Author Topic: All users, please upgrade your client version to 0.4.4  (Read 17406 times)

Offline Riverhead

I deleted my the btsx client and installed the crashrpt402dll. When I try to open the crash report its showing an error. I tried reinstalling the latest btsx wallet and it says the crashrpt402dll is missing. Now I wished I hadn't deleted my btsx wallet. Luckily I have a back up. Right now I'm just trying to get my btsx wallet up and running again with the update. Can anybody walk me through this?

Same problem here.

Tested with Win7/32 & Win7/64 machines.
Uninstalled BitsharesX on Win7/32 before install.
Overlaid BitsharesX on Win7/64.
Same error (crashrpt402dll missing) on both machines.

You can download the .dll from DACSunlimited. There's a link in this thread somewhere.

Your folder should like this when done. Maybe even run the EXE from this folder to make sure you're running the right one.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 09:57:07 pm by Riverhead »

Offline bobmaloney

I deleted my the btsx client and installed the crashrpt402dll. When I try to open the crash report its showing an error. I tried reinstalling the latest btsx wallet and it says the crashrpt402dll is missing. Now I wished I hadn't deleted my btsx wallet. Luckily I have a back up. Right now I'm just trying to get my btsx wallet up and running again with the update. Can anybody walk me through this?

Same problem here.

Uninstall old version
Install BitSharesX 0.4.4
Place CrashRpt1402.dll into "C:\Program Files (x86)\BitSharesX\bin" at Win7/64 or "C:\Program Files\BitSharesX\bin" at Win7/32
Run the BitSharesX
Enjoy  :)

Searched both machines - only CrashRpt1402.dll file found on both HDD belongs to Keyhotee.
"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."
- Jack Handey (SNL)

Offline cryptkeeper

• View Profile

Same problem here.

Uninstall old version
Install BitSharesX 0.4.4
Place CrashRpt1402.dll into "C:\Program Files (x86)\BitSharesX\bin" at Win7/64 or "C:\Program Files\BitSharesX\bin" at Win7/32
Run the BitSharesX

I went through those steps, still got the same results. I'm just going to buy another computer and start off fresh. I've been trying to solve this problem all day. As long as I have the back up I will still have my bitshares right? Even if I don't have the client running?

Offline solaaire

• praise the sun!
    • View Profile
My client (0.4.4 Windows) has been stuck at block 258808 for a few hours now and keeps cycling between "Not connected" and syncing. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling - no dice. Any suggestions?

Offline testz

Same problem here.

Uninstall old version
Install BitSharesX 0.4.4
Run the BitSharesX

Offline bobmaloney

Same problem here.

"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."
- Jack Handey (SNL)

Offline cryptkeeper

• View Profile
I think so, windows did block it but I ran it anyway. Then again Norton may have something to do with it. As long as I have the json file I should be ok right? Because i'm thinking about buying another computer strictly for bitshares only and start all over again.

Offline Riverhead

Is your virus scanner eating it? I have a Win8 box around here somewhere, I'll test it out.

Offline cryptkeeper

• View Profile

1) Install the BitSharesX client
2) Copy the .dll into the Program Files (x86)\BitShares X\bin directory
3) Launch the client.

Still no change, it gives me the same error message saying that the dll is missing from the computer after I did what you instructed. I have windows 8 if that has anything to do with it.

Offline bytemaster

Delegates:
Have you published the price feed ?

Price feeds will not be published until Monday.    Some last minute market manipulation attacks have caused us to tweak the parameters of the market so better protect participants.   
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline muse-umum

• BitShares everything
    • View Profile
Delegates:
Have you published the price feed ?

Offline Riverhead

1) Install the BitSharesX client
2) Copy the .dll into the Program Files (x86)\BitShares X\bin directory
3) Launch the client.

Offline Riverhead

I am loving the new font color. Much easier to read on my laptop screen.

Has there been any thought (or is there already) a protected send setting? Basically allowing me to have my wallet open to look at delegates, the blockchain, etc. but when I do a transfer it requests my passphrase. I recall a lot of people had Blackcoin stolen because the wallet defaulted to completely unlocked for staking and a remote desktop vulnerability could be exploited. They have since made the default "Unlocked for staking only" requiring a password to send funds.

Offline cryptkeeper

• View Profile

Offline bytemaster

Who is running delegate commonwealth? This guy has been offline for more than one week, but BM doesn't vote it down...
+5%

He is gone now.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.