Author Topic: Difficulty did not change after block 2016  (Read 8166 times)

Offline FreeTrade

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Difficulty did not change after block 2016
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2013, 03:34:09 am »
I am seeing difficulty at:  0.00000382  is this the current and correct?  Thanks :)

Yes, that's correct - we got the maximum difficulty adjustment allowed in the code. However a lot of the computational power in the network was masked by orphan and stale block, so we've still got very fast block time of about 48 seconds.
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline smith88

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2013, 03:26:15 am »
Currently it's set to two weeks, but because of how much power is in the network, the 5 minute blocks are taking 30 seconds or less so 1 day = 1 week, adjustment should be in the next 18 hours.
Adjustment should be in the next 8 hours...

I am seeing difficulty at:  0.00000382  is this the current and correct?  Thanks :)
PTS:  Pv5uGw6APp4UweLE8J1piqWM2i5xFGUHij
BTC:  1B2vsiqJhh5W1mrfJNcC4Zu2kWG3mWzJft

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2013, 06:59:12 pm »
Currently it's set to two weeks, but because of how much power is in the network, the 5 minute blocks are taking 30 seconds or less so 1 day = 1 week, adjustment should be in the next 18 hours.
Adjustment should be in the next 8 hours...
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Lighthouse

• Making a Market in PTS since 11/06/2013
    • View Profile
    • Lighthouse Bulk Orders and Trusted Escrow (Closed)
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2013, 06:58:16 pm »
Before you say the price of PTS is too high, take a look at theThe Reason.  Protoshares are an entirely new type of Cryptocurrency, one that pays to hold.

Offline rando

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2013, 06:51:54 pm »
I thought the retarget is after 1.5 days?

An oversight in tweaking the parameters left it set at Bitcoins default of 2 weeks... which means tomorrow it will correct.

is it currently set to 2 weeks or 2 days?

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 07:46:11 am »
A new client with different difficulty target adjusting time may cause the blockchain diverged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This adjustment would be made with lots of time for people to update.  We are not going to make rash updates.   Right now the parameters are the same as bitcoin so it cannot be all that bad :)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline mitao

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 07:44:45 am »
A new client with different difficulty target adjusting time may cause the blockchain diverged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 05:44:58 am »
Given that 24 hours is far to quick to launch a patch we have opted to leave it be.

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 05:43:37 am »

An oversight in tweaking the parameters left it set at Bitcoins default of 2 weeks... which means tomorrow it will correct.

Offline 5chdn

• i wonder how many chars i can put in this field 50
    • View Profile
    • Votesapp
  • GitHub: 5chdn
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 05:36:18 am »

Offline dav

• View Profile
Difficulty did not change after block 2016
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 05:34:41 am »
It's still 0.00000095.

Something wrong?