Other > BitShares AGS

bitsharesx and ags

(1/4) > >>

xeroc:
You can only access your genesis stake of each DAC for your donations to the AGS address if yo hold the private key of the address you sent the btc from ...
Unless you do not care about your initial stake you should go through that thread:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=4748.0;topicseen
and hope for future developers to act accordingly .. as changing your coinbase address to something different is extra effort for the developers ..

It was made clear from the beginning that donations to AGS only make sense from a wallet where you CONTROLL the private key!

Maximus0352:

--- Quote from: xeroc on September 04, 2014, 06:22:23 am ---
--- Quote from: Maximus0352 on September 04, 2014, 02:39:01 am ---Xeroc, will the fact that I donated from Coinbase in July affect my AGS  involvement in future snapshots?

--- End quote ---
Do you own the private key of the address you spent from? (I don't know as I am not using coinbase)

--- End quote ---

No, coinbase does not provide the private key.

xeroc:

--- Quote from: Maximus0352 on September 04, 2014, 02:39:01 am ---Xeroc, will the fact that I donated from Coinbase in July affect my AGS  involvement in future snapshots?

--- End quote ---
Do you own the private key of the address you spent from? (I don't know as I am not using coinbase)

Maximus0352:

--- Quote from: xeroc on September 03, 2014, 08:55:17 am ---
--- Quote from: Maximus0352 on September 03, 2014, 07:38:23 am ---
--- Quote from: xeroc on September 03, 2014, 06:45:52 am ---
--- Quote from: Maximus0352 on September 03, 2014, 05:06:53 am ---I donated BTC for AGS from my coinbase account...is there anything I need to do at this point?

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Apologies, as I'm still new to both Bitcoin and BitsharesX. What is the purpose of substituting an address from Coinbase to another?

--- End quote ---
Not sure about coinbase as I am not a costumer there .. but
either:
 - you don't habe access to the private key at all
 - a third second party (coinbase) also has access to your private key

--- End quote ---

Xeroc, will the fact that I donated from Coinbase in July affect my AGS  involvement in future snapshots?

xeroc:

--- Quote from: Maximus0352 on September 03, 2014, 07:38:23 am ---
--- Quote from: xeroc on September 03, 2014, 06:45:52 am ---
--- Quote from: Maximus0352 on September 03, 2014, 05:06:53 am ---I donated BTC for AGS from my coinbase account...is there anything I need to do at this point?

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Apologies, as I'm still new to both Bitcoin and BitsharesX. What is the purpose of substituting an address from Coinbase to another?

--- End quote ---
Not sure about coinbase as I am not a costumer there .. but
either:
 - you don't habe access to the private key at all
 - a third second party (coinbase) also has access to your private key

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version