Author Topic: Confirmation time, is this normal?  (Read 7411 times)

Offline Captain_Picard

• View Profile
Re: Confirmation time, is this normal?
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2014, 03:40:31 am »
Hmmm let me know if you come across any news or updates.  My first Dogecoin withdrawal was confirmed in a couple of minutes.  PTS may be full of great ideas but if not user friendly much fail. 

Offline onceuponatime

« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2014, 05:30:08 am »
Update: The transaction has  11 confirmations  now. Imdon't know why it took 8 hours, but probably because it was a small amount and sender didn't add any transaction fee would be my guess.

Offline Captain_Picard

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2014, 06:00:53 am »
Thanks for the update.  I still only have one confirmation and it's been almost 8 hours.  I was not aware of any transaction fees that needed to be added. Not sure what I should do, feels like my funds are in limbo which is not very comforting.  Should I just let the wallet run all night and hope for the best, attempt to cancel somehow, or close and restart the wallet?

Offline Nimrod

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2014, 09:17:07 am »
Keep the wallet open and then wait,no other way.

Offline zvs

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2014, 06:21:22 pm »
If blocks are slow and there are lots of transactions occuring (like there would be today and yesterday), then transactions w/ 0 fees will have a hard time getting into blocks.

I always add excessive fees to my transactions, for DOGE it was 1 per 1kb, for PTS it's 0.001.  the default min_tx for pts is 0.0001, so if you use 0.00011 then it's np.
Pls to join Primedice 3 and frolic about merrily whilst gambling awe-inspiring quantities of bitcoins. The power of Christ compels you.

I have a dogecoin p2pool at Nogleg.

Offline Captain_Picard

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2014, 06:57:32 pm »
Thanks.  Where/how are transaction fees added to any PTS transaction?

Offline Yepez

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2014, 07:18:39 pm »
Thanks.  Where/how are transaction fees added to any PTS transaction?
I had the same trouble with a withdraw from bter.com,  and after  almost 18 Hrs,  I get my transaction confirmed
Unfortunately there is no option at  bter exchange for adding the "transaction fee",  I don't know in Cryptsy,  but anyway you can't add the fee after the transaction. (not than I am aware of)

So you only has to wait, and wait..  and hope your transaction get at least 6 confirmation before 11:59 GMT.

Good luck.   :)

Offline Captain_Picard

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2014, 07:46:51 pm »
It looks like my withdrawal did get confirmed into my wallet so that is good news.  No I did not see a way to add a transaction fee in Cryptsy...

Offline zvs

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2014, 02:28:51 pm »
I know for Bitcoin at least Cryptsy automatically includes a fee in excess of the minimum (0.0002 instead of 0.0001), it's probably the same for PTS.

From what I've been reading here, there are at least a few exchanges that send out PTS with 0 fee... probably because 99% of the time that's fine, since blocks come relatively quickly and it takes a while to reach that max block size for free transactions (10k for non-priority, 27k for priority?  i keep getting stuff mixed up, so could be wrong).  It's just on the 27th and 28th stuff got bogged down

Pls to join Primedice 3 and frolic about merrily whilst gambling awe-inspiring quantities of bitcoins. The power of Christ compels you.

I have a dogecoin p2pool at Nogleg.