Author Topic: How do I import my AGS balance?  (Read 6720 times)

Offline Azuos

• View Profile
I am also having trouble importing my AGS donations.

The wallet is electrum.
I saved the private key to the desktop and entered its path in the newest Btsx client ( 0.3.0). I get a error "Error parsing WIF private key". Can anyone give me a hand or shed some light on this for me?

The problem I was having was that what I though was my private key was actually encrypted.  Check to make sure you don't have the same problem.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
Can we actually import our AGS balance into BTSX or just the associated DACshares?

It's just the associated shares. AGS is not liquid.

If you donated to AGS pre 2/28 you get some btsx at the rate of that day.

I am just simply trying to "claim" the btsx I am entitled to because of my ags donation.

I hope this answer's your question

Offline Bitshark

• View Profile
Can we actually import our AGS balance into BTSX or just the associated DACshares?

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
Check your transaction history.  It should see a transaction from the Genesis block.

Something like 014-07-25T01:39:43 0         GENESIS             riverhead           908.87602 BTSX          claim PpdzTk4N9iGYfy3xtHU....

Yup and I do have one from my pts From GENESIS    claim PsHakVyME6jJNfY8cNYSejB . Here is a link to the ags donation on the block explorer http://www1.agsexplorer.com/balances/1LbGS2DsMSVXme6iQtkwdekndQ1Vok7SQd?view=merged

and that addy is the in the transaction details in my electrum wallet.........but I  do not have any transactions from gensis for any amounts close to the 108k that shows on block explorer.

Offline Riverhead

Check your transaction history.  It should see a transaction from the Genesis block.

Something like 014-07-25T01:39:43 0         GENESIS             riverhead           908.87602 BTSX          claim PpdzTk4N9iGYfy3xtHU....

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
Ok now I am confused.

Nothing is showing up after successfully importing a wallet that I donated from pre feb 28.  Client says wallet import was a success, I then did the rescan block chain command and waited watching it complete the process. When nothing happened I shut the client down and restarted client but still no btsx. Any idea's what I am missing?

When I imported my pts it was nearly instant, from what I have read AGS should be the same or am I mistaken. I have the transaction saved on the ags block explorer. The address shown in the AGS block explorer is also the same addy I see in my electrum wallet under transaction details.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 11:11:46 pm by Gentso1 »

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
wallet_rescan_blockchain :)

Yup I saw it in this thread just a min ago but you were too quick, thank you

Offline Riverhead

wallet_rescan_blockchain :)

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile

The wallet is electrum.
I saved the private key to the desktop and entered its path in the newest Btsx client ( 0.3.0). I get a error "Error parsing WIF private key". Can anyone give me a hand or shed some light on this for me?

Never mind I think I got it, It said it imported successfully now I  think I just put in wallet_rescan_blockchain and I believe I am good......I think, lol
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 10:47:02 pm by Gentso1 »

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile

The wallet is electrum.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Also check if your donations were on or before February 28, 2014

Donation after that date might have given you some lottoshares and will give you shares in other DACs (someday), but no BTSX for them.

PS
For lottoshares check here: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?board=59.0
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

merockstar

i used armory

till now it was not possible to import the wallet.dat. did it someone?

I wanna help but i've never used armory and i have no idea how it works :(

merockstar

I went to the PTS wallet I donated from, I only have one public key assigned to the wallet. I got the private key from that public key that I donated with  and imported the key into my bitshare X wallet. Gave me confirmation that all was success, but I received no new bitshares.

A couple of other questions. My bitshare X wallet is now taking up 16GB of space now is that normal? Which files do I want to back up to keep my wallet safe(I don't see a wallet.dat file, like in PTS)?

Only one??? This in the GUI or by 'listaddressgroupings'?
Also do you mind posting said address?

yea, go to help menu > debug > console> then type in listaddressgroupings. it will look like this:

http://i.imgur.com/boYYrqr.png

each of the addresses that get listed are potential addresses that you could have actually donated from (even though they aren't listed in the gui) due a phenomenon in bitcoin-qt clients called change addresses.

so what you'll wanna do is unlocked your wallet, dumpprivkey on each of those addresses, and import each private key into btsx.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
I went to the PTS wallet I donated from, I only have one public key assigned to the wallet. I got the private key from that public key that I donated with  and imported the key into my bitshare X wallet. Gave me confirmation that all was success, but I received no new bitshares.

A couple of other questions. My bitshare X wallet is now taking up 16GB of space now is that normal? Which files do I want to back up to keep my wallet safe(I don't see a wallet.dat file, like in PTS)?

Only one??? This in the GUI or by 'listaddressgroupings'?
Also do you mind posting said address?
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline umgbob

• View Profile