Author Topic: Guide: How to mine in cloud with Windows Azure. [windows server]  (Read 13916 times)

Offline andhar

• Board Moderator
  • *BOH!*
    • View Profile
Guide: How to mine in cloud with Windows Azure. [windows server]
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 10:38:48 am »
Hello good folk!

I just wanted to share this guide, if there is anything you feel need to be added to the below text feel free to PM me!

As SP4RK7 mentions in this thread : http://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=598.0

Azure is giving away 29 days of trial: http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/

Sign up there and enter your name, phone and credit info. (everything needed as stated in the form.)

NOTE: They will not charge you for the trial. When you use up your 29 days the trial ends and it's closed. Same goes for when your 200$ spending limit is used up.

After you have created an account log in through the site and press portal on the right hand side of the screen. (blue button.)

This will take you to your management section where you can create and start your virtual machines. 

Press virtual machine in the right menu, and look at the bottom where there is a + and it says new.

Create now 3 machines. Use the xl and large types 2* 8 cores and 1* 4 cores for max profit and length on the trial.

After you have done this and pressed start on the machines, press connect. A file will now download. (It's the shortcut for the virtual machine.)

When it's downloaded log in with the username and password you entered when you created the virtual machine.

This will connect you remotely to the servers desktop.

When you are connected Press the key on the bar with the blue server and the grey toolbox.
The button on the bottom left aka the server manager.

When server manager is open press local server on the left side of the window.
Then properties will open up.
Now find where it says IE enchanted security configuration. It's on by default . Press where it say ON and turn it of in the pop up box then hit the refresh button on the right top side.

When this is done close the server manager window and hit the Windows key.

Open internet explorer and go to this forum/the pool section of the forum and download the miner from there and follow the instructions from the thread creator or the instructions inside the miner.bat file.

Hope this was helpful.

Sincerely

Andhar

(Tip's are appreciated  8)  )