Author Topic: an unintended positive side effect of using airdropping for distribution  (Read 920 times)

Offline fuzzy

Good point Merockstar.  Another good point would be that sharedropping on other coins is a way to give those coins' users (some of whom are also devs) a taste of what the bitshares toolkit gives a DAC right out of the box. 

Most people do not realize that current crypto"coins" are DACs that focus on value transfer.  Some offer cool features, but they do not offer developers the ability to create DACs that perform other valuable services and also have a built-in set of features that takes the best of all coins and wraps them all up into one single toolkit. 

Sharedropping that succeeds in getting developers to develop new DACs using the bitshares toolkit has the wonderful side effect of giving PTS/AGS holders an automatic stake in those DACs at genesis.  Really brilliant vision...as always...from I3.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

merockstar

it just dawned on me that there is an unintended (or maybe it was intended, but nobody felt the need to point it out) side effect of using airdrops to distribute new coins.

that is, any honest exchange is going to feel obligated to provide coins that get airdropped to them to their rightful owners. this in turn forces them to list every social consensus honoring coin-- this could be another legitimate reason that developers might want to honor the consensus... to get their coins listed on a couple extra exchanges right away.

bter has stolen my business away from cryptsy over this. I dont care for the fact that I have to convert my devcoin into litecoin before turning it into BTC, then something else if I want, but it's worth it to support an honest exchange.