Author Topic: Back to observer, not a poster  (Read 5479 times)

Offline fuzzy

Maybe if I3 burns their holding of BitsharesX that they got from the donated funds BitsharesX would be worth at $20 million.

Anyone else agree that they should burn their BTSX?

Why don't you burn yours?

Those funds are our marketing budget and will pay to keep things going... if we burned it we would have no stake in the system and should go create a new DAC where people appreciate what we do.

Also if we burned our stake the network would be totally insecure right now.

Long term thinking...  +5%
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
I logged in to post.
And I will promise you to do so in the future!  ONLY if/when need arises, though!

1st I do appreciate the support you show above, bit it is totally, unnecessary! Again, highly appreciated and totally unnecessary.
2nd  BM did post a pretty important thread/post today. Unfortunately it was turned in completely deferent direction due to a post by of one of the ‘blue balloons full of themselves’ personalities here.

3rd My post is mainly regarding said topic in 2 – I know BM is as smart, as he is hard headed. (A86 is the only one, I know of, able to deliver his ideas to BM real fast). As I do not have this ability I will just say what needs to be done… and I do not know…. in a week or a month, BM will wake up and will be sure his sleep gave him that vision. And that's is all I am hoping to achieve with this post.

Caps on price movement are necessary weather delegates provide feeds or not!
Caps as in – ‘per block’, ‘per hour’, ‘per day’- restrictions on price movement. Hitting such caps should result in not trades being made above those cups (meaning halting trade for period of time up to a day)

S II

I agree and have already implemented that feature.   I maintain a 24 hour moving average and don't allow any trades to execute at more than 50% above or 33% below those prices.   

I really hope I am not *that* hard headed :)    Agent86 is also smart and hard-headed.  It makes for good discussion and I am grateful for all of the smart and hard-headed people out there. 

It is really amazing the difference in the quality of discourse going on in these forums compared to some of the others I have visited.

I think we can allow in some scene.
If " more than 50% above or 33% below those prices" Then the translation is pending on some days, and tissue dueling competition, focus on the battle against. The game must be end in one minute.

+5% +5% +5%

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
I logged in to post.
And I will promise you to do so in the future!  ONLY if/when need arises, though!

1st I do appreciate the support you show above, bit it is totally, unnecessary! Again, highly appreciated and totally unnecessary.
2nd  BM did post a pretty important thread/post today. Unfortunately it was turned in completely deferent direction due to a post by of one of the ‘blue balloons full of themselves’ personalities here.

3rd My post is mainly regarding said topic in 2 – I know BM is as smart, as he is hard headed. (A86 is the only one, I know of, able to deliver his ideas to BM real fast). As I do not have this ability I will just say what needs to be done… and I do not know…. in a week or a month, BM will wake up and will be sure his sleep gave him that vision. And that's is all I am hoping to achieve with this post.

Caps as in – ‘per block’, ‘per hour’, ‘per day’- restrictions on price movement. Hitting such caps should result in not trades being made above those cups (meaning halting trade for period of time up to a day)

S II

I agree and have already implemented that feature.   I maintain a 24 hour moving average and don't allow any trades to execute at more than 50% above or 33% below those prices.   

I really hope I am not *that* hard headed :)    Agent86 is also smart and hard-headed.  It makes for good discussion and I am grateful for all of the smart and hard-headed people out there. 

It is really amazing the difference in the quality of discourse going on in these forums compared to some of the others I have visited.

I think we can allow in some scene.
If " more than 50% above or 33% below those prices" Then the translation is pending on some days, and tissue dueling competition, focus on the battle against. The game must be end in one minute.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 04:53:19 am by ebit »
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter

Offline jae208

• View Profile

Maybe if I3 burns their holding of BitsharesX that they got from the donated funds BitsharesX would be worth at $20 million.

Those funds are our marketing budget and will pay to keep things going... if we burned it we would have no stake in the system and should go create a new DAC where people appreciate what we do.

I'm not interested in giving everyone something for nothing. I haven't sold any of my BTS either. I'll wait about a year and then decide whether to sell out or stay.

