Author Topic: Block Explorer and Delegates Listing  (Read 48190 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Very nice site svk.

About the "shorts range" highlighted region, is that the +/- 10% median price rule ?

Thank you! It is indeed based off the 10% rule and the avg price, not sure if it should be the median rather but they're quite close anyway.

If enough delegates announce a feed (>51) than the "1hr moving average" is defined as the median of the feeds .. (which is not really correct terminology)
if less then 51 feeds are available the 'real' 1hr moving average will be calculated using the market itself.

so the +-10% should always be around the 1hr moving avr.. (which is identical to the feed if 51+ delegates announced a feed)

that's my understanding

Offline svk

Very nice site svk.

About the "shorts range" highlighted region, is that the +/- 10% median price rule ?

Thank you! It is indeed based off the 10% rule and the avg price, not sure if it should be the median rather but they're quite close anyway.

Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline svk

I want to state again how useful bitsharesblocks.com is: very useful (: .

Some low priority feedback:
Show when last known block was signed (eg "8 sec ago").
Sorting delegates by version might also be useful.
In "LAST 10 BLOCKS" panel missed blocks are not indicated (even though they are visible in "LAST 10 MISSED BLOCKS").
It would be good if missed blocks are indicated also on "blocks" tab (http://bitsharesblocks.com/blocks).

Thanks, really glad you're finding it useful ;)

I'm taking some time off programming this weekend but will see what I can do next week. Sorting by version I can do for sure, and I agree about the missed blocks.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Very nice site svk.

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
I want to state again how useful bitsharesblocks.com is: very useful (: .

Some low priority feedback:
Show when last known block was signed (eg "8 sec ago").
Sorting delegates by version might also be useful.
In "LAST 10 BLOCKS" panel missed blocks are not indicated (even though they are visible in "LAST 10 MISSED BLOCKS").
It would be good if missed blocks are indicated also on "blocks" tab (http://bitsharesblocks.com/blocks).

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline svk

I've added a market depth chart as well as ask and bid listings for each asset to the asset page. I feel like the asks and bids got inversed somehow though, but I haven't been able to get the GUI working under linux yet so can't check how it looks in the wallet. Anyone able to tell me if my representation is correct or not?

http://bitsharesblocks.com/assets/asset?id=USD

Oh and I also added an about page with some info and links :)

Offline amencon

• View Profile
Hey svk,

You might already know and be working on it, but it looks like your site's connection to the blockchain is down as all areas appear to be not populated with data.

I tried it from 2 different sources so I don't believe the problem is on my end.

Just a heads up in case you weren't aware.

Thanks.
Hey, thanks for the heads up but like the others are saying it does work, it's just a strange bug related to cross origin sharing, which means your browser is blocking the data sent from my back end since it's not on the same domain as your computer.

My http headers are all OK to handle this, but it seems sometimes it just refuses to work. Will investigate once I find the time.
Thanks for staying on top of things and responding even when it was a false alarm.  I'll know next time to just wait for it to come back on it's own.

Recently I built some code that loads dynamic content on other people's websites, I had some initial issues with CORS for some reason so I defaulted to JSONP and that has worked well, not sure if that could be a possible solution though if you want to do more interaction for your visitors than just GETs at some point.

Thanks for the tip, I considered doing that when I first implemented it but decided to go the CORS way, but in the end I should've just gone with JSONP from the start.

I just switched the site over to using JSONP calls, if you notice you're not getting updates do an F5 to get the new version with the proper API calls!
Nice! You do fast work.  Hopefully that ends up being more stable.

Offline infovortice2013

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BitShares en español
  • BitShares: traderx
New Keyoteeid: 5rUhuLCDWUA2FStkKVRTWYEqY1mZhwpfVdRmYEvMRFRD1bqYAL
new08/21 id 5Sjf3LMuYPSeNnjLYXmAoHj5Z6TPCmwmfXD6XwDmg27dwfQ

Offline svk

Hey svk,

You might already know and be working on it, but it looks like your site's connection to the blockchain is down as all areas appear to be not populated with data.

I tried it from 2 different sources so I don't believe the problem is on my end.

Thanks.
Hey, thanks for the heads up but like the others are saying it does work, it's just a strange bug related to cross origin sharing, which means your browser is blocking the data sent from my back end since it's not on the same domain as your computer.

My http headers are all OK to handle this, but it seems sometimes it just refuses to work. Will investigate once I find the time.
Thanks for staying on top of things and responding even when it was a false alarm.  I'll know next time to just wait for it to come back on it's own.

Recently I built some code that loads dynamic content on other people's websites, I had some initial issues with CORS for some reason so I defaulted to JSONP and that has worked well, not sure if that could be a possible solution though if you want to do more interaction for your visitors than just GETs at some point.

Thanks for the tip, I considered doing that when I first implemented it but decided to go the CORS way, but in the end I should've just gone with JSONP from the start.

I just switched the site over to using JSONP calls, if you notice you're not getting updates do an F5 to get the new version with the proper API calls!

Offline nethyb

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nethyb
Great resource and site...   +5%

I've voted for your delegates...

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile
Suggestion:
You can split transactions into various types: transfer, bid, ask, ...
and show separately.

If you want to get fancy, do something like this:
"Realtime Bitcoin transaction and trade visualizer. "
http://www.bittumble.com/listen-to-bitcoin/

Would also be cool to show what is being transferred using different images/colors/sounds...
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 07:41:08 am by bitcoinerS »
>>> approve bitcoiners

Offline amencon

• View Profile
Hey svk,

Thanks.

Offline svk

Hey svk,

Thanks.

Offline amencon

• View Profile
Hey svk,

Thanks.
I had the issue when I was on my work's vpn. Soon as I killed it the site populated correctly. Not sure what's up with that.
Hmm Ok weird, it was working on my VPS but now won't load any data anymore, I double checked on my work computer and got the same no data, I'll remote to my home computer and test there as well.  Thanks.

Edit: It's randomly working on my VPS again.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 09:56:39 pm by amencon »