Author Topic: [RESOLVED] Can't get my account registered!!!  (Read 2069 times)

Offline pariah99

• I'm so meta even this acronym.
    • View Profile
Okay that makes a lot more sense.  Thanks for the quick replies guys!

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Resolved, kind of...

I was able to successfully register when I switched the name from XXX.YYYY to XXXYYYY (without the dot).  Are periods not supposed to be valid characters for name registration?  The current tooltip seems to suggest that periods are valid:

"Only lowercase alphanumeric characters, dots, and dashes.  Must start with a letter and cannot end with a dash."

The dot is reserved for sub-account names where xxx.yyy.zzz is a sub account of yyy.zzz which is a sub account of zzz.  But you need to create zzz before you can make yyy.zzz which must exist before you can make xxx.yyy.zzz.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline pariah99

• View Profile
Resolved, kind of...

I was able to successfully register when I switched the name from XXX.YYYY to XXXYYYY (without the dot).  Are periods not supposed to be valid characters for name registration?  The current tooltip seems to suggest that periods are valid:

"Only lowercase alphanumeric characters, dots, and dashes.  Must start with a letter and cannot end with a dash."

Offline bytemaster

How did you resolve this?  I get the same error and still can't register my account.  Is punctuation not allowed for account names (i.e. periods without spaces)?

Edit: For the record, I checked with blockchain_get_account and it does not appear to exist yet

Only lowercase a-z0-9 and '-' and it may not start with 0-9 or '-' and may not end in '-'
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline pariah99

• View Profile
How did you resolve this?  I get the same error and still can't register my account.  Is punctuation not allowed for account names (i.e. periods without spaces)?

Edit: For the record, I checked with blockchain_get_account and it does not appear to exist yet
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 08:00:02 pm by pariah99 »

Offline leon

• View Profile
It's all good now.
Thanks for your help! :) :) :)

Offline svk

Did you get this working? You can verify if an account already exists with "blockchain_get_account nameofaccount"
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline leon

• View Profile
Thanks for your reply :) :)
I'm doing it right without using spaces or capital letters,i've tried to rename the account and register with a new name ,but still getting an error "RPC Server Error: In method 'wallet_rename_account': Assert Exception (10)"

Offline svk

Hello!  You might be trying to register a name that already exists on the blockchain, or an incorrect name containing spaces or capital letters.

The command line interface error message is a bit more specific, the GUI wallet errors are not very helpful I'm afraid.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline leon

• View Profile
Hi everyone,
I'm getting an error when trying to register my account.
"RPC Server Error: In method 'wallet_account_register': Assert Exception (10)"
If anyone could help with the question ,I would be  very grateful!
Cheers to bitshares community!!!!
 :) :) :) :)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 05:16:23 pm by bytemaster »