Author Topic: Block Explorer and Delegates Listing  (Read 48201 times)

Offline Riverhead

Hey svk,

You might already know and be working on it, but it looks like your site's connection to the blockchain is down as all areas appear to be not populated with data.

I tried it from 2 different sources so I don't believe the problem is on my end.

Just a heads up in case you weren't aware.

Thanks.
I had the issue when I was on my work's vpn. Soon as I killed it the site populated correctly. Not sure what's up with that.

Offline JA

• View Profile
Hey svk,

You might already know and be working on it, but it looks like your site's connection to the blockchain is down as all areas appear to be not populated with data.

I tried it from 2 different sources so I don't believe the problem is on my end.

Thanks.
the api seems to be working http://beyondbitcoinx.net/delegates/bitsuperlab/

Offline amencon

• View Profile
Hey svk,

Thanks.

Offline Riverhead

Since you're already gathering the data about blocks and transactions within the blocks....how hard would it be to add a graph that shows volume for each asset? It would be cool to know when bitUSD, bitCNY, etc. are in high volume periods.

Offline amencon

• View Profile
Very useful site, will be using it quite a bit.  Also the design is simple but clear and easy to use.  Thanks for the good work.

Offline Riverhead

I had same issue yesterday.
It was gone after few minutes.

UI improvements are clearly visible. I like it. Keep it up!

Indeed.  Site looks fantastic.

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
I had same issue yesterday.
It was gone after few minutes.

UI improvements are clearly visible. I like it. Keep it up!

Offline Riverhead

Seems it didn't like my work VPN. Oh well, who needs to do work anyway :).

Sorry for the false alarm.  BTW this is what I was seeing:

Offline svk

Looks like the client is down on your server :(

Hm don't think it's been down today, been working on the frontend a bit and would've noticed.

However, sometimes when I push a new version of the frontend to the server the API calls get refused by Chrome due to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-origin_resource_sharing for a little while, it's a strange bug I noticed. If you check the console you might see error messages related to that if the site appears to be down. Try closing it and reloading, should work again rapidly.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline Riverhead

Looks like the client is down on your server :(

Offline svk

Good job. You may want to show number of fresh/current feeds as opposed to total published feeds in Assets table. Feeds expire after 24 hours.

I've now added a filter so that only active feeds are shown. You can toggle it with a checkbox, but it's on by default. Feeds are now also sorted by date by default, from most recent to oldest. We currently have 68 fresh feeds for USD:

http://bitsharesblocks.com/assets/asset?id=USD

I also added slot record history to the delegate info, you can now see a delegate's performance over his last 50 production slots.

Offline svk

Good job. You may want to show number of fresh/current feeds as opposed to total published feeds in Assets table. Feeds expire after 24 hours.
Yea i realized that earlier too, for now I've added the current status, ie are there enough recent feeds. I'll see if I can add a on/off filter tomorrow to show only active feeds.

In other news, I moved the site and btsx client to a VPS in New York today, so downloads might be faster for those of you over there. Don't think it was slow anyway though? I also streamlined all the api calls and my database while I was at it so things might be a little quicker. 

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile
>>> approve bitcoiners

Offline CalabiYau

Very useful - well done ! Thanks  +5%

Offline testz