Other > BitShares AGS

Need help importing from encrypted Android wallet backup [SOLVED]

<< < (3/3)

Riverhead:

UPDATE: More useful: http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/17176/how-to-decode-private-key-from-android-bitcoin-wallet The private key you're looking for is in WIF format.

You can import your private keys exported from your Android bitcoin wallet. If they associate with BTSX from your AGS donation you're all set. Never the less post up your BTSX public key and we can send you enough to register an account.

The Android wallet uses OpenSSL to encrypt the keys (like other wallets). It can be decrypted with OpenSSL as well. This thread may not solve your problem but it'll be a step in the right direction.

http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/29586/how-do-i-extract-my-private-keys-from-a-protobuf-wallet

If you are still truly stuck PM me and I'll see if I can dig out your private keys. Yes, this requires an insane amount of trust but if you're hosed anyway I figure it's not much of a risk.

tonyk:

--- Quote from: bsxnewb on September 11, 2014, 03:23:51 am ---/bump

I've managed to decrypt my android wallet backup file, but it doesn't seem to import anything into bitshares-x.  Anyone have any ideas?  :-X

--- End quote ---

What do you mean by ' it doesn't seem to import anything into bitshares-x.'?
If you clarify this someone might be able to help. (this is above my pay grade, but there are a lot of knowledgably people here ready to help)

bsxnewb:
/bump

I've managed to decrypt my android wallet backup file, but it doesn't seem to import anything into bitshares-x.  Anyone have any ideas?  :-X

bsxnewb:
Hey all!

This has been quite the challenge to claim my stakes, I wish I sent my AGS donation through a desktop wallet.

I sent my AGS donation through the "official" Android wallet (the one by Andreas S.)  When I back up the bitcoin wallet, I had to enter a password. From this point I'm not sure what to do to claim my AGS shares in the BitsharesX wallet.  Second question: when I create an account in the BitsharesX wallet, do I need to register the account before I import the bitcoin wallet, or can I safely import the bitcoin wallet to claim my shares with the account unregistered?

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version