For marketing? You guys didn't even have a marketing budget when Protoshares was released and market cap of BTSX as of now is the same as what Protoshares has been. In all honesty I'miss not to sure that the results in terms of marketing are worth the price.

For development that another story though and you guys have been doing great in that realm. Just thought that Bitcoin and Bitshares-PTS was to keep the team going wasn't sure about Bitshares though. 
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline jae208

• View Profile
I know this will be buried deep under a ton of post before morning, but I will write it anyway.

I was inspired to write this, before turning back to mainly observer (instead of active poster), by those 2 posts:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=5982.msg80316#msg80316
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=5982.msg80789#msg80789

Firstly, I completed my sale transaction of BTSX by giving the buyer a discount on the negotiated price in exchange for him paying the deference between the negotiated price and the current price of 0.0000160, instead of actual delivery. In other words we turn it from a sale into a bet.

What this means for everybody: (everybody is winning, I hope)
-For me , I get my gains and do not have to import my wallets and then transfer the amounts using software that is still pretty unstable. Additionally I do not have to go to the exchange and buy significant amounts of BTSX. You are right donkeypong , buying such amounts at this point in time will most likely move the price of BTSX up, at least temporarily.
-The other party gets a discount compared to going through with the transaction, as initially negotiated.
-All of you, especially the one that still vote –‘I am buying’ - The ‘whale’ did not move the price up for you. Feel free to go and buy at those low prices!

Which leads to another one of my reason to post this.
You all are brave and believe in BTSX. My 2c are that the current price offers a great level to get in or add to your position.
But be advised, if you do not go and do not actually buy some BTSX, we will probably see my initial expectation come true. And they were 8-15 Mil market cap.

Do what is best for you of course, but understand that the current demand is kind of pathetic!

S II

Wow... you're joking, right? Why would we have donated to AGS if we wanted them to burn our money?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Maybe I'm not understanding something here but don't they still have Bitcoin and Bitshares-PTS and wasn't that supposed to be for the development of the industry?

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile

You must be joking? You're saying you want them to burn their stake?  Who do you think makes the foundation for these DAC's, the tooth fairy?

I don't know how much equity they've got but I'm concerned from the delegate approval feature in the wallet that it could be less than 10%. I hope it's not, as to me that's a problem on the other side, from an incentive and even security point of view.
If that is the case, I would encourage the use of BTC funds from AGS to buy more BTSX for the developers making the foundation for it. Especially given the good value it represents now.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
I know this will be buried deep under a ton of post before morning, but I will write it anyway.

I was inspired to write this, before turning back to mainly observer (instead of active poster), by those 2 posts:

Firstly, I completed my sale transaction of BTSX by giving the buyer a discount on the negotiated price in exchange for him paying the deference between the negotiated price and the current price of 0.0000160, instead of actual delivery. In other words we turn it from a sale into a bet.

-For me , I get my gains and do not have to import my wallets and then transfer the amounts using software that is still pretty unstable. Additionally I do not have to go to the exchange and buy significant amounts of BTSX. You are right donkeypong , buying such amounts at this point in time will most likely move the price of BTSX up, at least temporarily.
-The other party gets a discount compared to going through with the transaction, as initially negotiated.
-All of you, especially the one that still vote –‘I am buying’ - The ‘whale’ did not move the price up for you. Feel free to go and buy at those low prices!

You all are brave and believe in BTSX. My 2c are that the current price offers a great level to get in or add to your position.
But be advised, if you do not go and do not actually buy some BTSX, we will probably see my initial expectation come true. And they were 8-15 Mil market cap.

Do what is best for you of course, but understand that the current demand is kind of pathetic!

S II

Wow... you're joking, right? Why would we have donated to AGS if we wanted them to burn our money?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Or hire people to grow the ecosystem. I'll take BTSX

Offline jae208

• View Profile

S II

Offline bytemaster

I logged in to post.

S II

That's because you ARE agent! Lol

Chicago pic proves I am not :)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline jae208

• View Profile
I logged in to post.

S II

That's because you ARE agent! Lol

Offline bytemaster

I logged in to post.

S II

Offline Simeon II

• View Profile
I logged in to post.

S II
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 01:47:55 am by Simeon II »