Author Topic: Wallet Balance 'Immature'?  (Read 12297 times)

Offline ruletheworld

• View Profile
    • BTC Geek
Re: Wallet Balance 'Immature'?
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2013, 11:13:44 pm »
Damn I lost 4 orphaned blocks with my mining :(
PTS: PYRqARWMGQ1PeZvjJM6iWJxf2ouwYcueHF
BTC: 1NeRoAKp137GTDUEBaonbu5BUGPN17Xw5n
http://btcgeek.com

Offline Lighthouse

• Making a Market in PTS since 11/06/2013
    • View Profile
    • Lighthouse Bulk Orders and Trusted Escrow (Closed)
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2013, 04:31:33 pm »
Since then I successfully mined two blocks
Before you say the price of PTS is too high, take a look at theThe Reason.  Protoshares are an entirely new type of Cryptocurrency, one that pays to hold.

Offline trades

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 04:30:41 pm »
I ended up with 95 PTS immature, two transactions for 47.5 PTS mined, checked 5 hours later, found block count was stalled at 1089 though still hash activity 5.14/minute. Restarted qt, block count went up to 3004, immature PTS disappeared. Any explanations pr reference link?

Same to me, two blocks were in immature staying there up to 5 hour and when I restarted my PC they disappeared.
Some kind of orphans I guess?

Offline Lighthouse

• Making a Market in PTS since 11/06/2013
    • View Profile
    • Lighthouse Bulk Orders and Trusted Escrow (Closed)
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 02:54:49 pm »
I ended up with 95 PTS immature, two transactions for 47.5 PTS mined, checked 5 hours later, found block count was stalled at 1089 though still hash activity 5.14/minute. Restarted qt, block count went up to 3004, immature PTS disappeared. Any explanations pr reference link?

I had this same thing happen to me, I think it comes from overtaxing your hardware.  The mining keeps going but you're working on the wrong block, I also found a block - got 2 confirmations then sat there.  When I restarted it caught up with the network and the block I mined was orphaned.   
Before you say the price of PTS is too high, take a look at theThe Reason.  Protoshares are an entirely new type of Cryptocurrency, one that pays to hold.

Offline td services

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 02:29:59 pm »

Offline Beetle559

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 02:15:34 pm »
This confuses me. I left my computer mining all night, and in addition to the balance and unconfirmed, I have a place for
Immature: 150 PTS
However, when I go to the transactions tab, there are two entries with 50 PTS each of type Mined. They aren't confirmed and have a "?" to the left end. When I hover, it says 'Offline 3 confirmations. This block was not received by any other nodes and will probably not be accepted!'

What exactly does this mean? I don't suppose there was any forking, was there?

In addition to having "immature" PTS that you can't spend until after 120 cnfirmations it sounds like you created a block that was orphaned, you won't ever receive those coins.

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 12:55:40 pm »
It has been sooo long since Bitcoin users could CPU mine that you seem to have forgotten that it takes 120 blocks before a freshly mined coin can be spent.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline ruletheworld

• View Profile
    • BTC Geek
Wallet Balance 'Immature'?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 12:16:54 pm »
This confuses me. I left my computer mining all night, and in addition to the balance and unconfirmed, I have a place for
Immature: 150 PTS
However, when I go to the transactions tab, there are two entries with 50 PTS each of type Mined. They aren't confirmed and have a "?" to the left end. When I hover, it says 'Offline 3 confirmations. This block was not received by any other nodes and will probably not be accepted!'

What exactly does this mean? I don't suppose there was any forking, was there?
PTS: PYRqARWMGQ1PeZvjJM6iWJxf2ouwYcueHF
BTC: 1NeRoAKp137GTDUEBaonbu5BUGPN17Xw5n
http://btcgeek.com