Author Topic: weak returns on this one it seems.  (Read 7139 times)

Offline stanno

• View Profile
update: glad Im hodling strong. :)

I don't really know what you were complaining about in the first place.  LottoShares was a complete surprise.

yeah it was!!  i sent my PTS  to an exchange to sell, at block 65970.  Yep, that's 11 blocks befroe the snapshot for LottoShares was taken.  Snapshot for LottoShares was taken at block 65959.  I had to double check everything, since the date for LTS snapshot was 5/31 and that's the same date i sent the PTS from my wallet. 

complete dumb luck on my part, considering i just found out about the LTS snapshot about 2 days ago.

as for return on investment, the big return so far has been BTSX.  from nearly 6 PTS, i got 3624 BTSX, with a current value of .21 BTC.   that's more than i paid for my PTS, plus i got BTC back when i sold them.  win win

i ended up losing some BTC on the PTS tx's, but more than made up for it with the BTSX distribution. 

when i got my BTSX, i sold half, and put that BTC back into PTS, so i would be ready for the snapshot on Aug 21.  This time i'll just hold the PTS.  don't want to mess around and end up losing out on any surprise DAC releases.

merockstar

wow i planned on buying some but ended up not doing so. Congrats!

you have some if you held ags/pts on it's snapshot date

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
wow i planned on buying some but ended up not doing so. Congrats!
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

merockstar

I don't really know what you were complaining about in the first place.  LottoShares was a complete surprise.

wasn't complaining. just being observant.

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile

Offline GaltReport

You can buy and sell lts but your allocations from ags and pts won't mature until later.

This I think has been an issue.  I got allocations from PTS but can't use any of them so I don't really do anything with it. :(

I can understand the reasoning but I think some of them won't be available for over a year....kinda takes the fun out of it.

merockstar

Offline Riverhead

You can buy and sell lts but your allocations from ags and pts won't mature until later.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
ah but you can. https://bter.com/trade/lts_btc

wow great -- didn't notice this before
also didn't know this.....
 bter I  :-* U

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

wow great -- didn't notice this before
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

merockstar

technically you have not made anything, as you cannot sell yet?

bter seems to like this community.

and when you can sell the value from AGS will likely have come from BitShares Lotto, DNS, Vote, and Music.

things will take some time now as exchanges get used to DPOS, we fix the wallet and interface and properly manage the incentives for people to vote in a manner that is productive to the BitShares ecology. once that is done I believe it is essential to show the power of Delegates paid with inflation..

I agree. that's why I'm not complaining. I was just surprised to see only a 1/10th return is all.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
technically you have not made anything, as you cannot sell yet? and when you can sell the value from AGS will likely have come from BitShares Lotto, DNS, Vote, and Music.

things will take some time now as exchanges get used to DPOS, we fix the wallet and interface and properly manage the incentives for people to vote in a manner that is productive to the BitShares ecology. once that is done I believe it is essential to show the power of Delegates paid with inflation..

merockstar

not complaining, just curious how it turned out for others. I just did my math.

I had donated ~93$ (used both currencies so I converted to fiat for easier math) to AGS before the end of may.

when I added up how many lottoshares I'm getting, it worked out to about 9 dollars worth, based on current LTS price

for a running profit of -84 dollars on my AGS so far (i didn't get in before feb 28th, so this is the only return I've made so far)

like I said, I'm not complaining, I plan to hold and hopefully the price will go up/the DAC will return dividends.

how'd everybody else make out?

have donated a lot more since may, so looking forward to see how I make out on future DACs as well.