Author Topic: Congrats on #3! (from Vitalik of Ethereum)  (Read 9485 times)

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight

that made my day! honestly!

And yes .. having solid fundaments can also help build stable skyscrapers (for travel towards moon)
+5%  :D

Offline Riverhead

TITAN (transact invisibly), DPOS (Delegates + 15sec tx times + scalability out of the box) and a DAC toolkit for the creation and unmanipulated valuation of entire decentralized industries.   

10 second block times which means average transaction is 5 seconds...I think. When you execute a market operation you are on average 5 seconds way from the next block.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

that made my day! honestly!

And yes .. having solid fundaments can also help build stable skyscrapers (for travel towards moon)

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
I was wrong about the correction starting.

The big factor with BitSharesX is the transaction speed.  We probably wont go back to 7th place.  The fundamentals with BitSharesX are there.

I am happy to see how fast people realize what they are dealing with just in a few hours... Convincing isn't it!   :)
Welcome aboard  EagleEye!

Even though I thought a correction would come.  I was not selling :)

Offline fuzzy

The big factor with BitSharesX is the transaction speed.  We probably wont go back to 7th place.  The fundamentals with BitSharesX are there.

TITAN (transact invisibly), DPOS (Delegates + 15sec tx times + scalability out of the box) and a DAC toolkit for the creation and unmanipulated valuation of entire decentralized industries.   

Fundamentals are like....hm....let me find it, yes...here is what those fundamentals look like:

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

I am happy to see how fast people realize what they are dealing with just in a few hours... Convincing isn't it!   :)
Welcome aboard  EagleEye!
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

Offline LiquidStorm

• Bitshares All the way
    • View Profile
 +5% Great news

So how will this stack up against Ethereum ?
BTSX: liquid

Offline fuzzy

ohhhhh you guys...dont get too hyped.  It's "only" a jettison to 3rd place with a skyrocketing mktcap thats 2x in the past 2 days... :D

Just can't wait until devs start building with BitShares toolkit for their chains...now that will be a day to be remembered.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Fluctuating wildly. It's losing or gaining (mostly gaining) $3 million every time I refresh the screen.

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
$60M  Did I blink again?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Bitshark

• View Profile
officially going parabolic

merockstar

we all still kind of are insiders. 

If this thread ends up being one for the history books---https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7245.msg96624#msg96624

then we are looking at 3.5 dollars each btsx.  I am not in any way the richest person in this forum...but that will buy me a decent house and still have money left over.  Then I would make it rain over my wife's head so she would praise me and apologize for all the times she got livid over me "playing with bitcoin".  I would win!---errr i mean be rich.  Not sure which one would feel better atm.

this is happening too fast!

I don't have enough yet  :'(

SLOW THIS SHIT DOWN

Offline fuzzy

we all still kind of are insiders. 

If this thread ends up being one for the history books---https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7245.msg96624#msg96624

then we are looking at 3.5 dollars each btsx.  I am not in any way the richest person in this forum...but that will buy me a decent house and still have money left over.  Then I would make it rain over my wife's head so she would praise me and apologize for all the times she got livid over me "playing with bitcoin".  I would win!---errr i mean be rich.  Not sure which one would feel better atm.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

It is a dangerous thing to get on the way of an object moving at 4 March merockstar ....

i'm actually helping this rally continue.

my sentiment is sincere. if we dropped back to 7th place I'd still have faith in the fundamentals, I'd still know to buy in.

but the universe never lets me have my way. so I'm helping this rally continue by repeating that over and over.

I will repeat myself.

SLOW THIS SHIT DOWN!
Thats what makes you an 'insider' ... welcome to the club 8)

Offline puppies

• View Profile

It is a dangerous thing to get on the way of an object moving at 4 March merockstar ....

my sentiment is sincere. if we dropped back to 7th place I'd still have faith in the fundamentals, I'd still know to buy in.

but the universe never lets me have my way. so I'm helping this rally continue by repeating that over and over.

I will repeat myself.

SLOW THIS SHIT DOWN!

I hear you buddy.  As the self professed worst day trader in the history of the world.  I am pretty sure that if I sold my car and used the funds to purchase BTSX it would cause a massive market crash.

Now that I think of it.  who wants to pay me to not invest more?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

merockstar

I will repeat myself.

SLOW THIS SHIT DOWN!

Offline puppies

• View Profile

OMG not march 4.  I am not standing in that things way.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

merockstar

it's happening too fast!

SLOW THIS SHIT DOWN!

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
give it ~4 days Stan.

Read my signature.

LOL!  :)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline puppies

• View Profile
Now we're at 50M.  Am I not allowed to blink?

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
give it ~4 days Stan.

Read my signature.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
One third of the way to Litecoin...

50/158

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline fuzzy

Jeeeeez....

