Author Topic: Locally generated account collision with remote registered account  (Read 1156 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
seems like a bug ... please create an issue at github for that

Offline arubi

• View Profile
Hey all,

I created a few accounts for my friends in the Bitshares X software to be used locally (I didn't register the accounts).
I also have BTSX belonging to my friends on each of these accounts, and now I want to send it to them.
One of my friends created and also registered an account of his own and it seems like we've used the exact same name for that account.

1. I tried renaming the local (unregistered) account under his name in my wallet, and got the "Cannot rename a registered account" error :

Code: [Select]
>> wallet_account_rename <friend> <friend>.local 10 assert_exception: Assert Exception !registered_account: You cannot rename a registered account {} bitshares  wallet.cpp:1520 rename_account {"old_account_name":"<friend>","new_account_name":"<friend>.local"} bitshares  wallet.cpp:1550 rename_account {} bitshares  common_api_client.cpp:1155 wallet_account_rename {"command":"wallet_account_rename"}
    bitshares  cli.cpp:540 execute_command
<friend> is just a placeholder for the account name.

2. It seems like I'm now able to access the "Assets" menu under his account, although it's still in unregistered state, unlike other unregistered accounts where only the error "You must be a registered account to create and issue assets. Please register your account first." appears.

Any thoughts on what should I do?
Thanks.