Author Topic: Moving BTSX from genesis stake  (Read 3967 times)

Offline arubi

• View Profile
if i understand it correct you are asking if it is possible to claim the snapshot BTSX double or tripple times

i didn't tried it, but i expect with your transaction you once claimed the PTS snapshot BTSX and with the transaction "GENESIS -->your user" it is already included in the blockchain. So you can try to claim again with a other wallet but it is useless.

No, Im pretty sure you can import your PTS into multiple different BTSX Accounts, until the first time that stake actually gets moved.

This makes sense because if you look at your "GENESIS -->your user" transaction, it shows a transaction fee of 0 - because nothing was actually done/changed on the blockchain. Your wallet just added an extra key to its local file.

This is correct.

Thanks all.
I'll move my stake in and out of my account.

Offline vikram

if i understand it correct you are asking if it is possible to claim the snapshot BTSX double or tripple times

i didn't tried it, but i expect with your transaction you once claimed the PTS snapshot BTSX and with the transaction "GENESIS -->your user" it is already included in the blockchain. So you can try to claim again with a other wallet but it is useless.

No, Im pretty sure you can import your PTS into multiple different BTSX Accounts, until the first time that stake actually gets moved.

This makes sense because if you look at your "GENESIS -->your user" transaction, it shows a transaction fee of 0 - because nothing was actually done/changed on the blockchain. Your wallet just added an extra key to its local file.

This is correct.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
I'll rephrase.

I claimed my BTSX by importing my private keys (protoshares) into an account I have registered in the BTSX client.
Not I have transactions from Genesis into my account.
I have not moved the BTSX from my account to another account after that. All BTSX I have in my account were "sent" to me from Genesis.

Suppose I now get a new computer, register a new account in the BTSX client, and import those same private keys (protoshares) from before into that new account. Will I have control over these same genesis BTSX, or are they now considered "Claimed" by the first BTSX account I've created?

Thanks for taking the time.

Offline Riverhead

My understanding is as follows:

When you import your private keys it asks you for an account name. If you go to the console you'll see transactions like from GENESIS -> ACCOUNT. If you import the private keys into a different account in a new wallet it may still attempt the transaction but there is nothing to move as the shares are now associated with ACCOUNT.

The BTSX from a reserved Founder ID is different in that the account was created as part of the Genesis block. You'll need to manually move that to a different account. The account that you transferred your other funds to (from the Genesis block) would be fine. However unless your Brain Wallet Passphrase is compromised the Founder ID in the Genesis block is safe.

Account names are like bank account numbers. You can have many of them. If you want to be extra sure create another account called ACCOUNT_NAME-Savings or something and move the bulk of your BTSX there and only transfer BTSX back to your main account when you want to do a transaction. Unnecessary but it might help you sleep at night :) .

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline arubi

• View Profile
I'll rephrase.

I claimed my BTSX by importing my private keys (protoshares) into an account I have registered in the BTSX client.
Not I have transactions from Genesis into my account.
I have not moved the BTSX from my account to another account after that. All BTSX I have in my account were "sent" to me from Genesis.

Suppose I now get a new computer, register a new account in the BTSX client, and import those same private keys (protoshares) from before into that new account. Will I have control over these same genesis BTSX, or are they now considered "Claimed" by the first BTSX account I've created?

Thanks for taking the time.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
if you move all your stake to a new address the old address(es) are empty .. so the privkeys to those are worthless ..

in short: no one can (re-)redeem your stake if you moved them to your account

Offline arubi

• View Profile
My question is simpler than that :
Can genesis BTSX be re-claimed by Account#2 once they have been claimed by Account#1?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Its all about private keys .. if the underlaying private keys (acvount key or pts donator key) are compromisednyou loos your stake (probably)
And as your privkey for the genesis stake is at least additionall located inyour btc/pts wallet it is wise (but not necessary) to move your btsx to a different key/account

IMHO the only good reason to move the stake out of the genesis currentky is because you can then vote for delegates ..
in the future there fill be a fee of 5% if stakes are not moved within the last 365 days.

Offline arubi

• View Profile
Just to be clear on this...

1. Have a registered account on BTSX : "MyAcc"
2. Use `wallet_import_bitcoin /.../wallet.dat "password" "MyAcc"`
3. Use `wallet_account_transaction_history "MyAcc"` , see this tx :
2014-07-29T17:08:39 0  GENESIS  myacc  100,000.00000 BTSX  claim Pxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  100,000.00000 BTSX  0.00000 BTSX  [f3f3f3]

Not safe?
Can someone now re-claim these same BTSX's into her account and send them somewhere else?

Offline speedy

• View Profile
mh but they aren't safe when claimed from AGS BTC address?

For example when i import my privkey into my BTSX account *agsgenesis*!
Why this account isn't safe then when my AGS BTC privkey is compromised?

Is my BTSX account *agsgenesis* then also compromised?
How attacker can get on my BTSX *agsgenesis* genesis funds then!?

Sry for dump question ... but have to get this clear :)

If your AGS BTC priv key is compromised, you could lose your funds if you didnt move them out of the AGS/PTS address and into the Account Key of the BTSX wallet.

In other words if you have left your funds at their genesis block address, your BTSX account isnt really in exclusive control of them - they can be taken if someone else gets yours AGS/PTS keys.

Thats why i did a transfer to myself - to make my BTSX account have exclusive control of my funds.

I wonder how many other people just import their stake and dont move it.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 11:49:55 pm by trader »

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
mh but they aren't safe when claimed from AGS BTC address?

For example when i import my privkey into my BTSX account *agsgenesis*!
Why this account isn't safe then when my AGS BTC privkey is compromised?

Is my BTSX account *agsgenesis* then also compromised?
How attacker can get on my BTSX *agsgenesis* genesis funds then!?

Sry for dump question ... but have to get this clear :)
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I only have 1 account, so I sent all my stake to that one, i.e. a self transaction.

Im assuming that all my stake should now be in the Account Key of my one account.
That is correct ..  (store the backup safely anyway)

Offline speedy

• View Profile
I only have 1 account, so I sent all my stake to that one, i.e. a self transaction.

Im assuming that all my stake should now be in the Account Key of my one account.