Author Topic: Keyhotee ID Invalid Trying To Import To BitsharesX  (Read 4934 times)

Offline JustHayden

• View Profile
keyhoteeid must be lower letter I think ... also try to quote all parameters with ""

another approach would be to run the command without parameters and enter them as asked for

edit:// worst case scenario: wait for latest keyhotee build and use that to EXPORT the private key (it's a brand nw feature :) )

I've tried lowercase and still not valid, and I tried with and without parameters. If no one else is having this issue why am i?

Go install keyhotee and try to register your account there ... Install the latest version .. maybe it already has the feature to export private keys directly.

I have Keyhotee on my computer and it's the version released on April 2nd , which according to the main thread, is the latest version. I'm registered and have been for some time now.
PTS: PjUAPsLu76Yi9516zFgHqtFYs2sBbAMwUx
Keyhotee: 7hQmwpf8ujy6h9jRkR7MPFqKNij3DrLifoDaemUUjaHLiUsy4g

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
keyhoteeid must be lower letter I think ... also try to quote all parameters with ""

another approach would be to run the command without parameters and enter them as asked for

edit:// worst case scenario: wait for latest keyhotee build and use that to EXPORT the private key (it's a brand nw feature :) )

I've tried lowercase and still not valid, and I tried with and without parameters. If no one else is having this issue why am i?

Go install keyhotee and try to register your account there ... Install the latest version .. maybe it already has the feature to export private keys directly.

Offline JustHayden

• View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline JustHayden

• View Profile
Something must be wrong because my wallet is completely synced and it's still saying my ID is invalid. the code I'm entering is....

Code: [Select]
wallet_import_keyhotee <firstname> <middlename> <lastname> <brainkey> <keyhoteeid>

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
confirmed on the btsx blockchain
Code: [Select]
delegate (locked) >>> blockchain_get_account justhayden
Name: justhayden
Last Updated: 31 days ago
Owner Key: BTSX7hQmwpf8ujy6h9jRkR7MPFqKNij3DrLifoDaemUUjaHLiXNLuV
Active Key History:
- BTSX7hQmwpf8ujy6h9jRkR7MPFqKNij3DrLifoDaemUUjaHLiXNLuV, last used 31 days ago

Offline onceuponatime

LMFAO I'm an idiot.

wallet isn't synced yet...

Thanks for the help anyways, I need to sleep and hopefully the part of my brain that wasn't working turns back on  :P

OK

I found your name in the list:

},{
      "name": "justhayden",
      "delegate_pay_rate": 100,
      "owner": "XTS7hQmwpf8ujy6h9jRkR7MPFqKNij3DrLifoDaemUUjaHLiXNLuV"

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/BitShares/bitshares_toolkit/master/libraries/blockchain/genesis.json

Offline JustHayden

• View Profile
LMFAO I'm an idiot.

wallet isn't synced yet...

Thanks for the help anyways, I need to sleep and hopefully the part of my brain that wasn't working turns back on  :P

Offline onceuponatime

Well, I'm only guessing, but if your Keyhotee id is "Justhayden" with a capital "J" maybe try that?

Nope same thing. Might be a bug where my Founder ID wasn't added to the genesis block...

No, that's not it. I'm sure your name is in the genesis block from what you've said so far. There is a place to check. Give me some time to find it, or, hopefully, someone with more technical skills will come on this thread before I get back to you.

Offline JustHayden

• View Profile
Well, I'm only guessing, but if your Keyhotee id is "Justhayden" with a capital "J" maybe try that?

Nope same thing. Might be a bug where my Founder ID wasn't added to the genesis block...

Offline onceuponatime

Offline JustHayden

• View Profile
Your Keyhotee id is reserved for you AS A keyhotee Founder in the BitSharesX blockchain - but capital letters are not allowed  by the code.

So "justhayden" is reserved for you. Nobody else has squatted that name.

Keyhotee Founders Claim your BTSX
« on: July 21, 2014, 06:00:15 PM »

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=5943.0

Yes I figured that out about 10 minutes ago but it's saying "justhayden" is not a valid keyhotee id :/ It is though.

Sorry, I'm not a very technically proficient person so you must explain things clearly and simply to me.

When you say  "it's saying "justhayden"" - what is "it's" that your are referring to?

In the BitsharesX console I must enter the command "wallet_import_keyhotee <firstname> <middlename> <lastname> <brainkey> <keyhoteeid>" but when I add "justhayden" as my keyhotee id, it says

"20017 invalid_name: invalid name
Invalid Keyhotee name!
    {"keyhoteeid":""}
    bitshares  wallet.cpp:4183 bts::wallet::wallet::import_keyhotee
error creating private key using keyhotee info."

Offline onceuponatime

Your Keyhotee id is reserved for you AS A keyhotee Founder in the BitSharesX blockchain - but capital letters are not allowed  by the code.

Yes I figured that out about 10 minutes ago but it's saying "justhayden" is not a valid keyhotee id :/ It is though.

Sorry, I'm not a very technically proficient person so you must explain things clearly and simply to me.

When you say  "it's saying "justhayden"" - what is "it's" that your are referring to?

Offline JustHayden

• View Profile

Offline onceuponatime