Author Topic: Canon Coins? Bitshares CC?  (Read 1904 times)

Offline fuzzy

That is the Goal, yes.

If I didn't have to work a day job to pay the bills, things could move much faster.

Also, multiple people are helping.  For every hour anyone spends moving Canonizer.com forward, including helping us get this Canon Coin DAC up and running, earns a canon coin.  The coins earned to date will be what seeds the initial allocation of coins.

Any question just e-mail me, first name dot last name at canonizer.com.

Brent Allsop

is there a way delegates could send a % of tx fees to fund the construction of this DAC?
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
I've seen BitShares propose a 10/10/80 model. Where 20% is awarded to AGS & PTS and the remaining 80% is distributed via delegates using a ten year equity release plan. I'm all for that (well I'd prefer 20/20/60). Provided whatever the equity release plan is, is clearly defined and pretty hard-coded somehow into the system. It should let us be extremely flexible to responding to the needs of the DAC.

So unlike you I would like the " inflation rate, or the amount of currency that is put into production at any point in time " to be hard coded. They can always fork if they don't like it, but a 'future inflation/production un-defined/uncertain blockchain' would immediately have less value I believe anyway.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 01:53:47 am by Empirical1 »

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
Most current Crypto Currencies are very difficult, if not impossible to change, especially if their inflation rate, or the amount of the currency that is put into production at any point in time is hard coded. We consider all such as dumb currencies. The smartest coins are coins that are most able to rapidly and decisively act with significant improvements and well timed changes in the market place. We believe the smartest coins will, in the long run, vastly out compete all dumb coins. We predict that people supporting dumb coins will do so, till the market proves to them the superiority of smart coins, and after they have lost significant capital betting on losing flash in the pan dumb coins.

Interesting project.

Most current Crypto Currencies are very difficult, if not impossible to change, especially if their inflation rate, or the amount of the currency that is put into production at any point in time is hard coded. We consider all such as dumb currencies.

I take the opposite view, I think dumb coins will vastly out compete smart coins.

If you want to win the coin race as well as benefit humanity you will do best to give them a currency with pretty hard coded initial rules and no or low, unchangeable inflation. (Alternatives will result in coin holders damaging themselves through greed and short termism as well as the financially uneducated succumbing to supporting strategies promoted by a small smarter minority usually using instant gratification as the hook.)

This is why gold has maintained a stable value for thousands of years - because we can't mess with the initial rules (regarding it's inflation and production) too much.

Fiat money on the other hand I would say is the example of 'smart money'  -  coins where there is no hard-coded limit/backing and no guarantee/confidence they will maintain 'X' limit in the future with regard to inflation/production.  No pure fiat currency has lasted more than 50 years & in their collapse 'smart coins' have left the bottom 90% of their users much worse off. I suspect applied to crypto we will see the same events unfold, just on an accelerated time-scale.

Offline Brent.Allsop

• View Profile
    • Canonizer.com

That is the Goal, yes.

If I didn't have to work a day job to pay the bills, things could move much faster.

Also, multiple people are helping.  For every hour anyone spends moving Canonizer.com forward, including helping us get this Canon Coin DAC up and running, earns a canon coin.  The coins earned to date will be what seeds the initial allocation of coins.

Any question just e-mail me, first name dot last name at canonizer.com.

Brent Allsop

Offline bytemaster

Brent Alsop has been around this forum for a while and has been involved since December with his Canonizer Project.   Looks like he is taking it someplace now that we have code out there.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline metalallen

• View Profile
Canon Coin (Bitshare CC)

Canonizer.com is a leaderless amplification of the wisdom of the crowd open survey meritocracy system. It’s goal is to build and measure for consensus, and for what people want, concisely, quantitatively, and how this changes in real time. Once what people want is known, concisely and quantitatively, the goal will be to get as much of all of it as efficiently and soon as possible. Many hands make light work, so once a desire has sufficient support, it should just come to pass, one way or another.
Most current Crypto Currencies are very difficult, if not impossible to change, especially if their inflation rate, or the amount of the currency that is put into production at any point in time is hard coded. We consider all such as dumb currencies. The smartest coins are coins that are most able to rapidly and decisively act with significant improvements and well timed changes in the market place. We believe the smartest coins will, in the long run, vastly out compete all dumb coins. We predict that people supporting dumb coins will do so, till the market proves to them the superiority of smart coins, and after they have lost significant capital betting on losing flash in the pan dumb coins.
We propose getting a simple minimum viable Canon Coin out as soon as possible. This would effectively be Canonizer.com going cryptographically public. Any revenues collected for Canonizer.com products or services, in Canon Coin, by Canonizer.com, over and above the nearly zero open source expenses, could be paid out to Canon Coin holders as dividends.
Once the simple Canon Coins are trading, with a minim ability to change, there will be a continues leaderless canonization process to determine and prioritize, according to the wisdom of the holders of Canon Coins all subsequent improvements. This includes implementing abilities to do such things as quickly modify the amount (zero or positive or negative) of currency going into production, as specified at Canonizer.com. People will be able to earn any new coins, if any, by doing work, as determined through a Canonization process, for the benefit of the holders of Canon Coin.
Canonizer.com is being developed with an open source model. Currently anyone can contribute. Contributions are recognized and tracked as “Canonizer Recognition Shares” as documented in the spreadsheet available here. We propose the following allocations for the genesis block of Canon Coin.
10% of BitSahare? CCs will be allocated to holders of BitShare? PTSs.
10% of BitShare? CCs will be allocated to holders of BitShare? AGSs.
80% of the remaining shares will be allocated to all holders of Canonizer.com recognition shares, as recorded in the spreadsheet linked to in this survey topic.
The current state of this camp is just what the current supporters currently think is best. So if anyone has any improvements ideas, all are welcome. If any diversity of opinion shows up, this can be pushed to lower level supporting sub camps, to be valued, tracked, and rigorously measured for amplified wisdom of the crowd expert consensus. This leaderless meritocracy process will determine the specs in this camp, what Canonizer.com, and Canon Coin will become and do.
For more information, see the Canon Coin camp ranking Canon Coin amongst competing crypto currencies.

http://canonizer.com/topic.asp/164/3

Is this a Bitshares DAC? Any information from I3?
浮壹白的微博:http://weibo.com/u/2279693077
BTSX Account:metalallen