Author Topic: Total noob- can anyone help me lol?  (Read 1397 times)

Offline regsanman

• View Profile
I installed the wallet on windows7 x64 yesterday and experienced the crashing you are describing.  It crashed multiple times until the blockchain was completely downloaded and in sync.   It has been stable since with no crashes.

Offline bytemaster

If you have crashing issues we need your help.  Please provide a detailed description of your system and software.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Hey all, a couple basic questions- sorry for my total lack of understanding. I've tried watching videos and reading some things, but I need this ELI5.

1. What is the difference between PTS and BTSX? I'm looking to invest long term. What should I buy?
BTSX is a chain which is actually usefull. PTS was the fundraiser token. You can still buy PTS which might bet you a stake in future DACs (not in BTSX or anything which follows form it though).

2. Is Bitshares in competition with Bitcoin?
Bitshares itself is an ecosystem, a toolkit and such.... BitUSD within BTSX is a competitor for Bitcoin. Buy BTSX if you belive in BitUSD to be an undervalued competitor for Bitcoin.

3. What is the safest way to buy PTS or BTSX and how do I securely create a wallet?
Safest way is difficult to say. Bter, Poloniex and BTC38 would be the way to go. I would buy on the first two. BTC38 I guess has a bit higher prices, not sure though. Buy on the exchanges first. Then set up a completely clean/safe computer, dl from here http://bitshares-x.info/ ans install.

4. I downloaded Bitshares for Windows, and everything went fine and I was brought to the main interface where I could create a username. For some reason though the entire thing crashed, and now when I try to run Bitshares, it doesn't run. I uninstalled, re-installed, but still no luck.
Don't have an asnwer to this one :(

Thank you :)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 10:05:55 am by delulo »

Offline Frodo03

• View Profile
Hey all, a couple basic questions- sorry for my total lack of understanding. I've tried watching videos and reading some things, but I need this ELI5.

1. What is the difference between PTS and BTSX? I'm looking to invest long term. What should I buy?

2. Is Bitshares in competition with Bitcoin?

3. What is the safest way to buy PTS or BTSX and how do I securely create a wallet?

4. I downloaded Bitshares for Windows, and everything went fine and I was brought to the main interface where I could create a username. For some reason though the entire thing crashed, and now when I try to run Bitshares, it doesn't run. I uninstalled, re-installed, but still no luck.

Thank you :)