Author Topic: MineBitShares.com - A virtual mining multi-pool for BitShares  (Read 54611 times)

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
MineBitShares.com - A virtual mining multi-pool for BitSharesX
Making the unminable, mineable! - Coming Soon

I'm initiating a delegate campaign to support MineBitShares.com.

MineBitShares.com is a mining pool which will direct the miners hashing power to mine the most profitable traditional POW based crypto currencies that is automatically exchanged for BTSX and paid daily to miners.

It’s likely the pool will help attract and retain new members of the crypto community to BitShares, and by automatically selling other crypto currencies to buy BitSharesX, it’ should also have a positive effect on the price.

Am I the only one who doesn't get the appeal of this? You are essentially acting like a middleman in the exchange between the POW tokens and BTSX. Is this just for people who don't want to bother with the "trouble" of trading their POW tokens (mined from an already well established mining pool) for BTSX on an regular exchange? Besides, if a POW miner actually believes in BTSX enough (or even just DPOS) to want to earn BTSX instead of the POW tokens, I would think their smartest move would be to sell their ASICs while they still can.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I'm very interested in pointing an asic at this when it arrives, keep up the good work! :)
from the electro engineering perspective this sounds wired :)

Offline cryptillionaire

• View Profile
I'm very interested in pointing an asic at this when it arrives, keep up the good work! :)

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
any updates? I have a GPU thats dying to mine for this :D

Have patience. If we get this right it's going to change the whole mining industry.

If you have any ideas on how you think virtual mining can be improved, made more flexible, or more useful to miners please share your ideas in this thread.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

iHashFury

Will there be a merge mine alt coins option?

A2 scrypt miner waiting to mine!

Offline nodata

• View Profile
any updates? I have a GPU thats dying to mine for this :D

Offline minerswing

• View Profile
Hello

When the beta was opérational ?
Possibility of changing the difficulty of worker ? for différent asics scrypt..

thanks a lot , need need need mining BTSX  +5%

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
The first thing you can do is approve all of the MineBiteshares.com delegates.
And the second?
Participate in the beta test and then share your ideas on how we can make MineBiteshares the best virtual mining pool.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline funex

• View Profile
And the second?

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
How do we support this and invest?
I'm still baffled with so much information to absorb.

Approve www.minebitshares-com
Approve www2.minebitshares-com

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline minerswing

• View Profile

Offline funex

• View Profile
How do we support this and invest?
I'm still baffled with so much information to absorb.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
UPDATE:

As the market goes wild for BitSharesX I’m feeling the pressure to enable miners to take advantage of cheap ’BTSX’ before the whole world is talking about it  :)

I’m now prioritising on making the ‘core’ multi-pool functionality available as soon as possible i.e. Simply pointing your rigs at the X11 and Scrypt stratums and getting regular payouts in BTSX.

I’ll then focus on visual and usability improvements on the pool website design, reporting and statistics that will deliver a more polished look to help with attracting a new BitShares audience.

Progress over the past few weeks:
  • Implemented and tested X11 and Scrypt Multi-Pool mining with auto profit switching to most profitable coins
  • Load tested with 500MH of scrypt and 4000MH of X11 hashing mining power
  • Significant DDOS Filtering & Protection (It’s a given the pool will be targeted for DDOS)
  • Implemented and tested auto exchanging of mined coins
  • Implemented being able to simply provided a BTSX address instead of needing to create/register an account to mine
  • Basic mining statistics are functional

Most of the recent effort has been in modifying the standard pool code to support and integrate the bitsharesx client to support auto-payouts of BTSX and there is still significant effort required to complete this and have it fully tested.

But as soon I’m comfortable that BTSX payments and reporting are robust, I’ll open the pool up for beta testing, probably a couple of weeks still.

Thanks to those that have voted for the minebitshares-com delegates - we’ve made it to the top 101 (thanks to BM really) and have been reliably producing blocks but we’re close top the bottom in terms of votes and could get knocked out at any time - if you have’t done so, please vote for the delegates to show your support.

+5% +5% +5%

Great news and excellent timing. In fact the timing couldn't be better!

I look forward to the beta test.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 03:31:57 pm by luckybit »

Offline minerswing

• View Profile
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 02:54:23 pm by minerswing »