Author Topic: Voting - improvements  (Read 1543 times)

Offline bytemaster

it would be nice to see how is the ratio

shares vs. accounts

100.000.000 vs. 500 average of 200.000 shares each account

advantages?
1. people can see if some big "whales" are backing some delegates and will probably help the smaller ones to vote for them

This would be tricky and easily faked, but never the less the more analysis we have the better the system will be.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
it would be nice to see how is the ratio

shares vs. accounts

100.000.000 vs. 500 average of 200.000 shares each account

advantages?
1. people can see if some big "whales" are backing some delegates and will probably help the smaller ones to vote for them

Offline bytemaster

Yeah... the GUI for publishing your slate is not there.   I am working with the guys to improve it more.

It would be great to see on the "Delegates"page for how much delegate we have voted!

For example:    "You have vote for 73 out of 101 delegates by now, you can still vote for 28 more delegates!"

+1   I like this.   I also think we need to show delegates that we are "voting for" but haven't made a transaction to update.    You could be voting for delegates that you do not support because someone transferred funds to you while voting for an untrusted (by you) delegate.    Right now this is done on an account-by-account basis, but it needs a global wallet basis as well.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Yeah... the GUI for publishing your slate is not there.   I am working with the guys to improve it more.

It would be great to see on the "Delegates"page for how much delegate we have voted!

For example:    "You have vote for 73 out of 101 delegates by now, you can still vote for 28 more delegates!"

Offline bytemaster

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
just installed 0.3.0

1. i don't see the slates? what did i miss?
2. when i select "my votes" i see the old voted as well. i already cut them from the list. so maybe it would be possible to make it easier understandable when did i last voted for which delegated with which amount of stake.
3. at the moment no really information for the voters are provided. so it is really not "fun" to vote and not easy understandable.