Author Topic: MineBitShares.com - A virtual mining multi-pool for BitShares  (Read 55156 times)

Offline joele

• View Profile
Is mining for minebitshares going to be worth doing with just a PC, if I had no specialized mining hardware?

If so, is there a tutorial for how to get started?  Assume I have never mined any crypto currency before, by the time I got into crypto you needed an ASIC to effectively mine, and that option mathed out as inferior to just buying BTC/other cryptos.

Mining is no longer profitable unless you have existing mining hardware and free electricity.

http://www.bitcoinmining.com/getting-started/

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Is mining for minebitshares going to be worth doing with just a PC, if I had no specialized mining hardware?

If so, is there a tutorial for how to get started?  Assume I have never mined any crypto currency before, by the time I got into crypto you needed an ASIC to effectively mine, and that option mathed out as inferior to just buying BTC/other cryptos.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline pgbit

• View Profile
BitGold has large spread, it will be a problem to pool operator to buy bitGold, also bitUSD has higher yield compare to bitGold.
Its getting tighter. If the required support for bitUSD is achieved, please add bitGold as a mineable option asap. I think it would have added appeal.

Offline teenagecheese

• View Profile
Awesome. Do it. bitUSD. Bytemaster is right here, one currency, tight peg. USD is standard world currency, it is what should be used.

Offline nethyb

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nethyb
Confirming the pool update set for this weekend will be paying out in BitUSD only.

Offline joele

• View Profile
BitGold has large spread, it will be a problem to pool operator to buy bitGold, also bitUSD has higher yield compare to bitGold.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Keep it Simple... Lets not complicate the pool.  Once you have BitUSD you can buy anything you want with it including BTS.

Separate out concerns of mining vs investing.  Mining is working to earn a paycheck.   You use your paycheck to invest.

Focus everything on BitUSD.   Imagine how tight the peg will be if our mining pool is buying BitUSD constantly.

Why BitUSD? What if they don't like the USD or the USA in general? I don't see why BitUSD is better than BitGLD.

Also if they don't want to hold BitUSD and prefer to hold anything else why not let them have as many options as possible? I don't understand your logic here.

My opinion is that automated investing is a feature. I don't see any costs for us as BTS holders if people automatically invest in any of the BitAssets.

+5% for bitGOLD

PS don't forget BM is from USA ... no chance to be objective  :)

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Keep it Simple... Lets not complicate the pool.  Once you have BitUSD you can buy anything you want with it including BTS.

Separate out concerns of mining vs investing.  Mining is working to earn a paycheck.   You use your paycheck to invest.

Focus everything on BitUSD.   Imagine how tight the peg will be if our mining pool is buying BitUSD constantly.

Why BitUSD? What if they don't like the USD or the USA in general? I don't see why BitUSD is better than BitGLD.

Also if they don't want to hold BitUSD and prefer to hold anything else why not let them have as many options as possible? I don't understand your logic here.

My opinion is that automated investing is a feature. I don't see any costs for us as BTS holders if people automatically invest in any of the BitAssets.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 12:22:25 am by luckybit »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline oldman

• View Profile

+5%

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7

+5%

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Mining bitGOLD would be great too, mining gold with a computer!  Could that be an option?

The advertisement should say "Mine anything with your PC".  It should seek to eventually cover all BitAssets.

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
If the BTS price starts to shoot up, people are going to want to mine BTS directly. This will still be an option, right?

Yes, some miners would prefer bts payout over bitUSD.  It should be a choice available to them.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
I have been comparing my old pool simplemulti.com with http://pool.minebitshares.com using 30MH

Minebitshares is a little more profitable as it stands.

0.0059289 BTC (simplemulti)

0.0060 BTC (minebitshares)

about 1.33963 BitUSD a day for 30MH

Mining BitGOLD or BitSILVER would be great for marketing 8)

30MH is about 0.03265865064 grams of BitGOLD a day

or 2.43569090909 grams of BitSILVER a day

simplemulti is not known for good profitability.  In fact, it is not a well known multipool. 
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
If the BTS price starts to shoot up, people are going to want to mine BTS directly. This will still be an option, right?