Other > BitShares AGS

Need help importing from encrypted Android wallet backup [SOLVED]

<< < (2/3) > >>

Riverhead:
That is some great persistence! Congratulations :).

Perhaps the issue you're facing is that the private key was for your Android wallet and not the Multibit wallet (though I am not familiar with this wallet). Were you able to get your Andriod private key into WIF?

bsxnewb:
OK so after about a month of messing around with this, I've finally managed to get my android walled into multibit, then into bitshares x wallet.  The bitshares x wallet says that my wallet was successfully imported, but nothing shows up in my account.

I'm sure one day I'll have this figured out.  :) 

bsxnewb:

--- Quote from: Riverhead on September 12, 2014, 12:16:49 am ---Did your travels take you here?

http://gary-rowe.com/agilestack/2011/12/28/how-to-recover-lost-bitcoins-from-an-android-wallet/

Problems like this really interest me so I'll be as much help as you're comfortable with. I don't care about the money, it's the puzzle :) .

--- End quote ---

Yup. Went to that page a few times. Looks like the android app (Andreas version) switched the way it formats wallets, after that article was written. But looking at the other section of that article it says:

--- Quote ---The Armstrong key is more complex, it is stored as a serialized ECKey. To get the private key out of it I had to use the BitCoinJ library (version 0.2) and make use of the DumpWallet.java file.  Poking around with an IDE and debugger lead me to the private key that looked a bit like this...
--- End quote ---

So thats where I'm at now.  :D

Riverhead:
Did your travels take you here?

http://gary-rowe.com/agilestack/2011/12/28/how-to-recover-lost-bitcoins-from-an-android-wallet/

Problems like this really interest me so I'll be as much help as you're comfortable with. I don't care about the money, it's the puzzle :) .

bsxnewb:
Thanks for the replies.

After re-reading the above stack overflow link many times, even before you linked it to me, I finally realized where I'm at in the process.

Looks like im stuck with a bitcoinj formatted wallet that requres a java app to dump the wallet info (private keys). Any ideas? 

Never again will I use a mobile wallet where I'll need the private key. I'm hoping to help others who may be in the same boat...my google-fu always brings me back to "openssl decrypt the wallet and your good to go" when that is not the case here. Looks like the last step in this puzzle is to use java dumpwallet command, I'm just not sure how to go about doing that. Thanks againg for pointing me in the right direction.

:o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version