Author Topic: Daily Income, Daily Expenses and Daily Burn - I'm confused.  (Read 4063 times)

Offline earthbound

• View Profile
    • earthbound.io
these three numbers appears on top of the wallet software without explanation, it is really confusing. I suggest add an explanation text (e.g. by mouse hovering) next to these numbers.

1.) I second this, except that I suggest the titles themselves somehow describe what the blankety-blank they really are :) Dunno how they could be captioned. How about just:

Network Daily Income
Network Daily Expenses
Network Daily Burn

2.) I'm confused meself. I just had difficulty withdrawing BitSharesX from an exchange (after I deposited a small test amount thereto), and I ended up doing some debugging for the exchange web developers :) What I figured out is that their form was allowing me to do things I shouldn't be allowed to do, but not telling me so. Specifically, it didn't work when I tried to enter a memo with the transaction, and the memo had a space character in it. When I didn't enter any memo, it went through ok, and when I entered an alphanumeric memo without spaces, it went through. What's up with that?

[EDIT 08/26/2014 10:18 PM: The web dev contacted me after I reported it. It was a bug, and they fixed it.]
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 04:19:27 am by earthbound »
I think I'm not alone when I say I'd like to see more and more planets fall under the ruthless dominion of our solar system. -Jack Handey

Offline aasl

• View Profile
these three numbers appears on top of the wallet software without explanation, it is really confusing. I suggest add an explanation text (e.g. by mouse hovering) next to these numbers.

Offline onceuponatime

Also should I register all of my accounts as a matter of course?

If you don't register a name then somebody else might and then it would be lost to you.

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile
So are there like 5 people logged in as Bytemaster or do you just mainline amphetamines?

Judging from the amount of work done in a day, bytemaster might have clones..
>>> approve bitcoiners

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I probably wont be available that much next week .. have my parents around and will go out visit sweden (staying in sweden for 3 months ) :)

Nice! When I can quit my day job I plan to do some traveling. This weekend is my wife's birthday so I won't be able to focus on this again until Monday.

Isn't that why we have a community? So that BM does not need to do all the support job on it's own and we can share the work (and benefits) :)

Offline Riverhead

I probably wont be available that much next week .. have my parents around and will go out visit sweden (staying in sweden for 3 months ) :)

Nice! When I can quit my day job I plan to do some traveling. This weekend is my wife's birthday so I won't be able to focus on this again until Monday.

Offline bytemaster

So are there like 5 people logged in as Bytemaster or do you just mainline amphetamines?
I guess ... I am having difficult time to read all posts while working little .. but BM is working hard an manages to read (and write) more posts than I can .. just amazing

Seriously. I just got approved to take next week as vacation from my real job so I can focus on this (I didn't tell them that). I have a feeling the support queue is going to be HUGE once the market starts and we'll need all hands on deck.

+1
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline Riverhead

I guess ... I am having difficult time to read all posts while working little .. but BM is working hard an manages to read (and write) more posts than I can .. just amazing

Seriously. I just got approved to take next week as vacation from my real job so I can focus on this (I didn't tell them that). I have a feeling the support queue is going to be HUGE once the market starts and we'll need all hands on deck.

Offline Riverhead

I wouldn't register accounts you don't think you're going to use. They are not transferable and currently can't be revoked so they become just dead weight.

However an account that you don't register is not reserved in the blockchain. If someone else creates an account by the same name and completes registration you'll have to rename yours.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline Riverhead

So I was correct in the first place to some extent? Those figures do actually make a difference to the value of my holdings. It's just that my balance stays the same but the value effectively goes up (assuming a static price) because of the decreasing share supply over time...? Does this mean that BTSX is inflationary vs BTC being deflationary.

Delegates presumably earn shares directly via a different mechanism and so their balances do actually go up?

Sorry if I'm being a bit dense  :-X

Delegates earn their BTSX directly from the fees paid for transactions. No BTSX is created or destroyed at that point. However, a delegate's income is the percentage of those fees they keep. For example a 5% delegate that earns 100 BTSX will keep 5 BTSX and send 95 BTSX into oblivion. That is the number that shows in Burn Rate.

Offline pseudoscops

Offline pseudoscops

So I was correct in the first place to some extent? Those figures do actually make a difference to the value of my holdings. It's just that my balance stays the same but the value effectively goes up (assuming a static price) because of the decreasing share supply over time...? Does this mean that BTSX is inflationary vs BTC being deflationary.

Delegates presumably earn shares directly via a different mechanism and so their balances do actually go up?

Sorry if I'm being a bit dense  :-X

Offline Riverhead