Author Topic: Voting  (Read 1592 times)

Offline bdnoble

• View Profile
    • Home Page
I voted for a bunch but unfortunately my percent of the share is less than 0.00002 so I can't make much difference. :/
:)

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
do we only vote when i send something to my account or do i also vote when i get some balance?
only when you send to whoever

I still need to get the webclient / gui started. Voting for 101 delegates is too much work in the command line client...
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 12:25:42 pm by delulo »

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
do we only vote when i send something to my account or do i also vote when i get some balance?

Offline oldman

• View Profile
Having just registered I can tell you that casual/benign users such as myself are only voting for delegates we know are 'good' based on what we can glean from the forum.

We don't vote for anyone else (who is this?) for fear of helping a 'bad' delegate.

Desperately needed is a direct link from the Delegate Info page to the delegate's Bitsharestalk profile. Link needs to be trusted.

Or delegates need to build profiles etc. so we can figure out who we are voting for.

I don't necessarily want to vote based solely on reliability, would feel much more comfortable voting with knowledge of the delegate's 'platform', ie. contribution to the community, use of fees, beliefs/values/objectives etc.

The system is young for this, but at least having a bitsharetalk profile to work from would help a great deal.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
If you are unsure see my signature for stats on reliability. I recommend to examine stats for last 10,000 blocks.

Offline bytemaster

It is clear that some of the active shares are voting for just a few delegates (black-widow and zhangliangying) have over 5% voting for them that is entirely independent of the shares that are voting for the other 99 delegates.   Others such as bts500, delegate.adam, and chinese all have a couple of percent voting for them that are not voting for other delegates.

I would encourage  anyone with less than 101 delegates selected to pick up a few more from the top 100 who have proven reliable. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.