Author Topic: Where to download CrashRpt1402.dll on official website or GitHub?  (Read 10517 times)

Offline valtr

• View Profile
Hi,   My wallet is still not syncing.
  i downloaded latest  4.5 wallet.   also downloaded the crash dll file suggested, but do not know where to place it since I am not on a windows or PC os. 

FYI:  using a  MAC   OSX version 10.9  operating system. 
The startup hard drive was full so I made room.  could that have been the cause of the problem?

Thanks for your help.  would really like to get my Btsx in my wallet soon.  :)

Upgrade is needed for newer release
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7386.0

Offline mbaeichapareiko

• View Profile
Hi,   My wallet is still not syncing.
  i downloaded latest  4.5 wallet.   also downloaded the crash dll file suggested, but do not know where to place it since I am not on a windows or PC os. 

FYI:  using a  MAC   OSX version 10.9  operating system. 
The startup hard drive was full so I made room.  could that have been the cause of the problem?

Thanks for your help.  would really like to get my Btsx in my wallet soon.  :)

Offline roselee

• View Profile

same problem here
downloaded the new wallet 0.4.4 couse 0.2.1. and 03.0 said blabla .exe does not work
now the latest version said my crashrpt.1402.dll isnt working
i am ready to give up and wait a month or so till there is a version thats easy to install ( as far as cryptos can be easy)
wasted already 2 days on it
and no i am not a pc beginner

and i wonder why the deinstaller leaves all this files on the pc ?
i had to remove them in the appdata/remote file

and my wallet is still not working

Install version 0.4.4, copy CrashRpt1402.dll (see previous post) into "C:\Program Files (x86)\BitSharesX\bin", run the wallet, should work.
Uninstaller leave files in %APPDATA% because it's your data files (including your wallet).
thanks for the info but its still not working
did all as you told
on github they say the crashRpt.dll bug will be fixed with the next update  .......... has anyone a clue when that might be ?

It's show error message that CrashRpt1402.dll missing?
If it's simple stack, try to delete all from %APPDATA% except wallets folder and run the client again?
Make backup copy of wallets folder before any changes.

update on the problem
what i tryed
installing version 02.1. and updating to 0.3.0 then updating to 0.4.4
copy the dll file from github to bin file
now it tells me bitsharex.exe does not work

will there be wallet update soon? without this bug ?
thanks to all

and my friend has simular problems
his wallet didnt work till he updated to 0.3.0
but now he gets kicked from time to time
and syncing backwarts means insted of counting down its counting up
plus his icons are gone some times

i fond this and installed it

New version 0.4.5 should fix the DLL issue: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7248.msg96732#msg96732
Re
and now i am toast
nothing works
and i cant deinstall it
gosh

help help help

Offline roselee

• View Profile

same problem here
downloaded the new wallet 0.4.4 couse 0.2.1. and 03.0 said blabla .exe does not work
i am ready to give up and wait a month or so till there is a version thats easy to install ( as far as cryptos can be easy)

Install version 0.4.4, copy CrashRpt1402.dll (see previous post) into "C:\Program Files (x86)\BitSharesX\bin", run the wallet, should work.
Uninstaller leave files in %APPDATA% because it's your data files (including your wallet).
did all as you told
on github they say the crashRpt.dll bug will be fixed with the next update  .......... has anyone a clue when that might be ?

If it's simple stack, try to delete all from %APPDATA% except wallets folder and run the client again?

update on the problem
what i tryed
installing version 02.1. and updating to 0.3.0 then updating to 0.4.4
copy the dll file from github to bin file
now it tells me bitsharex.exe does not work

will there be wallet update soon? without this bug ?
thanks to all

and my friend has simular problems
his wallet didnt work till he updated to 0.3.0
but now he gets kicked from time to time
and syncing backwarts means insted of counting down its counting up
plus his icons are gone some times

Offline dankeykang

• View Profile
    • Marie's Meows
Bitshares X account:  mwpeace

Please checkout my cat shelter, http://mariesmeows.wix.com/alliancerescues

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
As long as I have a copy of the config.json I am safe? Or do I need a copy of the wallets folder as well??
not the config.json is important ... its the wallets directory ...

Im sorry I dont understand, the config.json is NOT IMPORTANT? the wallets directory is?

So why when I backup my wallet it gives me .json file?
can you open your client, click file in the upper left then click back-up wallet. it will be a .json file type thats the part you need

Offline Bitshark

• View Profile
just installed the new dll and now my bitsharesX client keeps crashing?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
As long as I have a copy of the config.json I am safe? Or do I need a copy of the wallets folder as well??

Im sorry I dont understand, the config.json is NOT IMPORTANT? the wallets directory is?

json is a format .. you can open and read it in notepad ... the config file DOES NOT contain the private keys to access you funds ... but you can make a backup of your wa.let which gives you a file in json format (also readable with notepad)

MAKE SURE TOREMEMBER YOUR PASSPHRASE AS THE KEYS IN THE JSON FILE IS ENCRYPTED!!

Offline xOR

• View Profile

same problem here

did all as you told

I went from 0.3.0 to 0.4.4 by installing the new version over the old one and had the same issue. Searching for CrashRpt1402.dll directed me to this thread. After I had downloaded it from GitHub and put it in the folder that error messages was gone, however, after starting the client would get stuck on the splash screen saying "processing block xyz...".
After removing everything except the wallet folder from %APPDATA% I could run the client without any error - no need to reinstall. It also asked for my password correctly and I could login. Now it's syncing again: 1.9 gigs of data. I am happy I got a fast Internet connection without any traffic limits, but others might not be that lucky. So hopefully not all future updates require us to redownload again, huh?  8)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 10:48:41 pm by xOR »

Offline dankeykang

• View Profile
    • Marie's Meows

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline dankeykang

• View Profile
    • Marie's Meows
Wow im totally screwed up now, the directions on here are vague, and the wallet is still not synced. Idk if I need a the backup from the File, Export Wallet.

Or if I need to copy the whole wallets folder. What a mess.

Offline dankeykang

• View Profile
    • Marie's Meows
Ok so I placed the crashrpt1402.dll into my Bitshares X bin folder, and now the wallet is stuck on its first loading screen "19115464 blocks processed"

So is the wallet screwed until they release 0.4.5???

Try this solution: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7161.msg96058#msg96058
Thanks, I uninstalled and re installed, then I just copy pasted the whole appdata Bitshares X folder over (deleted the new install appdata) and started the wallet. It's been reindexing and then getting stuck. I don't know what the problem is. I'm not sure if I should do the re install, then use the wallet import button? So far I keep getting stuck on this block reindexing.

Offline testz

Ok so I placed the crashrpt1402.dll into my Bitshares X bin folder, and now the wallet is stuck on its first loading screen "19115464 blocks processed"

So is the wallet screwed until they release 0.4.5???

Try this solution: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7161.msg96058#msg96058