Author Topic: delegate.liondani... Updated publish delegate data !  (Read 67951 times)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
As you may already know I am elected as a helper delegate for jcalfee1-developer-team

jcalfee1-developer-team.helper.liondani

James are doing great work and is very active on development the last 4 months! If you want to  discover what he has accomplished for our ecosystem you can take a look here:
https://github.com/jcalfee

If you want to know what are his current plans and on what he is working right know check periodically this thread:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=12007.0

and lastly if you think he deserves our vote, take a minute and ... vote him  :)
http://bitsharesblocks.com/delegates/delegate?name=jcalfee1-developer-team.helper.liondani
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 02:23:52 pm by liondani »

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
Just FYI the last blocks I missed yesterday was due my server was down for a couple of hours and I was 200 Km. in distance from them...
Shit happens only when we are living our home 1 time a month ...  >:( :)
Murphys rules apply on us perfectly  :P http://www.murphys-laws.com/murphy/murphy-laws.html
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 02:17:13 pm by liondani »

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
Cause the latest difficulties for some delegates to sync with the main chain,
 I decided to run a chain server on my VPS in Greece to make it easier for all of you to download the right chain without the risk to sync on a minority fork
and much much faster !

chain server details:    185.25.22.21:1375

To sync from this chain server, first locate your config.json file. This file will be located in the BitShares  data directory, which is placed in these locations by default:

Windows: %APPDATA%/BitShares(Try going to Start->Run and opening %APPDATA%, then open the BitShares folder)
    Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/BitShares (Open a Finder window and press Command-Shift-G, then paste in the path)
    Linux: ~/.BitShares

In this folder, find the config.json file and open it with your preferred text editor (Mac users may use TextEdit and Windows users may use Notepad). In this file, find the chain_servers list, which is located by default immediately after the default_peers list. If you do not see chain_servers in your config.json, your config.json was created by an old version of BitShares. Delete config.json and restart your client, then open it again. If there is still not a chain_servers section, update your BitShares client.

When you have found the chain_servers section in your config.json, modify that section to add  chain server as follows:

"chain_servers": ["185.25.22.21:1375"],

When finished, there should only be one chain_servers line (ignore the chain_server section) and make sure that this line looks like the one above and ends with a comma. Save your changes and close config.json. The next time you start your client, it should sync from the new chain server before connecting to the P2P network.  ;)

originaly first time Nathan published a chain server...
https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/wiki/Using-Chain-Servers
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 01:47:53 am by liondani »

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info

Have all a nice Month !!!

The last one Month (until now) I received with my unique 3% delegate.liondani
4,033.244 BTS . Like always I will donate 10% for charity to http://www.hamogelo.gr/1.2/home
That means 404 BTS = $7.28 = 5.82 euro ... I will round up and sent them 10 euro... (which will be the minimum I will sent them from now on each Month if 10% is less than 10 euro... and it's again very little... )

I have in my mind a new delegate proposal for me and I hope I can afford to donate a little bit more than that if my plan/delegate get your permission to get active...
As soon as I am ready I will make here the proposal announcement public ;)

40 euro are going to the vps I have for the seednode client
and about 80 euros are the electricity costs to have 2 servers 24 hours a day open locally on my home in Greece for my active delegate.liondani (one main server and one backup server)

Expenses about 130 euro 
Income= 4033 bts = 59 euro
Total=  -71 euro

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info

My unique delegate.liondani earned the last month 3613,22511 BTSX = $0.015874 x 3613 = $57.35 = 45.8 euro
10% aka 362 BTSX (5 euro) will go for charity to http://www.hamogelo.gr/1.2/home (I will provide these days the recipe screenshot  ;))

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info

Have all a good Month. I am sure this month will be much better than the last one ;)

My unique delegate.liondani earned the last month 3613,22511 BTSX = $0.015874 x 3613 = $57.35 = 45.8 euro
10% aka 362 BTSX (5 euro) will go for charity to http://www.hamogelo.gr/1.2/home (I will provide these days the recipe screenshot  ;))
and the rest (40 euro) will go for the VPS subscription that host the seednodes for bitshares and keyid...

When I account the electricity costs for my personal server that host my delegate.liondani I am at a loss...  :(
That is the last think that concerns me of course.Compared with the loss I had due the BTSX crash lately,that's nothing...
Well, not a good month from the economic perspective. But it was real fun and I enjoyed it! Many client updates, many news, many talks here on the forum, VPS tweakings and I gave
for the first time seednodes for bitsharesx and keyid located of course here in Greece....  I want desperately that we succeed all together... Have a nice day and I wish it will be one of our best Months  ;)

« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 09:09:21 am by liondani »

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info

delegate.liondani
    Updated to v0.4.23-RC1  ;)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 04:24:05 pm by liondani »

Offline svk

Just for your information I lost 3 blocks in a row (850609,850623,850723) for no apparent reason and as a result I was on a fork...
My server had no problem at that time! On the last missed block I was watching and everything was ok with the system (I was on the main chain also since I restarted after the second missed block).
Everything is ok right now after restarting again...

Anybody with same problems? Has anybody identified what happened?
The participation on the main blockchain was at 70% (?) at time ... strange...
Thoughts ? (maybe  @riverhead ? )

I suppose you are looking at bitsharesblock.com for the network health.
I think there might be something wrong there.
There is nothing wrong with the blockchain.
There were a few missed blocks ... but nothing that could lower the participation rate to 70% .
"blockchain_average_delegate_participation": "100.00 %",

EDIT: Furthermore missing blocks might not be always a fault on your end. The strange thing is that when you miss a block a.delegate.charity is just after your slot.
There might be a pattern here.

Yea I think delegate participation must've been wrong all weekend on my site, somehow the client was perpetually stuck 6 minutes behind. I didn't have access to it over the weekend but restarted it this morning and it immediately synced up fully.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
Just for your information I lost 3 blocks in a row (850609,850623,850723) for no apparent reason and as a result I was on a fork...
My server had no problem at that time! On the last missed block I was watching and everything was ok with the system (I was on the main chain also since I restarted after the second missed block).

I suppose you are looking at bitsharesblock.com for the network health.
I think there might be something wrong there.
There is nothing wrong with the blockchain.
There were a few missed blocks ... but nothing that could lower the participation rate to 70% .
"blockchain_average_delegate_participation": "100.00 %",

EDIT: Furthermore missing blocks might not be always a fault on your end. The strange thing is that when you miss a block a.delegate.charity is just after your slot.
There might be a pattern here.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 08:27:56 am by emski »

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info

« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 08:17:07 am by liondani »

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
Finally I am very happy to announce my first stable seed node for bitsharesx located in Greece !!!

185.25.22.21:1776   

A high quality VPS delivered from http://www.pointer.gr/en/vps

Specifications:
CPU type: Quad-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 8387 (2812 MHz) , 2 cores
HDD: SSD 40 GB
RAM: 4GB
UPTIME: 100%

« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 10:36:12 am by liondani »