Author Topic: Engage Alternative Crypto Currency Board at bitcointalk?  (Read 7730 times)

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
Yeah I really think this is a great idea.

I was a bit frustrated with marketing earlier today, given BTSX  trading so much below donating price,  but everything you want for marketing is actually there. I think Brian & others have done a great job. BitShares-X.info is looking ice cool. Great videos, Good Youtube & Facebook. Hugely popular forum. BitShares.org and DACsunlimited also good.

This is the only thing we missed, which is what everyone else does, is making the effort to create that presence on BTT. (& perhaps Reddit too.) So making the effort to specifically divert traffic there is important.

What do people think about doing a '(BTSX) BitShares X - Official Thread' as the main one started by one of the devs? (That seems to be the kind of format guys like NXT for example use.)

What other threads should there be?

Also do people think we should be on alternate cryptocurrencies  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=67.0 or Alternate Cryptocurrencies sub section announcements https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=159.0

To me it makes sense to be on the first, but the announcement one does seem to move at a mile a minute, so much traffic there.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 11:53:40 pm by Empirical1 »

Offline fuzzy

+5% .. gonna participate
+5%

i'll play as long as it is not a crazy attempt to zerg and overtake the BTTalk forums...but instead to keep a sustained topic rolling.  There are many possibilities...let us be open to all of them. 
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 09:13:10 pm by fuznuts »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline fuzzy

adamblevine...please unblock me so I can send you a kind word of advice. 

I have not blocked you over your past indescretions and would hope you not take things so personally as to cut off private avenues of idea exchange--this is about something far bigger than little disagreements between people trying to help. 

With that said,

Since I cannot send this to you privately, I am forced to post it here:

lol this is a terrible idea, any time you try to onboard people by "taking over" something that is theirs and not yours is probably not going to net you the result you want.

Also, it looks REALLY bad that you are the one suggesting this bad idea.

Seriously.

Isn't this something that could have been sent directly to bm in a pm?  when you do this, you risk causing chaos (like it or not)...as should be apparent from the past.  If that is what you are trying to do, then by all means do it.  Otherwise, probably best to keep it professional and courteous.  Even better to offer real alternatives as opposed to what could be perceived by many in the community as unneeded and unproductive bashing.

we could very easily put down projects you are working on based on perceived unfairness/flaws in execution...but we don't and certainly do not do so publicly.  Please consider these words as I am really trying to offer advice to help heal things.

*Really wish this could have been sent via pm*

« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 09:19:32 pm by fuznuts »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

merockstar

lol this is a terrible idea, any time you try to onboard people by "taking over" something that is theirs and not yours is probably not going to net you the result you want.

Seriously.

?

adam please chill out...now is not the time for negativity.

I think he has a fair point, he's just being blunt about it. The original suggestion was to move all our discussion over there.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile

Seriously.

Poor choice of words perhaps.  Would you agree that our marketing presence on forums has been weak and making the effort to have a bigger presence on BTT through a few main threads would be positive though? (In the alternative cryptocurrency section obviously; we wouldn't be trying to discuss BitShares in any Bitcoin sections.)

Offline bytemaster

I think there's a fine between trying to bring some of the discussion over there, and outright spamming them with our propaganda.

I approve of the first idea, which is what I think bytemaster is aiming at, and disapprove of the second.

It's a credit that this community is big enough to sustain discussion on it's own, but it also isolates us from the rest of the world.

I mean the "Alternative Cryptocurrency" sub-forums exists. We should use it.

EDIT: rereading the OP, I take that back. I think it would be a better idea only to move a few of the important discussions over there.

I think we could boil it down to one or two threads... all help / tech support questions should be fielded over there.  Idea is to have a justified bump on a regular basis that keeps us at the top.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

merockstar

I think there's a fine between trying to bring some of the discussion over there, and outright spamming them with our propaganda.

I approve of the first idea, which is what I think bytemaster is aiming at, and disapprove of the second.

It's a credit that this community is big enough to sustain discussion on it's own, but it also isolates us from the rest of the world.

I mean the "Alternative Cryptocurrency" sub-forums exists. We should use it.

EDIT: rereading the OP, I take that back. I think it would be a better idea only to move a few of the important discussions over there.

Offline onceuponatime

Seriously.

Yes, "taking over" was a poor/controversial phrase. But just forget that slip and think of it as getting our message out in the appropriate place/thread on another forum.

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!

Seriously.
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

merockstar

Note:  I think we should do it after the next bug fix release of the wallet.

and linux binaries? pretty pretty plz?

Yes, that would be nice.

ubuntu ppas are possible. I'm SUPER busy for a few days but can look into it (or can help those that want to do it).

i would be so thankful.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
I am in,  but why not  making buzz on both forums in parallel mode?
After all we can not press a button and shut of this forum...  newcomers will post here, we can't ignore them... and forum stats getting better and better...  ;)

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
Note:  I think we should do it after the next bug fix release of the wallet.

and linux binaries? pretty pretty plz?

Yes, that would be nice.

ubuntu ppas are possible. I'm SUPER busy for a few days but can look into it (or can help those that want to do it).
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

bitbro

I'm in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk