Author Topic: About the improvement suggestions of the DPOS Voting Mechanism  (Read 2608 times)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Re: About the improvement suggestions of the DPOS Voting Mechanism
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2014, 10:54:43 am »
@liomdani: nice thoughts .. you ar probably right about the decentralization factor of the delegates and i am very aware of the fact that i probably run one of the bigger groups here ..

but i also think that this will just be a matter of time until moste of my *.delegate.xeroc delegates are no longer voted in .. i also hope to keep the charity delegates up as long as possible for obvious reasons.

Having said all of this i think it is the responsibility of all stale holders to come to a decentralized distribution of individual delegate holders .. not only because of trust issue but also because of geografical reasons .. (btw: i hate my mobile keyboard )

Further, the market seems to play well as you can see i "only" have 3-4 *.delegate.xeroc delegates in the active list at different positions ..

Give it some more weeks and that issue will be resolved .. if not i will announce to no longer support my subaccounts and deactivate them one auto-fire is available on the blockchain

Because I trust you I want to vote for your charity delegates also! (I did) but I don't wan't for network security reasons at the same time that  extra delegates "steal" places from the 101 available slots... Maybe in future the best approach will be that we focus all on marketing our single delegate that has a  payrate close to 100% and choose to give a % for charitys, faucets, or to anybody that helps the bitshares ecosystem etc.

PS Probably it was not right to reduce my payrate to 5%. Now I can't do any charity or similar activitys... :-[
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 10:58:03 am by liondani »

Offline Overthetop

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2014, 11:43:09 am »
I think it may be better to make the voting procedure of DPOS  more automatically by program.

That means the delegates would be checked periodically by program to figure out their key indexes, such as "Reliability","Blocks produced","Pay rate".etc

And then ,using one reasonable algorithm to vote or unvote the delegates automatically and periodically.

Of course , we can remain the function of voting by individuals manually.
个人微博账号: Overthetop_万里晴空
“块链创新与创业”交流群: 330378613

Offline her0

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2014, 07:50:13 am »
1 share 1 vote sounds better than the current system. Because I think the current system will allow 1 person or 1 small group of people with high amount of btsx, to control ALL delegates. Leading to centralization.

One share 1 vote means that x% of the time a bad guy can produce disruptive blocks, skip blocks of the good guys, etc.
No one can guarantee 101 delegates are good, and always good.
Anyway evil condition is 20,000,000 btsx.if we have a negative vote, it would not be a problem, unless the evil delegates controls 51% of the shares