Author Topic: Why you want to choose Bitshares X - (updated monthly)  (Read 2131 times)

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
So if my understanding is correct "cross chain trading" is a decentralize exchange between different blockchains, while what people called right know "decentralize exchanges" are only decentralize exchanges within a sole blockchain, am I right?

Yes. However Mastercoin and Counterparty allow for a fully decentralized exchange with BTC, because they just implemented their protocol on top of BTC. That said, it limits them severely (high transaction cost, high confirmation times, etc.)

UPDATE: I think it's easy to do cross chain, if we just include the hashes of the main BTC blocks, and then only include the blocks that had relevant cross-chain transactions, it could be implemented in BTSX.

Offline BldSwtTrs

• View Profile
Sorry for my ignorance but what cross chain trading is concretely?

Cross chain trading is to be able to trade say BTC <-> BTSX in a trustless manner without using a third party (such as BTER, btc38, escrow, etc.)
So if my understanding is correct "cross chain trading" is a decentralize exchange between different blockchains, while what people called right know "decentralize exchanges" are only decentralize exchanges within a sole blockchain, am I right?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 12:01:14 am by BldSwtTrs »

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile

Cross chain trading is to be able to trade say BTC <-> BTSX in a trustless manner without using a third party (such as BTER, btc38, escrow, etc.)

Offline BldSwtTrs

• View Profile

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
I saw this interesting, if outdated, image comparision between major "Bitcoin 2.0" projects.

In my opinion it would be a good idea for Bitshares marketing team to create and keep an updated comparison table similar to this one and make  it available and easy to find.

This table suggests that NXT has (planed) 'Market Pegged Assets".
 Can somebody point me to how they envision to do it, or  is it outright lie?
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
Yeah I think the table here is pretty up to date - http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Why_choose_Bitshares%3F

I think the table you posted is NXT's response to that table. Clout pointed out how innacurate NXT's response is on BTT -

BitShares X was released July 19th, 2014. The current network includes anonymous transactions, registered accounts, user issued assets, the effective equivalent of Nxt transparent forging and leased forging (deterministic block production, allowing for 10 second blocks and 1 block confirmations). The memo field in all transactions can be thought of as encrypted messaging but its purpose as of right now is just to provide a brief (19 character) description of the transaction. Public testing of market-pegged assets should begin tomorrow. Also voting and dns are in active development.

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile
 I saw this interesting, if outdated and somewhat inaccurate, image comparision between major "Bitcoin 2.0" projects.
https://www.o.info/index.php/How_to_issue_a_cryptosecurity#NXT

In my opinion it would be a good idea for Bitshares marketing team to create and keep an updated comparison table similar to this one and make  it available as a pretty image and easy to find and distribute.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 10:43:27 pm by bitcoinerS »
>>> approve bitcoiners