Author Topic: Delegates now Earning $125 per month....  (Read 3812 times)

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
Where do you go to set up the software to become a delegate and can you use Amazon web services or do you need your own server?

Build the CLI client from source.  at https://github.com/dacsunlimited/bitsharesx

You can run it on an amazon server.  It takes about 2gb of ram to compile, but some of that can be swap if you want to run a cheaper server and don't mind waiting extra time for it to compile.  I would suggest something in the 2-4GB range right now.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
Where do you go to set up the software to become a delegate and can you use Amazon web services or do you need your own server?

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
estimates for delegates per month with market enabled and 100 million market cap bytemaster, indulge us!

Offline GaltReport

I will then decommission the lower paying one.  Is this not allowed or frowned upon ?  If so, just ignore.

My fault I didn't know all the rules though.  The delegate is very reliable and only missed blocks on one of the early versions.

same very high-end reliable server class.

it is not frowned upon and actually is encouraged at the moment, which seems silly to me. The point is that you don't vote for one delegate and then that delegate jacks up his rates without you knowing. The downside is it creates a market with infinite upward pressure.

I'm still advocating for a mechanism by which delegates can raise their rates in a transparent way by publishing rate changes a few days ahead of time. That will be great for the network since it will actually allow a delegate pay rate market to form where some delegates can peg their income to bitUSD, which is impossible with the current rules.

+5%

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
I will then decommission the lower paying one.  Is this not allowed or frowned upon ?  If so, just ignore.

My fault I didn't know all the rules though.  The delegate is very reliable and only missed blocks on one of the early versions.

it is not frowned upon and actually is encouraged at the moment, which seems silly to me. The point is that you don't vote for one delegate and then that delegate jacks up his rates without you knowing. The downside is it creates a market with infinite upward pressure.

I'm still advocating for a mechanism by which delegates can raise their rates in a transparent way by publishing rate changes a few days ahead of time. That will be great for the network since it will actually allow a delegate pay rate market to form where some delegates can peg their income to bitUSD, which is impossible with the current rules.
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

Offline GaltReport

It would be good if there was some way to adjust the payrate periodically or have it automatic somehow based on reliability, blocks produced etc....I know there is a reason for it the way it is but maybe there is some adjustment possible.

Ggozzo

Is the delegate maximum fee per block going to be lifted? Or is it always going to have some sort of cap but increase and decrease depending on the amount of transactions processed?

Offline GaltReport

And market fees haven't even started yet...
+5%
How does it feel to know you were right all along?

And it's much more efficient than wasteful mining.

I am getting $12.5/month due too my low pay rates ...

Please vote for my sub account delegate:

delegate.liondani
wallet_approve_delegate delegate.liondani

payrate 5% under average payrates that means at 79% right now  ;)

Your pay rate is 5%? You know you should probably ask for 50%.
But if we are going at cost then it only costs around 5% if you don't take any profit for your time.

I am in the same boat here, at 5%.  I have added a new delegate named  delegate1.john-galt  at a  50% pay rate. 

If you are kind enough to be voting for delegate1-galt please vote for delegate1.john-galt

« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 06:52:31 pm by GaltReport »

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
Can you elaborate the math you did? what you said may be only right for those running more than 1 deletage and payrate 100%  :-[

6 blocks per minute
60 minutes per hour
24 hours per day
30 days per month
1.6 BTSX per block
$0.03 per BTSX
/ 101 delegates
Take it -10% due to missed blocks, still pretty impressive.
Wait until price reaches reasonable levels. It could easily reach $12500 per delegate. (implications are reasonable price levels $3)

Shouldn't we get to $1 before we talk about $3? What market cap is $3 and in what time frame do you expect us to reach that market cap?

I think with the best of luck we could reach a market cap which produces $1 this year. $3 would depend on a lot of factors such as having Gateway support, ATM support, great marketing, possibly a Bitcoin bubble. I could see $3 possibly in 2015 or 2016 at the earliest but I'd like to know your projections.

2015 isn't that far. With the functionality planned and if everything works as advertised that reasonable price ($3) could be reached in 2 years. Of course a lot of external factors might influence that. Gateway support, ATM support and others will naturally follow a successful launch regardless of your actions. If everything works as described you shouldn't care about bitcoin.

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
Can you elaborate the math you did? what you said may be only right for those running more than 1 deletage and payrate 100%  :-[

6 blocks per minute
60 minutes per hour
24 hours per day
30 days per month
1.6 BTSX per block
$0.03 per BTSX
/ 101 delegates

+5%  Seems perfectly right. 
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

6 blocks per minute
60 minutes per hour
24 hours per day
30 days per month
1.6 BTSX per block
$0.03 per BTSX
/ 101 delegates
Wait until price reaches reasonable levels. It could easily reach $12500 per delegate. (implications are reasonable price levels $3)

Shouldn't we get to $1 before we talk about $3? What market cap is $3 and in what time frame do you expect us to reach that market cap?

I think with the best of luck we could reach a market cap which produces $1 this year. $3 would depend on a lot of factors such as having Gateway support, ATM support, great marketing, possibly a Bitcoin bubble. I could see $3 possibly in 2015 or 2016 at the earliest but I'd like to know your projections.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
Your pay rate is 5%? You know you should probably ask for 50%.
But if we are going at cost then it only costs around 5% if you don't take any profit for your time.

I know I should follow the market, but the rules don't allow it. You're not allowed to raise rates, only lower. That's why everyone is keeping their rates as high as possible and won't respond to market forces.
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG

6 blocks per minute
60 minutes per hour
24 hours per day
30 days per month
1.6 BTSX per block
$0.03 per BTSX
/ 101 delegates

Offline bytemaster

6 blocks per minute
60 minutes per hour
24 hours per day
30 days per month
1.6 BTSX per block
$0.03 per BTSX
/ 101 delegates

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
BTS committee member:jademont