Author Topic: ethereum damage control thread on reddit - upvote  (Read 1900 times)

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
Hate to spout an overused phrase, but "any press is good press" - and controversy builds brands. 

As my marketing buddy said yesterday, if you don't know that, ask Howard Stern, Donald Trump or frickin Miley Cyrus. They are masters of controversy...and making it look like it's real (when often it's all strategic and intentional).

No, I don't want BitShares to be the Miley Cyrus of our industry, but I do think having those who vehemently oppose us or don't think we will work is GREAT marketing and powerful for brand building.  Apple did it often in the early days painting themselves as the rebel underdogs....even Google did it (we're not evil). 

So let's stay in controversy, public discussions, and not be concerned if we're ruffling feathers, because to be not talked about is to be irrelevant.

Good publicity, bad publicity, yes please.  B

Offline gamey

• View Profile
BitShares guy here. Sorry we caused such a stir. We are not evil/greedy, Dan just sucks at PR.

I dont think he is bad at PR at all - on the contrary I thought it was a brilliant trick to get all the ethereans talking about BitShares :)

"my partner's an asshole, here buddy I'm just trying to help you out..."

Sometimes he plays good cop, sometimes he plays bad...
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline jae208

• View Profile
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
BitShares guy here. Sorry we caused such a stir. We are not evil/greedy, Dan just sucks at PR.

I dont think he is bad at PR at all - on the contrary I thought it was a brilliant trick to get all the ethereans talking about BitShares :)

"my partner's an asshole, here buddy I'm just trying to help you out..."
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy

Offline yellowecho

696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.