Author Topic: 5 people control about 1/3 of the delegates.  (Read 14538 times)

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
Galt,

Yes. Do it soon. I paid 7 BTS yesterday to register, so the price may go up. :)

Okay, just not sure how to send it to my delegate account that isn't registered yet.

wallet_add_contact_account <account name> <public key>

When I tried to add that key you posted it threw an error though.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline GaltReport

Galt,

Okay, just not sure how to send it to my delegate account that isn't registered yet.

Ggozzo

Galt,

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Due to low voter turn out our stake is enough to be "king maker" until more people bring their stake on line.   The only qualification I am looking for right now is someone who has made a public attempt to engage the community and recrute votes.   If someone wants to be a delegate and cannot get the votes then contact me and you will be put in.

That said, if I vote for someone who doesn't perform then I remove my vote and select someone else.

I would love to just remove my stake and let others decide, but there is at least one actor out there with 1.5% of the stake whom I do not trust based upon their attempt to leverage the good names of people in the crypto-community to get votes.   

So if someone wants to help increase decentralization then I will vote them in.   None of the delegates that are in right now are there solely because they voted for themselves.  They are there mostly because I have bumped them with ~3% of the vote from the PTS Angel address.

Thanks for your trust we will make our best!

Consider voting for my delegates that are located in Greece  ;)

wallet_approve_delegate greece
wallet_approve_delegate athens

PS I think it is very importand to vote for delegates that are located in different places on the world
     So in worst case scenarios like in a world war situation it would be a quite difficult task (if not impossible) to shut BitSharesX off...

Offline GaltReport

how much does it cost?

would it really really help, or will this unique delegate problem hammer itself out in no time?

my campaign platform would be: "I don't really give a shit if you vote for me, I'm just trying to help."

right now, 17 BTSX to become a delegate. You don't need anything too fancy for the vps at the moment - $10-30/month?

There are ~1000 other delegates out there, so you have to weigh the possibility of being elected to the top 101 with the cost of being a delegate.

EDIT: Either way, it's probably also good to learn about the delegates out there and vote for the "good" ones. And educate others about the "good" ones.

It seems the instructions actually work!!  I'm a bit shocked that everything is working as instructed after a previous experience spending a week or 2 getting the Bitcoin to compile with all it's libraries etc....

seems I'm just missing BTSX to become a delegate now.  I got ubuntu working and wallet created etc...but can't register my delegate due to no BTSX.  I only have some on Bter and can't withdraw. 

Anyone know when we will be able to withdraw BTSX on Bter?

Hate to ask....but....Bytemaster can you register my delegate account with the native_pubkey that shows from wallet_account_list_public_keys ??

account: delegate-galt
public key: XTS76TAEgPBhGNfgkfNjPmzEu31a2kGqYUL2umUFZaSYWi1R57CiV

Do you need some still? I will send you some to register.

Yes I do.  I am good for it I promise.  :)
Sent

Thanks, got it at my windows account so I need to send it to my ubuntu delegate account that I want to register right?  Sorry, I'm a bit new at this.

Ggozzo

how much does it cost?

would it really really help, or will this unique delegate problem hammer itself out in no time?

my campaign platform would be: "I don't really give a shit if you vote for me, I'm just trying to help."

right now, 17 BTSX to become a delegate. You don't need anything too fancy for the vps at the moment - $10-30/month?

There are ~1000 other delegates out there, so you have to weigh the possibility of being elected to the top 101 with the cost of being a delegate.

EDIT: Either way, it's probably also good to learn about the delegates out there and vote for the "good" ones. And educate others about the "good" ones.

It seems the instructions actually work!!  I'm a bit shocked that everything is working as instructed after a previous experience spending a week or 2 getting the Bitcoin to compile with all it's libraries etc....

seems I'm just missing BTSX to become a delegate now.  I got ubuntu working and wallet created etc...but can't register my delegate due to no BTSX.  I only have some on Bter and can't withdraw. 

Hate to ask....but....Bytemaster can you register my delegate account with the native_pubkey that shows from wallet_account_list_public_keys ??

Sent it to your john-galt account. 17BTS

Offline GaltReport

how much does it cost?

Offline GaltReport

how much does it cost?

account: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Galt, I would gladly do that for you, but my funds are not accessible until tomorrow.   Note:   It is best not to reveal your public key and desired name publicly least someone attempt to take the name.

Okay, thanks for advice.  feel free to remove it from posts if you can.  I can change it if needed.

Ggozzo

how much does it cost?

Offline bytemaster

how much does it cost?

Galt, I would gladly do that for you, but my funds are not accessible until tomorrow.   Note:   It is best not to reveal your public key and desired name publicly least someone attempt to take the name.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

Due to low voter turn out our stake is enough to be "king maker" until more people bring their stake on line.   The only qualification I am looking for right now is someone who has made a public attempt to engage the community and recrute votes.   If someone wants to be a delegate and cannot get the votes then contact me and you will be put in.

That said, if I vote for someone who doesn't perform then I remove my vote and select someone else.

I would love to just remove my stake and let others decide, but there is at least one actor out there with 1.5% of the stake whom I do not trust based upon their attempt to leverage the good names of people in the crypto-community to get votes.   

So if someone wants to help increase decentralization then I will vote them in.   None of the delegates that are in right now are there solely because they voted for themselves.  They are there mostly because I have bumped them with ~3% of the vote from the PTS Angel address.   
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline GaltReport

how much does it cost?

account: xxxxxxxxx

« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 12:54:40 am by GaltReport »

Offline GaltReport

how much does it cost?

merockstar

how much does it cost?

so you're saying there are plenty of unique delegates out there, they just haven't been voted in yet?

Yes, it appears that a few people with lots of BTSX are voting in all of their aliases, so they keep all the fees for themselves (thus the title of the thread).

ahhh I understand now! I won't worry about it then.

that sucks.

EDIT: I got the impression that more candidates were needed from this quote:

We want 100 unique individuals, but obviously there are not 100 qualified candidates right now.  Show me a list with 101 unique individuals ready to operate nodes and I will vote for them all in a minute.

Right now the system is young and is already more decentralized that bitcoin & Ripple.

You are entirely too quick to judge.  Look at the DIRECTION it is moving and not where it is.  It started out 100% centralized... now you are complaining about 5 people with about 7% control each?   And then insinuate that we want centralization?  ::)

but I see now that the operative word is qualified

bowing out now.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 12:10:38 am by merockstar »

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
how much does it cost?

so you're saying there are plenty of unique delegates out there, they just haven't been voted in yet?

Yes, it appears that a few people with lots of BTSX are voting in all of their aliases, so they keep all the fees for themselves (thus the title of the thread).
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true