Author Topic: Press Releases  (Read 7232 times)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
We were ahead for a brief couple of minutes at least :D

That's fine. We danced with NXT for a few hours there also. The passage will be permanent soon enough.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
We were ahead for a couple of minutes at least :D

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
I'm going to start regularly producing quality press releases for us.  Here are some titles for when we get into the #4 and #3 market cap spots.  Looks like #4 will be needed very soon as we briefly passed NXT, I'm told.  PR titles are very important as they determine if people even bother to read them.  Let me know what you think of these and please add suggestions! Let's get creative and have some fun.  B

#4 Spot PR:
BitSharesX Now Bigger Than NXT, says Ripple is Next.
BitSharesX Says Who’s Next After Passing NXT Today.
What’s Next For BitSharesX? Passing NXT To #4 Spot Today.
BitSharesX Zooming Up The Charts To #4 In The World.

#3 Spot PR:
BitSharesX Making Waves As It Swamps Ripple.
BitSharesX Wave Smashes Ripple.
Ripple Overtaken By BitSharesX Wave.
BitShares Tsunami Doesn't Spare Ripple.  (I know, silly, but hey)

Bitshares is the #3 spot now and is preying on Litecoin.

How about Bitshares shark?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 08:07:07 pm by luckybit »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
from skype:

[21:59:47] brianpage: We are the Borg. Resistance is futile.
[22:00:04] brianpage: tabitha....can you update social media...AGAIN? haha

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
BitShares X, I crown thee the King of 2.0!

Offline CLains

• View Profile
There it is, we are past Ripple!!

« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 08:04:31 pm by CLains »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I'll sneak off and have a glass tonight.  The rest of the team is on a strict Red Bull and Pizza diet.
hope you let your guys out to get some fresh air .. at least in the nights so that their eys don't burn :)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Am I wrong, or will this be the first time that a crypto-currency has passed Ripple based on its own organic growth? Auroracoin's volume was inflated by the airdrop. Has anyone else ever reached this territory? 

Offline CLains

• View Profile
Oh shi- you guys, we are already going to pass Ripple..

I vote for a press release that includes "sets sights on LTC"

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Please tell me you're taking pictures of the celebrations. For those of us that can't swing by VA I'd love to see the I3 (3I?) staff with some bubbly.
Once we are at 1$+ I will come to you guys and bring bubbly :)

I'll sneak off and have a glass tonight.  The rest of the team is on a strict Red Bull and Pizza diet.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Brian, I'm not sure you'll need any press releases. At this rate, you'll need some extra batteries for your phone!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Please tell me you're taking pictures of the celebrations. For those of us that can't swing by VA I'd love to see the I3 (3I?) staff with some bubbly.
Once we are at 1$+ I will come to you guys and bring bubbly :)

Offline Riverhead

We just passed $1MM in 24 hour volume  :o  For those keeping score at home that's 10% of LTC's.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 07:12:33 pm by Riverhead »

Offline Riverhead

No, I won't cry "BS". 

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
No, I won't cry "BS". 

In fact, I wrote the same thing in a draft press release that became obsolete before it could be released.  (I love the press release format because I get to quote myself.)

Here it is, for the record.  The rationale still applies even if some of the predictions are already overcome by events:

BitSharesX Targets #2 Rank in the Bitcoin Industry
Blacksburg, Virginia,  August 12, 2014

BitShares X made its first appearance at Number 6 on Monday, briefly bumping the venerable Peercoin from that rank among the 462 crypto currencies listed at coinmarketcap.com.

“Not a bad first month,” said Stan Larimer, president of Invictus Innovations, Inc., “but we think second place behind Bitcoin is just as likely by the end of its rookie year.” 

Invictus sees itself as a technology developer and advocate for this second-generation of crypto-equities — coins that contain “unmanned companies”.   But its founder, Daniel Larimer would rather view things the other way around.  “Bitcoin itself is just a first-generation unmanned company that implements a crypto-currency”, he said.  “Once you start thinking of these coins as potentially profitable companies, the sky is the limit for what you can do with them. Thanks to our open source software development toolkit, we expect to see a lot of unmanned companies launched in coming months.  BitShares X is just the first.”

Invictus doesn’t develop or launch such companies itself.  Instead, it supplies a library of innovative software called the BitShares Toolkit which it encourages third-party startups to customize for themselves.  Potential applications include banking, exchanges, insurance, music, gaming, voting, and namespace registration services to name a few.  “Any business that manages digital assets can likely benefit from the low overhead and robotically honest integrity of an unmanned company,” said Stan Larimer.  "We are just happy to serve as a behind-the-scenes industry advocate and start-up incubator.  We provide the enabling software tools, advocate our vision of their potential, and help start-up entrepreneurs tailor the technology for their unique markets, business models and legal jurisdictions."

DAC Sun Limited of Hong Kong is the first such startup to release a derivative from the BitShares Toolkit.  BitSharesX is their new unmanned bank and exchange as described on their BitShares-x.info web site. BitSharesX is a crypto-company designed to be regulated not by bureaucrats, but by transparent business rules implemented in open source software and operating on an incorruptible public ledger.   "This is a powerful new model for regulators," said Larimer.  “Now they can simply do a one-time audit of the hard-coded business logic of a company and know that it will remain in permanent compliance with those regulations. It also provides new levels of consumer protection in unbanked parts of the world and places plagued by government corruption or inadequate rule of law."

But why does Larimer think the #2 slot on coinmarketcap.com is easily within reach for BitSharesX?

“There are several good reasons”, said Larimer.  “First, there are unprecedented new levels of performance, ease of use, and privacy.  BitSharesX transactions are confirmed in 10 seconds, not the hour it can take for Bitcoin.  BitSharesX has a fresh new interface where users can refer to their accounts by name, not some unsightly crypto-address.  And all transactions are private with no relationship visible to the public between parties to a transaction.  So the whole system just feels better.  I find it invigorating.”

“Another reason is the value proposition”, he continued.  "Until recently, coins reached the top ten based mostly on their marketing.  They were designed to appeal to certain technical, philosophical, or meme-loving constituencies and gained market share by appealing to their hope of adoption by speculators seeking the next Bitcoin bonanza.  Now investors can begin to analyze new offerings rationally, based on their service features, business model and profit potential.  This is what excites us about BitSharesX. 

It reached number six with almost no marketing at all. 

All of its promotional growth still lies ahead of it!  We don’t think it will be hard at all to triple the number of people competing to own it.  That would move it into third place behind Litecoin.  Once that happens, it will become obvious that Litecoin is only in second place because it has always been in second place. Marketing it as “the silver to Bitcoin’s gold” will only work until something with the metaphorical utility of real silver comes along.  With that insight, the market will know what to do.  Tripling the level of awakening market interest at that point to take over second place seems like a no-brainer — assuming investors focus on fundamentals.”

“As for Bitcoin”, he concluded, “It will have an unassailable role for a long time because of name recognition, the network affect and its growing acceptance among merchants.  This makes it the natural crypto-currency to use like a checking account.  You put money into Bitcoin just in time — when you are about ready to spend it. 

What’s about to change is what you do with your crypto savings.

You want your savings to be safe from volatility and/or to earn you a rate of return.  Bitcoin doesn’t do that, but that’s the complementary role I see for BitSharesX.

Come to think of it, I only keep a few percent of my money in my checking account.  If a viable crypto savings account were to become available, I wonder where most of Bitcoin’s current market cap is going to flow?”
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 06:51:53 pm by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.