Author Topic: Can we just merge with Tox please instead of duplicating effort on Keyhotee?  (Read 4491 times)

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Did they market-test that name or just figure people would like something...toxic?

Funnily enough, that's the name of one of the Tox clients. But if someone were to fork it, they could rename it to something nicer.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Did they market-test that name or just figure people would like something...toxic?

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Ok this might sound a bit crazy, but here me out.

We all know how hard Invictus has been working on BitsharesX, and how their resources are stretched.

The Tox guys have done a fantastic job of creating a secure VOIP/messenger program. They have even implemented onion routing to keep metadata safe.

The only major thing they are missing is blockchain based identity registration. As I understand it, you still have to add friends by typing in a cumbersome public key, which is never going to catch on.

We all really want to see a secure VOIP/messenger that's easy to use, so why dont we combine the best ideas (AND code) of the two projects instead of duplicating effort? Tox needs the blockchain, and Keyhotee needs VOIP. Its all GPL, so everyone's happy.

Im tired of being forced to use Skype because sending family members a public key for my name sounds awkward.