the exchanges are accepting deposits yet.

No the whole discussion is pointless. Go relist it.
It is trading with deposits/withdrawals  on BTC38 already.

Great.  (It's been listed for me the entire time, was never delisted.)

@ Brent now that BTSX is trading with deposits & withdrawals the current listing of 2 Billion units is correct imo. Nothing to change.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 02:50:53 am by Empirical1 »

Offline Simeon II

• View Profile

No the whole discussion is pointless. Go relist it.
It is trading with deposits/withdrawals  on BTC38 already.

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
About 10% or  ~200,000,000 BTSX =1.28*500*(52,349.50+258,761.354799) of the total of  2 Billion shares/coins are currently traded at the exchanges.

IMHO, updating to this number now would be even more confusing, than doing nothing.

The biggest BTSX holder of course is the AGS fund. I am only guessing about that!

So for those that want to know how many shares were initially seeded in the block chain, how many shares are available in circulation now, how many will be moved into circulation, when and why, and who owns the majority of these, where can we get this kind of information?

Brent

The owners are people who donated to BitShares-AGS prior to 28/02/2014 and people who were holding BitShares-PTS on 28/02/2014 at I forget what time.  50% was awarded to AGS & 50% to PTS. A few thousand BTC was raised in this process I'm not sure of the total. There were 2 Billion BTSX issued.

The wallet is available meaning all the owners can now access their BTSX.

The BTSX being traded on exchanges is BTSX that was awarded to people who held BitShares-PTS on those exchanges on the date & time of the snapshot on 28/02/2014
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 02:16:25 am by Empirical1 »

Offline Simeon II

• View Profile
About 10% or  ~200,000,000 BTSX =1.28*500*(52,349.50+258,761.354799) of the total of  2 Billion shares/coins are currently traded at the exchanges.

IMHO, updating to this number now would be even more confusing, than doing nothing.

The biggest BTSX holder of course is the AGS fund. I am only guessing about that!

So for those that want to know how many shares were initially seeded in the block chain,
2 Billion
how many shares are available in circulation now,
Almost the same. Exact# unknown due to a bug.
how many will be moved into circulation,
All 2 bil are in circulation
when and why,
N/A
and who owns the majority of these,
Who owns the majority of Bitcoin? i.e. I do not know

where can we get this kind of information?
What do you mean by this kind of information

Brent

[edit] try this http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Bitshares_X
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 01:59:01 am by Simeon II »

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
@ Clout - I massively respect you but in this situation I strongly disagree with nearly everything you've said. I also think you should have waited till one of the main devs confirmed it was OK to list as Coinmarketcap.com is a big move for other reasons as well. But I've said most of my piece on it already & it looks like it's staying up. No need for me to pursue this further. It is what it is now.     

Offline Brent.Allsop

• View Profile
    • Canonizer.com

So for those that want to know how many shares were initially seeded in the block chain, how many shares are available in circulation now, how many will be moved into circulation, when and why, and who owns the majority of these, where can we get this kind of information?

Brent

Offline bytemaster

Talking to the Nxt guys it is clearly that the bitshares codebase is substantially better than Nxt's.

Nice!

I would love to see more information about relative code quality and by what metrics they are comparing the code?
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Simeon II

• View Profile
Talking to the Nxt guys it is clearly that the bitshares codebase is substantially better than Nxt's.

Nice!

clout

You want it removed???

Sure, there will be bleating, ignorant noise, claiming/thinking it is a scam, but I think any news is good news, and the smart money (and ultimately the long term demonstrably experimental proof) is going to quickly see through and handsomely profit from the mistaken bleating.

Have I convinced everyone, or does anyone still think it should be removed?

Brent

BitShares X has incorrectly/mistakenly listed on Coinmarketcap stating a share supply of 2 Billion but the actual potential supply is probably closer to 10% of that.

It would make no sense to list the supply at 10%. The DAC has been launched and the shares are already issued. The problem with the supply is that it should be decreasing based on the burn rate

If it is not removed/corrected or at the very least, people are not made aware of the huge discrepancy on the http://bitshares-x.info/ & on the main forum then BitShares X rather than an honest mistake will now be choosing to  knowingly misinform potential investors for the period of time the information remains incorrect.

This is a market with only $20,000 in volume. Its not like a lot of ppl are going to trade BitShares X just because it magically appeared on the top 10. People don't just buy a coin because they see it listed on coinmarketcap. People use coinmarketcap to see what new coins are coming out and then investigate for themselves whether they should invest in it.

If people buying at these prices find the price drops when some of the other 90% of potential supply (That they are not aware of) hits the exchanges. Then those investors will not be bleating/making ignorant noise, they will be genuine victims imo.

How are they genuine victims if they are buying btsx at a lower price than what people paid for during the AGS funding?

There's an argument for doing more due diligence but even active members who haven't been around for 3 days struggle to keep up with what's going on - https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=5884.0 Our marketing has also been poor so the CoinmarketCap listing is the first many people will have seen of X.

Yes thats the point. As I mentioned before people don't just automatically jump into a coin because it is on coinmarketcap. Coinmarketcap is PR.

I seem to be the only one who takes these PR matters this seriously, so perhaps I am over-reacting.

The thing is that the price is going to spike from where it sits now when it hits other exchanges regardless of whether or not coinmarketcap list it. However, listing it now gives people a good reference point of what the price should be. To say that the price is going to go down and stay down is not realistic. I think that a lot of people who got pts early on will dump, but I think the demand primarily from day traders will be enough to offset those sell offs. I day trade cryptos and btsx makes arbitrage possible where it was not possible before. Now you can capitalize on the difference in prices over different exchanges because you can transfer in seconds as opposed to minutes. On the other hand, btsx is trading far below its main competitor Nxt. Talking to the Nxt guys it is clearly that the bitshares codebase is substantially better than Nxt's. On fundamentals the price should be far greater than it is now. The price in my opinion, although some such as Toast disagree, is reflective of the risk and uncertainty of pre trading shares and not reflective of a fair market price for btsx which should be valued higher than the current market suggest.

At the end of the day ppl may dump. But that is not a loss but rather a potential gain. Prices will not stay this low for long. If anyone gets in at these prices I think it would be wrong to call them a "victim."