Author Topic: NEW ProtoShares Logo  (Read 15935 times)

Offline superresistant

• View Profile
Re: NEW ProtoShares Logo
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2013, 12:07:27 pm »

Offline que23

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2013, 11:50:29 am »
I vote for the old one or try again at a new one . The 3d one is cool but...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PTS: Pa75dEzGkMcnM85hRMbdKiS1YdF81rnSCF

Offline jan

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2013, 10:08:15 am »
Looks like we are about half and half on the logo. Next time the community will be more involved rather than just trying to drop in your lap. Was on a time crunch to get the website out, so I moved a little fast on this one.

As for brand, I think the concerns are unfounded. Already dealt with this with Peercoin. A good flashy logo did us wonders. You kinda need something a little unique when it starts show up on the NYT, etc...

you want to redesign logo everytime when an update comes out!? really? Did bitcoin change the logo in past? or any other crypto currency before?
Iam working for a design agency and i can say, thats a *NOGO*. Current protoshare logo is a *little unique* - i don't understand your concerns here. I don't think we need a voting for a new logo. Sry, can't write english very well but hopefully you could understand my approach .

I fully agree with cassiopaia, that's not how you raise brand awareness.

+1
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star - F. Nietzsche

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2013, 08:12:11 am »
Looks like we are about half and half on the logo. Next time the community will be more involved rather than just trying to drop in your lap. Was on a time crunch to get the website out, so I moved a little fast on this one.

As for brand, I think the concerns are unfounded. Already dealt with this with Peercoin. A good flashy logo did us wonders. You kinda need something a little unique when it starts show up on the NYT, etc...

you want to redesign logo everytime when an update comes out!? really? Did bitcoin change the logo in past? or any other crypto currency before?
Iam working for a design agency and i can say, thats a *NOGO*. Current protoshare logo is a *little unique* - i don't understand your concerns here. I don't think we need a voting for a new logo. Sry, can't write english very well but hopefully you could understand my approach .

I fully agree with cassiopaia, that's not how you raise brand awareness.

Offline changpan88

• View Profile

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2013, 03:05:36 am »

As for update, it should be updated whenever a new client is out. No special update will be made for the logo. Would the community like to vote on the logo? I have a few more design as well.

What if a world class designer provide a much better logo for ProtoShares 3 months later? Do we update again?
Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline Number 1

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2013, 02:27:32 am »

Super3 what about the similarity with the gamecube logo and legal issues as a result. Would you be able to do a mock-up webpage as in protoshares.net comparing the 2d to the 3d logo?
I like the clean design of the protoshares.net website.
PTS: Pj8UH9ExVidcFd4LKtEgPSrwrtpYhPhug8

Offline jan

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2013, 11:08:29 am »
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star - F. Nietzsche

Offline FreeTrade

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2013, 05:42:01 am »
As for update, it should be updated whenever a new client is out. No special update will be made for the logo. Would the community like to vote on the logo? I have a few more design as well.

Perhaps we could hold a vote on whether or not to change the logo first.

Then maybe a vote on which one is best.
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2013, 11:49:50 pm »

« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 12:24:19 am by cassiopaia »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline super3

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2013, 10:06:31 pm »

jernau

« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2013, 02:51:52 pm »
Here's a side by side comparison with the gamecube logo:

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2013, 11:55:40 am »
This was super3 idea

ok yes, but i think we shouldn't concentrate in those task we finished already ...
Thinking quite better idea is to redesign the bitshares icon, cause this is not well readable on small sizes .. and btw it isn't an icon really :)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 11:59:15 am by cassiopaia »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2013, 11:53:09 am »
This was super3 idea

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2013, 11:52:11 am »
whats BrianSovryn thinking about!?