Author Topic: Playing has started.... how about the earnings?  (Read 4184 times)

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
It would be nice to have some graphs:

1. Mining rewards paid out so far
2. Total LTS spent on tickets, 15% of same
3. Total LTS paid out on winning tickets
4. Total supply

In the long run this DAC is profitable  if 15% of LTS spent on tickets > mining rewards.
In the short run we're operating at a profit if total spent on tickets > mining rewards + payout for winning tickets.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
I think of it as 2 kinds of dividends: explicit and implicit. If dividends showed up as transactions increasing your balance, that would be explicit. LTS has implicit dividends: shares are burned with each lotto ticket, which reduces the overall share supply. If demand remains constant, a decreasing share supply will drive up prices. Thus, the net effect in the long run is that you're being paid a dividend.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
I agree - every ticket played is like a tiny stock buyback.
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline Markus

• View Profile
There are no dividends. Better think of it as a stock buyback where the company retires the purchased shares https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Share_repurchase

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
Where are the dividends? People started to bet on LTS since it was launch. There are also winners I believe. When can the shareholders have there dividends?