Author Topic: The current path of USD to bitUSD  (Read 3173 times)

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Re: The current path of USD to bitUSD
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2015, 09:43:03 pm »
If Yunbi add bitUSD/CNY market, it would be amazing.
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Ggozzo

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2015, 07:49:39 am »
To be fair my projections on certain gateways coming on line were based upon statements by Brian Page which turned out to be way off the mark. 

From what I know right now, there are several exchanges that are in the process of integrating with us.  We even have Dan & Eric actively working to produce a gateway.  Unfortunately, our dev team can do very little to accelerate the development teams of 3rd party exchanges.   It will take time, but slow and steady will win the race.

Did Brian just flat out lie to you guys? If so, that is amazing and sad. I feel like it would've had to be an elaborate lie to convince you of a pipeline of things to come without ever working toward them or providing evidence of maturation. The amount of work it would take seems to be more than to have just done it.

I remember posting something that it would've been like $5K (here in CA) to apply for a money services license and then however much for some one to design a site that could sell bitUSD for a dollar plus fee or sell BTS for dollars. Brian's salary could've been used for this and so much more. Hindsight I guess.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2015, 10:14:48 am »
To be fair my projections on certain gateways coming on line were based upon statements by Brian Page which turned out to be way off the mark. 

From what I know right now, there are several exchanges that are in the process of integrating with us.  We even have Dan & Eric actively working to produce a gateway.  Unfortunately, our dev team can do very little to accelerate the development teams of 3rd party exchanges.   It will take time, but slow and steady will win the race.

Did Brian just flat out lie to you guys? If so, that is amazing and sad. I feel like it would've had to be an elaborate lie to convince you of a pipeline of things to come without ever working toward them or providing evidence of maturation. The amount of work it would take seems to be more than to have just done it.

I remember posting something that it would've been like $5K (here in CA) to apply for a money services license and then however much for some one to design a site that could sell bitUSD for a dollar plus fee or sell BTS for dollars. Brian's salary could've been used for this and so much more. Hindsight I guess.

I was sure it was something like that! This guy has damaged bitshares more then he has bring benefits to it !!! (2 steps forward and 3 steps backward)...
But it is not only his fault... I hope you all can now better identify the honest guys that will work with you in future... And I hope we don't have other's like him around us from now own!!!.... (unfortunately I doubt it will not happen again,at least then it's "all" shareholder's "fault"....theoretical....and,at least the funds in stake will not be so huge I assume )

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2015, 09:55:04 pm »

I was sure it was something like that! This guy has damaged bitshares more then he has bring benefits to it !!! (2 steps forward and 3 steps backward)...
But it is not only his fault... I hope you all can now better identify the honest guys that will work with you in future... And I hope we don't have other's like him around us from now own!!!.... (unfortunately I doubt it will not happen again,at least then it's "all" shareholder's "fault"....theoretical....and,at least the funds in stake will not be so huge I assume )

I wouldn't say he lied or intended to deceive.   I would just say that when you have two high-level guys from BitShares and an Exchange talking to each other they almost never know what the engineers have to say.    In this case the exchange told Brian:  "Yes we plan on listing you, and we think we can do it by date X"    Brian then relays that to me.   

After Brian left I had a conversation with the exchange(s) and knew what tough questions to ask to assess where they were on the development process and that is when I realized what was going on. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

sumantso

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2015, 10:03:05 pm »
This year

Ouch!!

I hope Brian Page is not slated to receive bonus if the marketcap increases.
5m BTS - could've got us so much *sigh*

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2015, 10:57:50 pm »
This year

Ouch!!

I hope Brian Page is not slated to receive bonus if the marketcap increases.
5m BTS - could've got us so much *sigh*
NO MORE PAY FOR HIM.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.