This rise is insane.  It just keeps going...

Offline Btc38

• View Profile
Great work :)
BTC38: One step a footprint is true

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
what a minute.  did vitalik buterin just imply that he definitely knows that bitsharesX will solidly stay at no. 3? 

we know crypto is volatile, and the no. 3 spot bitsharesX is in could be gone in a week or month or so due to high volatility.

but why congratulate bitsharesX for being no. 3 unless...  he knows it will stay at no. 3?

He is human, he can be wrong too.  :)

Offline lucky331

• View Profile
what a minute.  did vitalik buterin just imply that he definitely knows that bitsharesX will solidly stay at no. 3? 

we know crypto is volatile, and the no. 3 spot bitsharesX is in could be gone in a week or month or so due to high volatility.

but why congratulate bitsharesX for being no. 3 unless...  he knows it will stay at no. 3?

merockstar

Bitcoin started with a market cap of "Hey guy, will you order me a pizza for a shitload?"

this started at 20 mil.

$20million and a box of tampons, sir!

valid

Offline yellowecho

Bitcoin started with a market cap of "Hey guy, will you order me a pizza for a shitload?"

this started at 20 mil.

$20million and a box of tampons, sir!
696c6f766562726f776e696573

merockstar

its going up too fast.

i don't have enough yet  :'(

SLOW THIS SHIT DOWN

Does it really matter if your Bitcoin was bought at 1 usd or 10 usd ?

this started at 20 mil.

Offline lucky331

• View Profile
so the strategy should be, buy high, sell higher?  :D

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
its going up too fast.

SLOW THIS SHIT DOWN

It's taking a little breather again. So far, these breaks aren't long enough to get another paycheck cashed.

merockstar

its going up too fast.

SLOW THIS SHIT DOWN

Offline soniq

• View Profile
over a month without nicotine...

and this excitement is making me want to get back smoking.  god help me...

be strong.... just think of all the extra time you are going to need to spend your profits  ;D
Pr7V9GUm59dtKWXG6RJSymPsyCaCKWwNEj
Soniq on Bitcointalk -- Verified
Bitshares btsx:soniq

Offline lucky331

• View Profile
over a month without nicotine...

and this excitement is making me want to get back smoking.  god help me...

Offline Murderistic

• View Profile
I almost forgot to take mine off once Brian...

Good to see you here V - knocking off Ripple is a nice way to end the day.

Offline fuzzy

Possible, but I think it may just be that our Chinese friends have finally gone to bed. That was some impressive volume. A little profit-taking is understandable, but if someone were to sell now, before the assets have even come online? Bad time to be on the sidelines, if you ask me.

Agreed.

....lol, beat me to it bri

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
It's just too fast... My wealth doubled in the past 24 hours, that makes me a little scared, to be honest.  I was anticipating a long term invest...

It is...but if you got in on the ground floor of APPLE, GOOGLE, YAHOO...etc, they were great long-term investments with huge increases in market cap in short periods of time.  This is natural...a crash may occur, but I am on the side of doubting it is huge when it does.

The correction may have already started.

Possible, but I think it may just be that our Chinese friends have finally gone to bed. That was some impressive volume. A little profit-taking is understandable, but if someone were to sell now, before the assets have even come online? Bad time to be on the sidelines, if you ask me.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

True story.  For my first few weeks being on bitsharestalk, when I read "Toast" I pictured Vitalik.  Really not sure why, but kinda lol ?
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Thanks V. You da man. Haha, I see Super3 on your screen. Tell him I suggest he take his google glass of before taking a shower.  B

You can tell him directly. He is visiting the forum on a daily bases.

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
It's just too fast... My wealth doubled in the past 24 hours, that makes me a little scared, to be honest.  I was anticipating a long term invest...

It is...but if you got in on the ground floor of APPLE, GOOGLE, YAHOO...etc, they were great long-term investments with huge increases in market cap in short periods of time.  This is natural...a crash may occur, but I am on the side of doubting it is huge when it does.

The correction may have already started.

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
Thanks V. You da man. Haha, I see Super3 on your screen. Tell him I suggest he take his google glass of before taking a shower.  B

Offline fuzzy

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
Its really the instant transactions and other great features that makes bitsharesx so good.  Though NXT is going to be 2nd in the 2.0 sphere.

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline yellowecho

Did you say long?  There's always bitGLD, my friend.  8)

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Hey V,
maybe you are interested in also sticking r/BitShares into your toolbar :)

Offline yellowecho

Woohoo, thanks V!!

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Thanks for posting. You're a good man, V. Love those tabs on your screen; keeping busy?

Offline JA

• View Profile
that 24 hour volume   8)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 08:08:36 pm by jabbajabba »

Offline vbuterin

• View Profile
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 06:52:42 am by MktDirector »